Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

i have missing stuff on scroll, eggs i incubated and hatched are back to eggs, sorted dragons in same place as before , ones i caught (fogs) incubated and hatched are now Gone unsure.gif was going to gift them i hope they come back at least sad.gif Teleports no longer showing,

i know i have had a very stressful day but not to bad enough to cause memory lose/hallucinations biggrin.gif

i have missing stuff on scroll, eggs i incubated and hatched are back to eggs, sorted dragons in same place as before , ones i caught (fogs) incubated and hatched are now Gone unsure.gif was going to gift them i hope they come back at least sad.gif Teleports no longer showing,

i know i have had a very stressful day but not to bad enough to cause memory lose/hallucinations biggrin.gif

There was (and still is, it seems) a big downtime glitch with the cave, and everything was set back to an earlier point in time. Right now it's just a waiting game to see what happens, although my guess is that anything that happened after that point is permanently lost.

Considering this is a different issue I made a new thread.

Five hatchlings I froze this morning became unfrozen in the roll back but my freeze count stayed the same so I can't freeze them all again.

Judging by my topic being locked and redirected to

As always, actions that occurred right before a downtime may not be persisted. No need to fill the thread with anecdotes.

Means I'm out of luck? With my hatchlings being back to normal I should have had five freeze slots come back. But they didn't. So now I have none left to refreeze those same five.

It's interesting not everything was reset. I lost hatchings I caught on the AP as eggs that are now on other people's scrolls so they are not coming back. But if I go to account/actions they are still there as having been influenced and incubated and the dragon's I used to do it are still on cool down. Ah well tis interesting...

Glitchy rollback indeed. I bred a few things, caught an AP egg, which I incubated and hatched and did a lot of sorting of dragons this afternoon, well after the downtime was finished.

The first sort stayed, but the egg I caught and hatched before that is gone. 2nd gen PB balloon so no biggie. The second sort is gone, and the two eggs that were bred after that sort are gone. The dragons were able to breed again, even though the action log showed they'd been bred already. The most annoying part is that I finally got the 4th gen gold shimmer egg from Blue Angel that I've been wanting for awhile, and that disappeared in the issue. Rebred the pair and they gave me a nebbie egg this time. Oh well.

At least this wasn't as catastrophic as it could have been.

Is it just me, or is DC lagging quite badly right now?

It's interesting not everything was reset.

This is weird to me. The whole rollback thing makes sense- error, reboot, lost stuff. But some actions still being marked as taken? (For me, it was just an incubate/influence. No biggie.)

Took a break to shovel some snow. Better go back for more soon. Sigh.

Edit: I hope if things get restored, the new egg I just bred won't get booted.

Edited by toyofubl

I've got another 502 Bad Gateway, again. Does anyone know how long ago all this lag started?

Is it just me, or is DC lagging quite badly right now?

Yeah, it's lagging, and now I'm picking up Bad Gateway errors.

At this point I think it's best if we take a break from DC for a few hours. I'm kinda worried about another rollback; this past one ate a Breeding & Gifting egg I'd been waiting for, and quite possibly one I bred someone else (can't check due to gateway errors).

Good point. I guess that's it for me today. smile.gif Bad Gateway, too.

I influenced an egg I got two days ago. Will the rollback affect the influence, or is she safe because it was done two days ago?

I'm not super worried about anything else (except losing the CB Magae Xeno I finally got), but I REALLY do not want this baby (now a hatchling) to gender incorrectly. I know influence still might fail naturally, and I'm fine with that, but I'll be annoyed if the rollback is what causes her to become a he. dry.gif

I influenced an egg I got two days ago. Will the rollback affect the influence, or is she safe because it was done two days ago?

I'm not super worried about anything else (except losing the CB Magae Xeno I finally got), but I REALLY do not want this baby (now a hatchling) to gender incorrectly. I know influence still might fail naturally, and I'm fine with that, but I'll be annoyed if the rollback is what causes her to become a he. dry.gif

It should be fine. My actions from 10 PM cave time yesterday were retained, it was my first action today (9:20 AM cave time) and everything after until the downtime was fixed that vanished.

I've been out for several hours today, but everything I traded/was traded to me (around 10:30 AM cavetime) are not on my scroll. The people that I traded with have both the eggs and hatchlings, as in both sides of the deal.

Was there a downtime today?

I am missing some hatchies and eggs but the weird thing is that i picked up a cb egg that i have had not as long as the earlier mentionned eggs and hatchies and that one is still on my scroll. I don't see the logic.

I've been out for several hours today, but everything I traded/was traded to me (around 10:30 AM cavetime) are not on my scroll. The people that I traded with have both the eggs and hatchlings, as in both sides of the deal.

Was there a downtime today?

Yes.

Not gonna lie, this Downtime has left me feeling....well. Down. sad.gif

It's bad enough I lost my 3rd Gen Bred Tinsel and rebred the pair only to end up with a Fail, but I can't imagine how bad it must be for those who caught or traded for things they desperately wanted, only for them to be eaten by this....

"Unavailable for maintenance."

(due to maintenance, perhaps?)

Hope it doesn't last too long.

Was on here about 5 hours ago, and half the stuff has gone and the other hasn't... Really weird, since I hatched some eggs and some are now eggs again, yet others arn't. Also, I picked a CB egg up, my actions show this, but it's not anywhere on my scroll. I think I'm still missing some eggs/hatchlings as I was hatchling locked and now I'm not that OR egg-locked. :/ The hatchlings that matured AFTER I'd hatched some of the eggs are still adults.

I've worked out I'm missing 3 eggs (one an AP find, one CB and one bred).

Edited by Fandom Addict

What do I do when my scroll won't load completely?

Like:

It happens to me all the time. I think it is my POS connection, so I just wait, or try to refresh.

sad.gif

It is very annoying though.

Seems to be back.

Aaand... does the view page of the dragons look differently to anyone else as well?

It looks the same to me. Has yours changed or was it just temporary?

It looks the same to me. Has yours changed or was it just temporary?

I haven't been on all day and I was able to view the page only after the last maintenance some minutes ago, so I'm not sure if it had looked already like this.

Here a screenshot:

user posted image

Edited by Chococat0815

I believe there was one other time, a year or so ago, when there were site issues and TJ fixed them by simply rolling time back--which deleted all actions done beyond that timeframe. So, yes, it looks like everything that's gone right now is gone for good.

The only problem with that, is that this time we didn't know WHEN exactly the downtime would happen, just that it would soon. So, are we to just deal with the loss of eggs, hatchies, and other mess-ups? Not fair and not cool.