Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Have you ever had a person offer you a trade and not be sure that it is fair? Have you ever offered a player what you thought was a fair trade but have the player accuse you of trying to cheat them? Do you wonder what the value of your egg/hatchling is? If so you have come to the right place this is a post that is dedicated to answer those very questions and many more. Now this forum is hear to merely give you advice, not to tell you what to do. Now you can do what ever you want because every one has their own definition of rare. If you came to post a question please go ahead and if you don't mind tell us how it ends. Now if you want to answer questions please be as impartial as possible, what that means is that while there is some stuff that is your own personal opinion and that is fine, but please don't tell players to trade a very rare egg/hatchling for an uncommon. Even if that is what you would do. Thank you very much cool.gif

edited to add a thread warning - ruby:

Thread Warning:

There has been a lot of arguing in this thread lately. This thread is for members to ask and receive opinions - no one's opinion is more valid than others. There is no need to quote and argue with others opinions. Members only need to give their opinion to an asked question. Some will agree with each other some will not. It is up to the member who asked the trade value to decide what they believe or will ask for.

tldr - Don't argue about advice given by someone else just state your advice in a different post and let the asking member decide which they will take

edit: This warning will be edited into the first post

Edited by rubyshoes

This is a great idea!Well this is my question:

What is a CB vine worth?

And a CB sunsong?

And my white 4gen to fadb and wect thuwed?

I don't think it's good idea still. Different members value very different things, there's no exact "currency rate". Rarity of eggs change, and people have different goals, as there is no single official way of the game. CB Black for one, may be worth of two 2nd gen silvers, but it might be worth a common egg with a certain lineage for the other.

Also, the one can always get the idea of current eggs rarity from looking at recent trading posts and checking what people want. Also, we have Rare Trading Center, dedicated to Rare Trades.

So, excuse me, and thanks for the idea, but I really think it will bring only more confusion.

This is the answer for arabian sparkle's question

A cave born Vine I would say that it is an uncommon, but if you wait till it hatches and it is alt series then it would be a rare. I would class a cave born sun song as common or possibly uncommon if it has not been seen in the caves recently. As for a 4th generation white with some good linages I would say that it is considered rare( how ever I only say that because the rare trading topic says that any dragon with a good linage and is under 7th gen. is considered rare) Thank you for being the first one to post and I hope that this helps Edit: thank to another player's helpful post I have learned the cave born vines can not be alts so a cave born vine is in my opinion uncommon

Edited by Jaceevoke

Thank you for posting Outer Space, although I would have preferred it if you had said something positive instead. If you didn't notice this topic is not for deciding the exact currency rate for a dragon instead it is here just to give advice for people who have questions, also this is for all dragons not just the rare dragons and if you would notice in the rare trading center is there so you can put up offers for trades, not get advice about them.

This is the answer for arabian sparkle's question

A cave born Vine I would say that it is an uncommon, but if you wait till it hatches and it is alt series then it would be a rare. I would class a cave born sun song as common or possibly uncommon if it has not been seen in the caves recently. As for a 4th generation white with some good linages I would say that it is considered rare( how ever I only say that because the rare trading topic says that any dragon with a good linage and is under 7th gen. is considered rare) Thank you for being the first one to post and I hope that this helps

CB Vines can't be alts. Only bred vines can turn alt.

I want to know the worth of a cheese egg.

Probably about the same value as any other uncommon, like a Dino, chicken, or a couple of CB commons.

@Jaceevoke: Try not to double post, the edit button is your friend. ;3

This the answer to love_HP question.

Now that is a tough question actually because there has been no official word as to wether or not it is considered rare or uncommon. How ever in my opinion I would consider it rare, although some people might disagree with me. I say this because there is no way to get a cheese except by cave drops because you can not breed it, and the fact that I have not seen a cheese in the cave for a long time. I hope this helps thanks for posting. Edit: 2 things 1. Thank you for the tip Mustangs44, 2. Thank you Mustangs44 for posting an answer I hope more people will follow your lead

Edited by Jaceevoke

List of evaluators:These people will answer your questions about the worth of an egg.

If you would like to be an evaluator,please post:I ____ would like to be an evaluator.

LIST:

Jaceevoke

arabian sparke

We need more evaluators!

Rinikka, the link you posted is a view link and is considered egg-spam. When posting links to your dragons, you must post the lineage link

Example: dragcave.net/lineage/*code*

That aside, I'm happy to see this thread. It's nice to see different opinions on the trade values of eggs and such. smile.gif

Personally, questions like "what is [insert dragon] worth" have so many answers ._. It'd be nice if the questions could be restricted to something like "is it likely I can trade [this dragon] for [that dragon]?" or "if I want something like [blah], should I offer my [whatever] for it?". It would make it a lot easier to give opinions.

Imagine a question like "what's a mid-gen silver worth?" I can name literally dozens of things I have traded one for.

That is a good idea kadoatie, and I do agree that with a question like that there can be several different answers. How ever you should not tell people not ask questions because some people might just want to know the value of their egg not what they can trade it for and that is fine. Also because you asked the question "what's a mid-gen silver worth?" I will answer it. In my opinion it all depends on the linage. If it is from one of the valuable linage such as a dorkface or a thuwed then I would class it as a rare, maybe even high rare if it is not inbred. If it is just from a common linage I would say that its a some where between a low rare and a rare. Thanks for the question

I do like the idea, but I can also see what Outer Space means.

Newer players who missed the trio release may think that a gold or silver is worth a trio, but if you ask me I would NEVER trade a silver or gold for a trio, unless it was a terrible lineage for a great one. Just like even older players than me that experienced the rare glitch probably don't value silvers and golds as highly as I do.

I'll leave with a question. What about this silver? http://dragcave.net/lineage/rr4B

^^^In reply to spyro76

With a lineage like that,probably a gold or [for x-mas]a very low gen yulebuck.

These replys are just opinion and you don't have to trade what they say,and everybody values differently,this is just from looking at the website ratios and wiki.

^^^^^master125's question

If it turns out to be an alt when it hatches,it will be classed as RARE.Other wise it is really,a common.

Alt:Trio egg,Geode or dino.

Normal:Egg sometimes seen in the cave like a bred red,rigewing or sunrise/sunset.

Edited by arabian sparkle

I don't necessarily think that this is a bad idea, but I think that maybe people who are going to answer things officially need to list some kind of experience so that players can decide how much stock they want to put into an answer.

For instance, as someone pointed out, CB vines can't be alts. Also, TJ said that papers are uncommon and not rares, so I don't think that something being unbreedable makes it a rare automatically.

If there are going to be official evaluators, then I would suggest a list in the main post that lists something like amount of time playing, or an approximation of trades made, or something that allows people to assess the information that they're getting.

@Spyro: Because that is a silver and I am working on a shiny army, I would trade multiple CB ER commons for that or a comparably lineaged silver. ;3

@master125: Depends. The lineage is nice: pure gold x black, alternating gender. Some people would value that because of its lineage, but it will be classified as 'rare' if it alts. Otherwise it is a normal black that you can probably get a CB common or two for. :3 (Very pretty lineage, btw.)

Eh. I think what's rare depends on what you personally consider rare.... At my point in the game, I don't consider alts, trios, or silvers particularly rare because I have so many. However, silvers I value highly because my scroll goal of amassing a shiny army demands that I obtain ever more silvers; and alts I value highly because the sprites are gorgeous. Trios I tend to value lower than other rares because of the fact that I have so many and I don't need any more; my scroll goals don't call for them anymore.

I also tend to value certain CB commons fairly highly, such as CB pinks, stripes, and blacks, partly because my scroll goals call for them and partly because they're hard to find. Also because I need them. >_>

In other words, what I consider rare depends on how badly I need something.

Just my two cents. ;3