Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I just decided to start some new breeding projects with Xenos that I never thought of before. But heck. I found Chrono x Mageia looks fantastic, so I will definitely follow up on this. So this Raffle requirement just inspires me to do something new.

2 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

Thanks for the quick replies! I still find it unfair, since it does impact my playing style. I collect 8 pairs of CBs of each dragon as they come out, exceptions being Holidays that limit you to two, plus I breed another pair from my CBs. And thanks to Purple Siyat's breeding habits (you need to practically neglect it to get one), I'm behind. So now in order to participate in this month's raffle, I have to put all that on hold to raise something I don't want at this time just to participate (Killing and/or releasing those dragons just makes it a colossal waste of my time). At the risk of repeating myself, from where I'm standing that's not a level playing field, for myself as well as others, who only collect a pair of adults and both stages of hatchies. It favors those who like to collect whatever dragon they can get their hands on at the moment, and especially those that build lineages, because they can do what they normally do.

Watch the AP too. Lots of great people are breeding Xenos and kicking them to the AP.  Hunt the AP for Red-tailed or Xeno eggs. Incubate them (The AP ones so far are all incu-hatchable, so.. bonus!). Grow them. Hide them on the last page of your scroll. And on October 31st, zombie them. 😃 The bonus of turning a red tailed into a zombie is a new zombie sprite for them.

You've got all month, so maybe just do 1 egg a week. Only ties up one egg slot for 2 days each week. Less annoying that way. 

ETA- Just pulled 2 from the AP. Ones messy, ones not. If they're zombie fodder it won't matter anyway. I'll hatch them out for you, toss a link at you, and you can grab whenever. :) No rush.

Edited by jocosa

It affects my playing style too - but one can release the unwanted afterwards. Or Zombify them.

These are all really good things to do & if I wasn't behind on my scroll goals, I'd probably breed some Xenos for a raffle ticket, but I'm egg locked and getting Purple Siyats are a higher priority along with getting all of the new releases that I still need. Before with raise 3 dragons, it was easy to do.With this new randomness, it's not. It feels like an unnecessary diversion that not only affects myself, but others too.

TBH, if you can't be bothered to spare 3 slots for like 3-4 days at most (AP eggs) the raffle can't be all that important to you. Remember, you have a whole month AND the new releases won't go anywhere (as in "they're not rare and are already dropping quite a lot without much competition")

With your platinum trophy you do have far more slots at your disposal than e.g. a newbie, so what is the big trouble in using all of them? (90% for your personal goals and the rest for raffle requirements)

1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

TBH, if you can't be bothered to spare 3 slots for like 3-4 days at most (AP eggs) the raffle can't be all that important to you. Remember, you have a whole month AND the new releases won't go anywhere (as in "they're not rare and are already dropping quite a lot without much competition")

With your platinum trophy you do have far more slots at your disposal than e.g. a newbie, so what is the big trouble in using all of them? (90% for your personal goals and the rest for raffle requirements)

I really don't think that's fair to say. A lot of people have very different scroll-goals, and Xenos are not exactly easy to get, especially if the person only collects CBs. With the red-tailed pygmies apparently counting now that makes it a little easier, but I definitely think it's completely valid to be frustrated at this suddenly-very-restrictive raffle requirement. It's really rather rude to assume that because someone doesn't want to totally change their playstyle and use up 3 slots for a good handful of days on something they don't actually want on their scroll, that the raffle isn't important to them.

Thank you, HeatherMarie. I did PM them to explain my scroll goals to them, and I really appreciate your comment, because if I were to stop and collect something  I don't want, that only leaves me with 4 egg slots (I'm currently trying for another Purple Siyat) to get what I do want. That is frustrating to have to suddenly change my game playing for a "reward" I'm not even guaranteed to get.

7 hours ago, kiramaru7 said:

Does anyone knwo why they changed the raffle requirements? It used to be raise any dragon to adulthood & now it's raise a Wyrm to adulthood. It doesn't seem fair that I have to put my scroll goals on hold to raise a couple of dragons I don't want or need in favor of those I actually do want and need. Sitting this month out really isn't fair to myself or others in this position, and I'm wondering why it went from a level playing field, where EVERYONE had an equal shot at it, to now excluding those who have different styles of playing.

I plan on breeding them and then when they are adults (and I've entered), I'll just release them. Pain in the butt, but...I hope I can win a prize someday :(

Might be stupid question, but never had this happen before. I have this tinsel. She's sick, but warded against death. She will grow up in 3 hours, about 2 hours before Ward wears off. Will she have the sick message as an adult? I never had a sick hatchie grow up sick before, so I don't know!

Do I understand it correctly - you have a warded hatchie? How did you ward this?

Or do you talk about an egg? If it is an egg, then it might be safest to hide it before the ward wears off (although TInsels usually are very sturdy) and then unhide it when it doesn't show as being sick anymore.

Normally speaking hatchies can only be warded if they hatched less than 6 hours ago and you warded them when they were still an egg.

But in that case I can't see how they can be 3 hours before growing up.

32 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Will she have the sick message as an adult?

No.

Did you mean Ward or Stun?

Ward. She's warded against dying, but she's sick. 

1 minute ago, Soulsborne said:

Are you sure? Even the "Help" page on DC says this action can only be performed on eggs.

Oh. Right. I just checked. I might have stunned her on accident. I forget what I'm doing sometimes. I need to check my action logs. ><

8 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Happens :) .

Yeah...I need to read my Action Log more often. It also keeps saying I used a Magi to make a trade I didn't make...unless it used that Magi on the Public Trades without letting me know WHICH Magi was being used, like normal. Huh. 

Dang I wish we could trade Market hatchies/eggs. I bought a Xeno, then someone traded me a Xeno of the same breed from the Caves. Oh well, at least I like them.

I think it's okay that we can't trade them BUT it might be "fair" to be able to cash them back into the same amount of shards you paid for it. (Only usable by the original buyer - not by sb who picked one from the AP - YES, I happened to pick up a marketborn blue Siyat from there a few weeks ago 🤨)

Yeah. I love this Xeno (the Market and cave ones are Gaias) so I'll happily raise both, but I kinda wanted the egg slot back. Someone kindly gifted me a CB Balloon baby, but I can't take it until SOMETHING hatches! I'm egg locked with fresh eggs (stupid CB Aeons compel me to click them with that 'time' message).

The Aeons find me. Alpine? Oh, there's an Aeon. *click*

Desert? Oh, hey, Aeon! *click*

Darn, I'm egg locked now. 

I have way too many Aeons. I pre-cog everything that hatches, though, so that's good. Has pre-cog ever been wrong? Or is it always right?

Just now, Suzumiya said:

The Aeons find me. Alpine? Oh, there's an Aeon. *click*

Desert? Oh, hey, Aeon! *click*

Darn, I'm egg locked now. 

I have way too many Aeons. I pre-cog everything that hatches, though, so that's good. Has pre-cog ever been wrong? Or is it always right?

Precog is always right. But I prefer to influence, myself. It feels more like DOING something !