Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

48 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, that's what I thought, too, but apparently the pygmies don't count -- see quote below (bolded for emphasis).

The encyclopedia lists those as:

• Type: Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)

which sounds like they should work. I think we really need some clarification on this.

Interesting, I hadn't seen anyone say they'd had one grow up yet so as far as knew they counted.  really going to suck if only one single uncommon/rareish breed counts (even if there are 6 versions)

4 hours ago, priscel said:

& @purplehaze I thought the same, had to grow adult wyrms, tried with a pygmy wyrm and she grew up with no change to the count for me as well. Anyone know what's going on? Sorry if I missed it and this has already been semi-explained. (^_^')

Could you perchance hard-refresh on that page and check again? Maybe (hopefully) it's just a cache issue? :blink:

How many boots up the backside do low gen tinsels need to hatch? I have this ER tinsel egg, and she's not hatching and she's in like, 5 hatcheries. She's not sick and she's protected from sickness, so I'm not worried about that. I just want her to hurry up and hatch!

Edit: I also have an ER CB Mint and one of those red pygmy wyrm eggs that aren't hatching. They're also sickness protected (thank you Ward), so I can put them in a lot of hatcheries.

Edited by Suzumiya

Geez. This little girl has been ER in 5 hatcheries for 2 hours now. Same with the Mint. Thank goodness for Ward, or they'd probably be dead.

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Could you perchance hard-refresh on that page and check again? Maybe (hopefully) it's just a cache issue? :blink:

Yep, I tried that too. I cleared cache, history and signed out/in again no change. Since the last raffle drawing, I've had several breeds grow up on & after the 31st, nothing. I was sure since it specifically said wyrm, the pygmies (I had a seawyrm that grew up & red-tail growing) would count. But I have a mageia hatchling growing now, so *sighs*  we shall see. 

Glimpsed someone said they had a bsa? red grow up and that they have one entry so far?! I think I'll try for a red from the AP and see.

I had a 2G Astrapi Xeno and an Ash grow up recently, and it seems they both counted...I have 2/3 for the requirements. My only other Xeno (that's a hatchie) is a Mageia and he still has around 15hrs before growing up. I don't know if the Ash counted or if it's a mistake. Or if I had a Xeno that was near maturity and I just forgot about it. 

These are the ones that grew up on Sept 1: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bpJoI and https://dragcave.net/lineage/QxTON. This one grew up today, and did not count toward the requirements: https://dragcave.net/lineage/L2E14

Edited by Suzumiya

4 minutes ago, priscel said:

Yep, I tried that too. I cleared cache, history and signed out/in again no change. Since the last raffle drawing, I've had several breeds grow up on & after the 31st, nothing. I was sure since it specifically said wyrm, the pygmies (I had a seawyrm that grew up & red-tail growing) would count. But I have a mageia hatchling growing now, so *sighs*  we shall see. 

Glimpsed someone said they had a bsa? red grow up and that they have one entry so far?! I think I'll try for a red from the AP and see.

I have 3 reds growing and one pygmy wyrm so.... I'll let you know what comes of those...

An ash isn't a wyrm... I've had several grow up and none of them have counted. I now have 2 pygmy wyrms and a thalassa growing up...

Have people tried the seawyrm pygmies as well to count? Or no?

Edit: never mind. I see they are lindwyrms.

Edited by Jazeki

I may be a bit thick but

Just HOW much worse has the search here become ? Can we really not search for a specific phrase posted by a particular member ?

entry qualifications for this month's raffle require  3 WYRMS

is it only red-tailed wyrms??

the Script is a lindwyrm but does not appear to count  ... so does that mean xenowyrms will not count either ??

3 minutes ago, orphaned said:

entry qualifications for this month's raffle require  3 WYRMS

is it only red-tailed wyrms??

the Script is a lindwyrm but does not appear to count  ... so does that mean xenowyrms will not count either ??

Xenos do count. So far the red-tailed ones do not count.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Can we really not search for a specific phrase posted by a particular member ?

The "search by author" option lets you do that.

23 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Xenos do count. So far the red-tailed ones do not count.

it is the red-railed that made my count 1 ..  

Is it possible that my dragons are glitched? I've been trying to bred a pair for nearly a year, every single week, and I've got ZERO eggs out of them. 

• Grew up on:Dec 01, 2017

Granted, its a holiday pair, but every single other pair with a holiday has produced by now. Is it possible they are marked as a refusal in the system or something? https://dragcave.net/lineage/hARFJ https://dragcave.net/lineage/aClho

I'm sure I can just try them come Halloween, but it's been since Dec 2017, when the younger dragon grew up that I've been trying. :(

18 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Is it possible that my dragons are glitched? I've been trying to bred a pair for nearly a year, every single week, and I've got ZERO eggs out of them. 

• Grew up on:Dec 01, 2017

Granted, its a holiday pair, but every single other pair with a holiday has produced by now. Is it possible they are marked as a refusal in the system or something? https://dragcave.net/lineage/hARFJ https://dragcave.net/lineage/aClho

I'm sure I can just try them come Halloween, but it's been since Dec 2017, when the younger dragon grew up that I've been trying. :(

I'm just curious. Did you use fertility to prevent refusal the first time they bred? I sometimes think (and this is purely my own theory, based on no actual facts!) that if they would have refused without fertility on that first breeding, they will always be reluctant breeders. I have a pair of Khusas -- yes, Khusas -- that have never given me an egg. Granted I have only been trying for about a month, which is nowhere near as long as you; still I wonder.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm just curious. Did you use fertility to prevent refusal the first time they bred? I sometimes think (and this is purely my own theory, based on no actual facts!) that if they would have refused without fertility on that first breeding, they will always be reluctant breeders. I have a pair of Khusas -- yes, Khusas -- that have never given me an egg. Granted I have only been trying for about a month, which is nowhere near as long as you; still I wonder.

I can't remember, it's been so long. I very rarely use fertility, because I'd heard some say they get refusals with it so I don't think I did, but I may have... I don't see why though, because if they refused I could simply breed another tinsel for the witchlight as I own the cb tin. So, I'm 80% sure I did not use fertility lol

Maybe I'll just have to breed another. As sad as this is, the witchlight had refused one I already bred. So this would be my third mate attempt :\ 

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

1 hour ago, orphaned said:

12 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Well, that's what I thought, too, but apparently the pygmies don't count -- see quote below (bolded for emphasis).

The encyclopedia lists those as:

• Type: Pygmy Dragon (Wyrm)

which sounds like they should work. I think we really need some clarification on this.

That is confusing, I'll have to raise some wyrms to see. If it has wyrm in the type, I should think it should count.

1 hour ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Maybe I'll just have to breed another. As sad as this is, the witchlight had refused one I already bred. So this would be my third mate attempt 😕

Some dragons are just very picky about their mates. Maybe your witchlight is one of those.

I am fairly sure I am just getting paranoid...

Can someone please confirm seeing/picking up Plated Colossus eggs in the biomes in the last week or so?

Whenever I am hunting I never see one and am starting to get somewhat worried 😅

6 hours ago, orphaned said:

*looks hopeful* red tailed pygmy? *looks at one growing on her scroll with 1.9 days left*

28 minutes ago, Ravera said:

I am fairly sure I am just getting paranoid...

Can someone please confirm seeing/picking up Plated Colossus eggs in the biomes in the last week or so?

Whenever I am hunting I never see one and am starting to get somewhat worried 😅

Yep I've seen & avoided clicking on some. I find whenever I'm looking for a breed I want to catch in the biomes, they turn out being harder to catch then when I'm not looking for them ^__^

6 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

That is confusing, I'll have to raise some wyrms to see. If it has wyrm in the type, I should think it should count.

This is definitely not true about lindwyrms.... So far I think the red-tailed wyrm thing is still up in the air as I've heard it either way (so one of them must be wrong ^^). I'm raising my own pymy wyrm to see but unfortunately can't "hatchie-incubate" it :D

11 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

The "search by author" option lets you do that.

Well, I'll try again later - but when I ran with that it told me that there was no member by the name of "(phrase I was looking for)*