Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

If a pair has already bred at least one offspring, should I worry that this pair might reject each other in the future?

If your first breeding was anything other than "Refuse to go near each other"  they will not refuse in the future.  Refusals only happen on the first* breeding. 

*  Exception: If one breed is a holiday and the first breeding took place during the holiday breeding week then they may refuse the rest of the year.

Hey, quick question. I'm trying to trade a hatchie and it got sick because I accidentally left it in some hatcheries too long, but because I'm trying to trade it, I don't want to fog it yet. So would Stunning it help, or should I just bite the bullet and fog it anyway and risk not getting the trade?

3 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

So would Stunning it help

Stunning would help, since it disables it from getting more views (though not clicks), but it also adds a day to the hatchling's timer. So it's almost as good as fogging, with regards to sickness.

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Stunning would help, since it disables it from getting more views (though not clicks), but it also adds a day to the hatchling's timer. So it's almost as good as fogging, with regards to sickness.

I kind of figured, but I'm hoping it'll be okay while unfogged. I already went and Stunned it while waiting for a response, so I'll have to see how it's doing before I sign off. If it's still sick, I might consider fogging it anyway just to be safe.

Anyone else have any actual experience with this?

About Zombies.

Best chance is on 31st. Which is the last day of the month.

How does that work in September (30 days) ? Would I be better NOT trying then ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

About Zombies.

Best chance is on 31st. Which is the last day of the month.

How does that work in September (30 days) ? Would I be better NOT trying then ?

means it's the same chance as any other day.  Halloween> 31st>at night>daytime.

This is kind of related to an above question. If I have a dragon get sick in a trade, will warding it take away the sickness? This hasn't happened to me yet (because I never add my babies to hatcheries until the eggs are almost ready hatch), but I recently got a tinsel that I'm afraid will get sick AFTER she hatches because this seems to happen to tinsels for some reason. I want to be able to insure her safety before trying to trade her. It's just a 3G, but I'm hoping to get a Cheese out of it.

10 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

means it's the same chance as any other day.  Halloween> 31st>at night>daytime.

Darn ! Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

This is kind of related to an above question. If I have a dragon get sick in a trade, will warding it take away the sickness? This hasn't happened to me yet (because I never add my babies to hatcheries until the eggs are almost ready hatch), but I recently got a tinsel that I'm afraid will get sick AFTER she hatches because this seems to happen to tinsels for some reason. I want to be able to insure her safety before trying to trade her. It's just a 3G, but I'm hoping to get a Cheese out of it.

It doesn't take away the sickness, just prevents death for 6 hours. If she hatches healthy before you manage to trade her you'd be better off stunning.

Thanks. I just don't like stunning because it makes them take longer to mature. I think I got a stunned Cheese in a trade, and it didn't even grow a tail until it was at exactly 2d. 

Was that yesterday ? ;)

It is the safer option.

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Was that yesterday ? ;)

It is the safer option.

Yes. It was the Cheese that needed a boot! Haha. I see someone remembers me worrying about my Cheesy babies. I just love them so much!

Stunning just makes the growth take so much longer! I wish fogging would prevent them from growing up, but it just prevents more views. If they have enough to grow up, they grow up as soon as I unfog them. This happened to a sick copper I had fogged. As soon as he hit 3d 23hrs, I unfogged him and he grew up. He wasn't sick anymore, so I was wanting to trade him as an ER hatchie, but...no luck. 

Why do you care about it taking longer- you'd be stunning something you want to trade away; it's the next person's problem ;) 

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Why do you care about it taking longer- you'd be stunning something you want to trade away; it's the next person's problem ;) 

Well..that's true. But I don't like it myself...I don't want to inconvenience people. I guess I'd feel bad. But...it WILL be the other person's problem once it's gone. 

Sadly, sometimes people don't take the trade and I'm STUCK with it much longer than I want to be. I won't abandon something pretty. I'll keep it and raise it myself if no one wants it. 

On 8/31/2018 at 11:08 PM, Suzumiya said:

This seems to be correct. I just froze an incredibly inbred and messy Xeno. It did NOT count. 

& @purplehaze I thought the same, had to grow adult wyrms, tried with a pygmy wyrm and she grew up with no change to the count for me as well. Anyone know what's going on? Sorry if I missed it and this has already been semi-explained. (^_^')

I have a Description Approval question.  Can one Reject vote in the description process kill my description from being accepted?

5 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I have a Description Approval question.  Can one Reject vote in the description process kill my description from being accepted?

Not usually.  Random rejects happen a lot.  Now if the person who rejected says it doesn't meant the requirements IE: is in first person instead of third then it is possible. 

User votes are really just guidelines, they help you see what is good about the description and what needs changed.  They also allow the mods to review faster.  A lot of accepts says the description is good so they don't need to check as carefully.  (which was very helpful when the backlog was 50,000+) but a description can be approved with no accepts if a mod gets to it first.

Edited by DragonLady86

Why do ER eggs take so long to hatch even when they are in six hatcheries?

I've noticed a significant slow-down in gaining views on ER eggs for some weeks now.

Sometimes it takes more than an hour for a <2d egg to hatch...

Do we have something like a protection against too many views?

(Which would be great against viewbombing, but is annoying when trying to let some ER eggs hatch quickly...)

Thank you.

Cheers

Seriva

18 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I've noticed a significant slow-down in gaining views on ER eggs for some weeks now.

Sometimes it takes more than an hour for a <2d egg to hatch...

Do we have something like a protection against too many views?

(Which would be great against viewbombing, but is annoying when trying to let some ER eggs hatch quickly...)

Thank you.

Cheers

Seriva

Mostly it's because most people drop their eggs/hatchlings into hatcherys and forget about them.  Hatcherys depend on people running the viewers to work.  also more people let their eggs get to er status because of all the viewbombing which means it takes the ers longer to cycle through every egg.

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I think it may also have something to do with the sheer number of eggs in ERs at one time. With such low AP times I have noticed that most ERs have hundreds of eggs in them at once. Most ERs don't show that many eggs in one cycle unless you change the default setting, so each individual egg gets seen less often even by the people who do stick around to give views.

5 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

What exactly is considered a wyrm?

Officially: the 6 breeds of Xenos, the red tailed pygmy, and Omens.  Whether anything else counts for the raffle has yet to be determined.

8 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Officially: the 6 breeds of Xenos, the red tailed pygmy, and Omens.  Whether anything else counts for the raffle has yet to be determined.

Well, that's what I thought, too, but apparently the pygmies don't count -- see quote below (bolded for emphasis).

3 hours ago, priscel said:

& @purplehaze I thought the same, had to grow adult wyrms, tried with a pygmy wyrm and she grew up with no change to the count for me as well. Anyone know what's going on? Sorry if I missed it and this has already been semi-explained. (^_^')

The encyclopedia lists those as:

• Type: Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)

which sounds like they should work. I think we really need some clarification on this.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, that's what I thought, too, but apparently the pygmies don't count -- see quote below (bolded for emphasis).

The encyclopedia lists those as:

• Type: Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)

which sounds like they should work. I think we really need some clarification on this.

I just checked my raffle status again, and I only need two more!

The only thing that's grown is a Red dragon.  *scratches chin contemplatively*

Hm. Well, I needed two pygmy wyrms for a lineage so I shall wait and see if they serve me well...