Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, I'll try again later - but when I ran with that it told me that there was no member by the name of "(phrase I was looking for)*

Start here: https://forums.dragcave.net/search/ (rather than the search bar in the corner which for some reason doesn't let you choose more options). Type the phrase into the bar at the top, then just above the part where it says Content Type there's "+ Search By Author". Select that and type in the author's name in the box that appears. That should get you what you're looking for :) 

Someone in the trade hub is asking for a CB Blue Stripe for something they have. It's a cute little trade, a nice little deadline prize they're offering, but...how do we tell someone that CB Blue stripes don't exist if they don't have a forum account? XD

Quick question - are purchased dergs supposed to appear in the action log? I... I can't remember buying a Siyat, and it doesn't appear anywhere in my log so... I'm not entirely sure what is trolling me right now, the cave or my memory, and I kinda don't want to just waste shards on a random cheap thing to check.

35 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Someone in the trade hub is asking for a CB Blue Stripe for something they have. It's a cute little trade, a nice little deadline prize they're offering, but...how do we tell someone that CB Blue stripes don't exist if they don't have a forum account? XD

Sad truth: we don't, it's on them to learn that. 💔

Edited by Orchi'dea

Does your Siyat say market for its location instead of listing a biome?

Just now, purplehaze said:

Does your Siyat say market for its location instead of listing a biome?

Quite obviously, yeah lol.

https://dragcave.net/view/Qmbjp adult, viewing link is okay. I know actual biome dergs don't get registered, but what about market ones...?

42 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Maybe rename the parents "colored stripes have to be bred" or something like that, so if they check the lineage they will see that? It's the only thing that comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Orchi'dea said:

Quick question - are purchased dergs supposed to appear in the action log?

When I bought my Undine there, it did not get listed in the Action Log.

Quite obviously, yeah lol.

https://dragcave.net/view/Qmbjp adult, viewing link is okay. I know actual biome dergs don't get registered, but what about market ones...?

You can abandon market dragons, so maybe it came from the AP.

Quick question - are purchased dergs supposed to appear in the action log? I... I can't remember buying a Siyat, and it doesn't appear anywhere in my log so... I'm not entirely sure what is trolling me right now, the cave or my memory, and I kinda don't want to just waste shards on a random cheap thing to check.

Have your shards gone down ?

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

You can abandon market dragons, so maybe it came from the AP.

Perhaps it's this...? I might have been hunting for low-time eggs back then and trading, and I -do- remember getting a blue Siyat in a trade, but then... considering that "it might have been a glitch since market eggs are untradeable" is kinda pushing it.

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

When I bought my Undine there, it did not get listed in the Action Log.

It... it didn't?! TJ PLS

I would be so happy with some sort of a purchase/egg pick up history, anywhere, in any form. I keep having so many "did that actually happen" moments... and I know I'm not the only one feeling that x.x

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Have your shards gone down ?

It was last month so I cannot remember that, I don't really pay attention to my shards, I usually reach the cap in the first 2 days and move on x'D

Dang thanks everyone for trying to figure this thing out with me ❤️

Is it just me or are Xenos appearing more in the biomes then usual? Maybe possibly something was tweaked because of the new raffle requirements? I dunno, I doubt that, but I normally see one or two Xenos in the biomes every 2-3 days. I've seen *five* today so far (though only caught one). Is it just me, am I just super-lucky to be refreshing at the right times, or is there actually a noticeable difference?

5 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

It was last month so I cannot remember that, I don't really pay attention to my shards, I usually reach the cap in the first 2 days and move on x'D

Dang thanks everyone for trying to figure this thing out with me ❤️

If you have been getting the max every week, it should be 1600 as of last week.  I have mine for the week, so am at 1700.   Hopefully a little math will help.

I must have lost 100 shards then somewhere ... I only bought 1 Undine at 300 shards and I'm maxed out at 1200 ...

@angelicdragonpuppy Not sure about the 2nd one, but yes red-tailed pygmy wyrms have their own unique zombie sprite. Most of us are still trying to unlock it in the Encyclopedia, there aren't many red-tailed zombies yet!

6 hours ago, Imzadi said:

If you have been getting the max every week, it should be 1600 as of last week.  I have mine for the week, so am at 1700.   Hopefully a little math will help.

M-math! *hides*

I do remember however, thaaat... I bought 3 Bleeding Moons, 200 shards each... and I've been collecting shards regularly since the day one, so 1700 - 600 = 1100... If I really bought the Siyat, I should be at 1000 shards, while I have in fact 900... Either I'm that terrible at math, or I must have bought yet something else for 100 shards O_o The plot thickens.

9 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

- Do market dragons have a unique tombstone?

generic cave/bred tombstone, as someone had reported:

Does anyone knwo why they changed the raffle requirements? It used to be raise any dragon to adulthood & now it's raise a Wyrm to adulthood. It doesn't seem fair that I have to put my scroll goals on hold to raise a couple of dragons I don't want or need in favor of those I actually do want and need. Sitting this month out really isn't fair to myself or others in this position, and I'm wondering why it went from a level playing field, where EVERYONE had an equal shot at it, to now excluding those who have different styles of playing.

1 minute ago, kiramaru7 said:

Does anyone knwo why they changed the raffle requirements? It used to be raise any dragon to adulthood & now it's raise a Wyrm to adulthood. It doesn't seem fair that I have to put my scroll goals on hold to raise a couple of dragons I don't want or need in favor of those I actually do want and need. Sitting this month out really isn't fair to myself or others in this position, and I'm wondering why it went from a level playing field, where EVERYONE had an equal shot at it, to now excluding those who have different styles of playing.

I dunno why they changed it. You could just raise 3 random Xenos, then kill them. Maybe you'd even get a zombie or two out of it if you're lucky. Those little pygmies now count as well.

2 minutes ago, kiramaru7 said:

When the monthly raffles were first introduced, TJ said specifically there would eventually be different requirements. He's just finally implemented it. It's supposed to be fun, shake things up, and encourage new play-styles! If the Xenos don't suit you, you can always release or kill them when you've met the conditions.

Everyone still has the same, equal shot at it, and it's still a level playing field. The game itself doesn't have to cater to any individual's play-style, and encouraging people to branch out is part of the fun! 

For example, I don't freeze dragons. I've never frozen a single dragon in my eight years of play. But if one month the raffle requirement is 'freeze 3 hatchlings' It's not unfair to me in any way - I've just chosen not to play that way, despite freezing be a part of the game. I can either freeze three hatchlings then release them (which I'd probably do) or just not enter that month.

Thanks for the quick replies! I still find it unfair, since it does impact my playing style. I collect 8 pairs of CBs of each dragon as they come out, exceptions being Holidays that limit you to two, plus I breed another pair from my CBs. And thanks to Purple Siyat's breeding habits (you need to practically neglect it to get one), I'm behind. So now in order to participate in this month's raffle, I have to put all that on hold to raise something I don't want at this time just to participate (Killing and/or releasing those dragons just makes it a colossal waste of my time). At the risk of repeating myself, from where I'm standing that's not a level playing field, for myself as well as others, who only collect a pair of adults and both stages of hatchies. It favors those who like to collect whatever dragon they can get their hands on at the moment, and especially those that build lineages, because they can do what they normally do.

It would be unfair if you had to collect 30 dragons or something, because then you'd have to really stay away from your own goals. But 3 dragons is nothing, come on. And it's not a "colossal waste of time" because it's buying you a raffle ticket, so that's the goal that you're doing it for.

In the same vein as Kaini but opposite situation: since the beginning of the year and for the foreseeable future, I only raise dragons to freeze them (with exception of new breeds, I keep an adult of each gender). So raffle requirements make me raise dragons I wouldn't normally raise, but hey, it's an occasion to do something else tbh!

Edited by Aalbiel

That's a very narrow-minded approach. Me, I usually can't catch Xenos in the biomes, and I didn't have any breeding projects going with them, either. And I'm not really into collecting pygmies, either. So what? I simply bred several 2nd gen PB Xenos and kept the oddballs that are not the same breed as their parents (and left the rest for the AP). New breeding project for whenever I'm in the mood. *shrugs*