Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, olympe said:

For ER-able sunrise/sunset eggs, it's not even a problem. Because the non-hatching windows are only 6 hours long. ;) 

But Ward doesn't stop it getting views, and almost all hatcheries will get way excited and try and hatch it...

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But Ward doesn't stop it getting views, and almost all hatcheries will get way excited and try and hatch it...

There are several that don't. AoND and Evina's, both major hatcheries, are good for this. I wouldn't worry about this egg having any problems, low-time eggs are really not that vulnerable to sickness (except for the usual suspects).

Edited by Aalbiel

Yeah, I really think the risk is minimal if you don't put it in any of the sites that automatically ER an egg and bombard it with views to try to make it hatch when it can't.

What are word codes? Do they have to be legitimate words? This is because I see stuff in the trading page that don't seem like legit words but are pronounceable and the owner calls it a dragon with a word code.

Word codes mean different things to different people - generally they resemble legit words. Codes that aren't real words but can be pronounced are usually referred to as 'name codes' in my experience but there is no official standard. What is and isn't considered a 'word code' is left up to the users who collect them, basically.

26 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Do they have to be legitimate words?

Up to the trader, really. Sometimes they put more specific information into their profile.

Generally, Sect would be a complete code as a word, 69EAL is a partial word. Some people specify the length of the word they want (nowadays with 5-digit codes, they often want 5-letter words - the hardest to find - while others also accept 4-letter words like vDirt). Some traders are okay with numbers being substituted for letters (like s0ck), others aren't. Their forum profile or the traders themselves via PM might tell you more.

Samples of words or wordlike codes: https://dragcave.net/group/18712 (I don't actively trade for words)

There is another type of code that a small amount of players is asking for, which are name-codes. They have no meaning like words would, but should usually be pronouncable and properly capitalized (though some traders don't care about capitalization as long as they can pronounce the code, like fOast). Note that pronouncability also depends on the trader's own language - some might accept more or less than others.

Samples of "names" *I* would trade for if caveborn: https://dragcave.net/group/10463

Mobile question: I'm still getting used to having a working browser on my new phone, but something has been bugging me. On the mobile DC site, is there an easier way to get to the Abandoned page besides constantly going back to the main cave page and then clicking the 'take one of those' text? I'm assuming not since that's how it's done on desktop, but on desktop I can open clicked-AP-eggs in a new tab and keep the AP open. I can't figure out if that's possible on mobile, and it's very frustrating to click an AP egg, look at it's lineage, abandon it, and then have to click back to the main cave in order to navigate back to the AP. (According to my phone I have Android version 6.0, if that matters.)

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Mobile question: I'm still getting used to having a working browser on my new phone, but something has been bugging me. On the mobile DC site, is there an easier way to get to the Abandoned page besides constantly going back to the main cave page and then clicking the 'take one of those' text? I'm assuming not since that's how it's done on desktop, but on desktop I can open clicked-AP-eggs in a new tab and keep the AP open. I can't figure out if that's possible on mobile, and it's very frustrating to click an AP egg, look at it's lineage, abandon it, and then have to click back to the main cave in order to navigate back to the AP. (According to my phone I have Android version 6.0, if that matters.)

Not really, that I know of?

On my android though you can open a link in a new tab by pressing and holding, then selecting 'open link in new tab'. That might help?

Hmm, I tried that and it does open a new tab, but it says 'you can only view this page from within the site' and says to check the help page, which says that referrers are enabled so I shouldn't be experiencing referrer-related errors. 

The trade is gone already but, should I report this message next time, or let it be?

"XXX" wants: To trade with myself

(Replaced original name with)

Like, it literally said 'to trade with myself'? Yeah, I'd say that'd definitely be reportable. It makes no sense and has nothing to do with helping others understand what to offer, which is the only thing the Want box is for.

6 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Do frozen hatchlings count towards the trophy count?

Yup :)

Does Stun always make your hatchies take an extra day to grow up? I've only used it twice personally, but I have gotten a few hatchies in trades that were probably stunned if that's the case, because I had a gendered CB Mint (yes, a common Mint) that didn't grow up until he was at around 2 days. Is it possible he was stunned and that's why he took so long to mature or was it more likely the person who traded him to me just waited until the last minute to hatch his egg? He may have been a failed ND experiment since he was a common Mint...

Yes.

Stun adds an extra day to the timer of a hatchling, while also preventing it from receiving views for two days. While unable to receive views, a hatchling cannot reach adulthood.

Actually, stun should wear off after a teleport or abandon. It'll keep the extra day of life but will be able to gain views again, so unless the mint was bugged it just didn't have enough views.  (I've personally seen a stunned hatchie grow up on time before the scheduled 2-day view block.) @Suzumiya did you add it to hatcheries or notice its view count going up while ER?

7 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Actually, stun should wear off after a teleport or abandon. It'll keep the extra day of life but will be able to gain views again, so unless the mint was bugged it just didn't have enough views.  (I've personally seen a stunned hatchie grow up on time before the scheduled 2-day view block.) @Suzumiya did you add it to hatcheries or notice its view count going up while ER?

Yeah, I added the little guy to 3 ERs and his views went up, but it still took him nearly a DAY to grow up. I was almost scared that the little guy might die! He was just a Mint, but...I love Mints. They're adorable. And I gave this little Mint a good home and didn't want him to die. It just took soooo long for him to mature.

34 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

According to the wiki Stun wears off when abandoned, but *not* when traded. The on-site Help section about Stun doesn't state either way though, so I guess that could be wrong, but I'm almost positive Stun remains intact through trading.

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

According to the wiki Stun wears off when abandoned, but *not* when traded. The on-site Help section about Stun doesn't state either way though, so I guess that could be wrong, but I'm almost positive Stun remains intact through trading.

Hm, I saw it wear off on transfer but I'm not sure about trading either. It could be that it was changed sometime between the wiki's info being added and now, though.

I have certainly received a stunned hatchie in trade that stayed stunned. And there have been several posts here asking why xyz wasn't; gaining views - and usually it turned out the thing was stunned.

Just tested with a friend. Test hatchie was steadily gaining views both on their and my scroll after being traded, so it looks like it's been changed. I recall getting a stunned hatchie before too but this was before I saw a transferred hatchie grow so I wasn't sure myself.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how do I get the attention of someone I finally found a wishlist egg for after weeks of hunting, when their mail is full? 

I really don't want to go and just abandon it, on the off chance someone else picks it up and makes them "pay" for it with rare eggs.

9 minutes ago, Montre said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but how do I get the attention of someone I finally found a wishlist egg for after weeks of hunting, when their mail is full? 

I really don't want to go and just abandon it, on the off chance someone else picks it up and makes them "pay" for it with rare eggs.

You could try the Random Scroll Help Thread. Perhaps they will see it, or someone else who knows how to contact them will see it and pass along the message.