Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

6 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Are we on sunrises or sunsets right now? I thought sunset, but I forgot DC time, so I think it might hatch sunrise? In the next 30 mins

If you are using the DC default skin, you can click the clock at the top, otherwise go to Help => Time Reference

That page tells you "The sun is rising." or "The sun is setting." when these eggs can hatch (and into which type), and it says nothing to that regard when they cannot hatch at all.

7 minutes ago, tiny_gremlin said:

Okay, I understand the mysterious purple Siyat and how to make them, but I am confused on green.

Incubate. Hatch before it gets 3 days old.

10 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Incubate. Hatch before it gets 3 days old.

Oh, cool.  :) Thanks!

Edited by tiny_gremlin

Is there a website that can automatically check your breeds of dragons? Like a auto-checklist or it should be done manually? There are so many dragons now and I want a pair of each.

Sort your scroll by breed (temporary sort using the drop-down.)

Copy the list from the wiki of which egg is which, and match to that. There is nothing that will do it automatically.

2 hours ago, xetehkah said:

Is there a website that can automatically check your breeds of dragons? Like a auto-checklist or it should be done manually? There are so many dragons now and I want a pair of each.

Websites cannot check at all, since the API does not return the breed :(

In the trading hub, there is no magma dragon option when searching for a breed..I've wanted a magma for a long time and I can't complete my legendary trio due to this :( Is there any fix

You can't have unlocked it in your encyclopaedia. it shows fine for everyone who has done so. You can only search for things that you've unlocked. Time to do some viewing in the fan sites :)

36 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can't have unlocked it in your encyclopaedia. it shows fine for everyone who has done so. You can only search for things that you've unlocked. Time to do some viewing in the fan sites :)

That would explain it -_-

So I just caught a Pink on the AP, though after checking its lineage, I noticed something interesting, it comes from an Aria x Lunar Herald. Now I didn't know Arias could still breed Pinks, but my question is, how rare is it for Arias to breed Pinks? Because my Pink's father seems to have a lot of Pink children, so I'd say its not that rare, I could be wrong tho. But is there like a market for these Pinks? Because imo its an interesting lineage (its second gen) so if someone might be willing to trade for it I would gladly trade, I don't care for the lineage really, I just want it for the BSA.

Disclaimer: I'm not posting to offer the egg, I'm posting to ask if you know about being a market for this Pinks so I can trade it with someone who will appreciate the lineage.

Edited by Kaiserf11

Uncommon but not exactly RARE. I'd trade you a different pink for it, for one (but I'm locked !) So yes, there could well be a market.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

56 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Uncommon but not exactly RARE. I'd trade you a different pink for it, for one (but I'm locked !) So yes, there could well be a market.

Well if you want it, I see no problem on trading it, just PM me whenever you get the chance to breed one :)

On 8/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, Terces said:

Killing an egg has a very small chance to instantly hatch it, although it's so rare that most people don't bother.

It does? :blink: I never knew that was a thing. I try my hardest not to kill my eggs, and it only happens when my vampires get clumsy. I thought that only happened with the Earthquake BSA, which I've also never used, because I don't want to risk all the eggs on my scroll.

52 minutes ago, Syiren said:

It does? :blink: I never knew that was a thing. I try my hardest not to kill my eggs, and it only happens when my vampires get clumsy. I thought that only happened with the Earthquake BSA, which I've also never used, because I don't want to risk all the eggs on my scroll.

It is called forcing and is based on this part of the egg description: Unborn dragons are actually physically mature and ready to hatch early on in their development cycle. However, they choose to remain in the safety of their own egg rather than leave it. If a developed dragon is forced out of the security of its egg, it may try to run away or hide.

In reality, it is even riskier than Earthquake, I think, and has its best chance of working if an egg is nearly at the point of hatching anyway. Also, note from that quote that even if forcing manages to hatch the egg it may run away off your scroll -- similar to the Vampire bites that succeed but send the egg to the AP.

Edited by purplehaze

Anyone have any idea why Valley Sherwood has an unusually large number of ERs today? Currently over 1,300 ERs, I've *never* seen that many in there unless it was during a new release. I've clicked a good number of them and they all are legit ERs so it's not that the site is glitching... I'm just curious if there was some forum breeding/grabbing event that might account for the unusual number?

That is odd - Valley Sherwood usually has more ERs than other fansites in my experience, but that is a pretty big number to see outside the Holidays. There is a breeding event going on (the Blocker Breeding Bonanza in the trading forum) but I don't know if that is playing a part in it?

I doubt the BBB is having that much of an effect on the number of ERs. And oddly, the AP times have crept up, which should mean fewer ERs, not more. Although it could take longer to incuhatch a 4d 19h egg than a 4d 4h one, so maybe they are just staying in the ER longer. Still, that is a lot. AoND only has 113 eggs and 6 hatchies and Silvi's has 127 eggs and 25 hatchies.

Edited by purplehaze

5 hours ago, Syiren said:

I have a frozen hatchie that was forced out of it's shell that I caught from the AP. If you freeze them they keep the description of being forced.

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

I have a frozen hatchie that was forced out of it's shell that I caught from the AP. If you freeze them they keep the description of being forced.

Oh wow, that's kind of....awesome. 

Idk if this is related, but I'll ask anyways.

What seems better? To abandon an unwanted egg or declare in Trading Hub (through DC Community Board or other threads) that you're giving away an egg (I don't mind using a Magi)?

15 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

What seems better?

Depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Free up a slot: abandon is definitely faster.

Trying to find a good home for your little one without it waiting in AP limbo for a few days: Forum

Possibly getting something better for your egg (even if it's just an inspiration): trading (with or without the hub), look at the dummy before dropping it

Gaining fame for giving away nice things, or increasing post count: forum ;)

Is it common for a metallic x uncommon pair to show no interest three times in a row (with fertility used every time)?

First time trying to do a checker with a metal and I don't know if this is normal and I'm just being too impatient, or if I should just try breeding the metal another mate instead.

Very common. But by all means try another mate - it can't hurt to try. One thing TJ once said, though - he implied that breeding a dragon as soon as it is off cooldown lowers the chance of an egg - he suggested it's best to let them have a rest between efforts.

@BlueLatios I like to give them away by PM to people I see wishing they had - whatever.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Very common. But by all means try another mate - it can't hurt to try. One thing TJ once said, though - he implied that breeding a dragon as soon as it is off cooldown lowers the chance of an egg - he suggested it's best to let them have a rest between efforts.

Thank you. I'll try breeding another mate, then. By the time I'm successful in that and it grows up, the metallic should be way off cooldown as well.