Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

So, I've been off the site for about a year, and one of the new things that I'm confused about, is that we can now apparently get CBs of old holidays during their season? When did this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, shadowfighter said:

So, I've been off the site for about a year, and one of the new things that I'm confused about, is that we can now apparently get CBs of old holidays during their season? When did this happen?

With Halloween last year, and continued for Christmas and Valentine's.  Whether i t will continue this year, only the shadow knows. Or TJ09...probably TJ09

Share this post


Link to post

For Christmas and Valentines it is still only possible to have 2 CBs of each breed, though. For Halloween you can pick up as many more as you like and have room for.

Share this post


Link to post

So, I recently started giving names to my dragons- and I've noticed that some children have vanished from the pages of dragons that they laid (for lack of a better word).  An example of this my two copper dragons, whom had at least two children about an hour ago. Now there's only one listed.

 

Should I be concerned?

 

On an extra, likely irrelevant note: I was looking with the hope that the people who had them would name the descendents with equally silly titles. I also had one or two inspirations for more names while doing so.

 

Edit two: And now they're suddenly back. Wierd.

Edited by Montre

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Montre said:

So, I recently started giving names to my dragons- and I've noticed that some children have vanished from the pages of dragons that they laid (for lack of a better word).  An example of this my two copper dragons, whom had at least two children about an hour ago. Now there's only one listed.

 

Should I be concerned?

 

On an extra, likely irrelevant note: I was looking with the hope that the people who had them would name the descendents with equally silly titles. I also had one or two inspirations for more names while doing so.

 

Edit two: And now they're suddenly back. Wierd.

If the child is an egg it will poof when it's fogged.

Share this post


Link to post

Really?

 

The only odd thing then is that adults also seemed to temporarily go poof.

Share this post


Link to post

I was in Silvi's yesterday and clicked a low-time egg. It turned into a Neglected Egg. I was hoping that this would increase my "Eggs Observed" from 4 to 5, since it is really hard to find these particular eggs. However, it did not register in the encyclopedia. I tried clicking to the parents and clicking back to the egg through the lineage page, but it still didn't register. I re-clicked it through the hatchery after it turned, as well. It changed scrolls in this short time, so that could also be a factor.

 

So the main question is, did the encyclopedia Observation not register because I viewed the Neglected's breed before it turned? Should I avoid that? Is there something else which could keep an Observation from registering? I like to give the low-times extra attention, but if that's what kept the final Neglected I needed from registering, I might just have to wait on the <1 days...

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect that clicking on it before it changed was the problem. It counted as that breed, but then didn't count as an ND because you had already viewed that same egg before. I am not 100% sure of that, but it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Montre said:

Really?

 

The only odd thing then is that adults also seemed to temporarily go poof.

I wonder if this happens if the owner hides their scroll? If they hid it whenever they weren't on DC and unhid whenever they were, that would explain the temporary poofing.

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect that clicking on it before it changed was the problem. It counted as that breed, but then didn't count as an ND because you had already viewed that same egg before. I am not 100% sure of that, but it makes sense.

Really a shame, if so. Guess I'll continue the hunt, but hold off on clicking until finding that elusive 5th (well, 6th). They'll still get UVs, though, so I guess that's something.

Share this post


Link to post

-------

 

 

edit- nevermind I totally blanked. Figured it out myself as soon as I posted after trying to figure it out for like 10 mins

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/9/2018 at 4:37 AM, Niomedes said:

Does /lineage/(code) no longer work in the biomes?

 

On 8/9/2018 at 4:42 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Stopped working a few days ago. TJ nixed it so that you can no longer snoop on an egg's actual nature before grabbing it.

 

Came here wondering the same thing. This is very annoying... Maybe I'd like to see if the egg I want is an actual Pink and not a Flamingo, or something like that, before being stuck with it for five hours. Gee thanks, TJ... :dry: :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.fd1aa5f4f5995cf8991143cbce095218.png

 

...Ah? I'm, uh, pretty sure that's not supposed to happen, haha. Looks like I found a bug. [Also was this the right thread to post this in?]

Edited by CrystalKleure

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, lucky you, CrystalKleure. I wouldn't have said anything.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think this is actually going to be a problem, seeing that eggs cost 100 shards minimum, and then only multiples of 100. To take advantage of this may require to play consistently another couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, CrystalKleure said:

 

...Ah? I'm, uh, pretty sure that's not supposed to happen, haha. Looks like I found a bug. [Also was this the right thread to post this in?]

There were a few other people who had this happen, but I'm sure it is not supposed to. It has never been more than a few shards over.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

There were a few other people who had this happen, but I'm sure it is not supposed to. It has never been more than a few shards over.

Aye, I went and grabbed another egg to see if the shard count would keep climbing, but it didn't. {It's driving me a little nuts 'cause it's not an even number anymore D:}

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

 

 

Came here wondering the same thing. This is very annoying... Maybe I'd like to see if the egg I want is an actual Pink and not a Flamingo, or something like that, before being stuck with it for five hours. Gee thanks, TJ... :dry: :rolleyes:

 

Don't hunt in Jungle or coast then - and you CAN be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Don't hunt in Jungle or coast then - and you CAN be sure.

 

I was merely using it as an example, Fuzz. Maybe I want to know if I'm getting a Tan Ridgewing or not too, or trying to see what the "strange markings" egg is.

 

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Share this post


Link to post

It was always a loophole that people exploited (including me). Now it's been closed. This debate is pretty much already ongoing in Suggestions.

Edited by Aalbiel

Share this post


Link to post

question: why kill instead of abandon?

Kill - you are stuck with the egg taking up a slot for at least 24 hours

Abandon - you only have to wait a few hours to free up a slot

Share this post


Link to post

Killing an egg has a very small chance to instantly hatch it, although it's so rare that most people don't bother.

Share this post


Link to post

Also, there are people who mis-breed, like breed a really nice lineage to a messy or something, and hate the idea of that 'ugly' dragon even existing, so they'd rather kill it. Not that I understand that, I've just heard people say that before.

 

edit: Anyone have any idea why the Alpine has so few eggs right now? At :41, just 1 minute after the shuffle, there are already only two eggs there. It's been like that the last four 5-minute shuffles. Usually there are enough eggs generated that you hardly *ever* see a blank spot like that.... Any clue what's going on?

Edited by HeatherMarie

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.