Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Maybe the wing colors? (just for the record, mine are Gold)

Ehhhh. The problem is that all SAs get their wing color from the scroll they reside on. So even if I breed you an egg from my white-wing pairs and hatch it, if it grows up on your scroll it will grow as a Gold. I would expect hatchies to do the same - in other words, all Angels on a scroll should share a wing color.

The Terrae explanation does make sense though.

Ehhhh. The problem is that all SAs get their wing color from the scroll they reside on. So even if I breed you an egg from my white-wing pairs and hatch it, if it grows up on your scroll it will grow as a Gold. I would expect hatchies to do the same - in other words, all Angels on a scroll should share a wing color.

...hmm, though there's only one hatchling sprite - maybe their species (as determined by wing-colour) is only decided when they grow into adults? That would explain the behaviour.

[ Edit: Data point in case someone wants to explore that theory: I have white-winged snow angels and my hatchlings sort after the adult snow angels. / Edit II: Isuzu has gold-winged snow angels. ]

Edited by pinkgothic

During/around the recent downtime, did anyone else influence eggs/hatchies and have the influence fail? I know people (including me) lost eggs/hatchies or regained traded eggs/hatchies, but I'm wondering about influences :/ I lost an egg I caught, but I'm more sorry about the hatchie I traded that was influenced and gendered wrong :c

Helloooo again - I have now had an influence turn up failed too sad.gif and the egg was caught up in it all, so...

I didn't have a gender fail, per se, but a male alt vine hatchie, just newly gendered, then the downtime hit, and when it came back up, it was female!! I had really worked to get a male. I had to trade it for something else, and now I have to work for a male again. mad.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

...hmm, though there's only one hatchling sprite - maybe their species (as determined by wing-colour) is only decided when they grow into adults? That would explain the behaviour.

[ Edit: Data point in case someone wants to explore that theory: I have white-winged snow angels and my hatchlings sort after the adult snow angels. / Edit II: Isuzu has gold-winged snow angels. ]

I asked about this a while ago and didn't get much input. I noticed it on my daughters scroll because she has breed sort (mine is custom sort, so I never noticed before).

She has multiwing SA and her hatchies sorts above the adults.

All other hatchies on her scroll sort below the adults

I have white-wing angels and my hatchies sort below adults, same as yours.

What do I do if the site won't load at all?

I tried to switch to a different biome (not at a 5 min reshuffle or an hourly refresh), and now the site won't load! I tried restarting the computer, and the same thing happens when I try to go to the site... Any suggestions as to what to do?

I tried to switch to a different biome (not at a 5 min reshuffle or an hourly refresh), and now the site won't load! I tried restarting the computer, and the same thing happens when I try to go to the site... Any suggestions as to what to do?

The site seems to be loading okay for me, so it's probably on your end. Clear cache & cookies, restart browser, restart computer, restart router. Try visiting DC again after each of those.

Literally the same thing happened to me. I just had to wait it out. Only took about 2 minutes. It wasn't even on the hourly either. It was like 1:43 (my time) or something.

If the dead things vanished from your scroll, besides Undeads (Zombies) and Vampires you can use pacify.

Help, I have enraged the new hoilday dragon.

Once all of the dead things are gone from your scroll, you'll be able to pacify it again.

Edit: Or my browser could just not load the latest reply to the thread. That's cool I guess.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I'm thinking the shimmer trying to hatch on my scroll has too few UV's, but I'm not sure. It's sick, but I'm not panicking and hiding it yet, trying to see if I can hatch it first. It's in 5 hatcherys. What you all think? UV's? Or clicks?

Just time. You obviously incubated it, so it would either need a bunch more stats, or simply 2 more hours or so before it hatches with what it has now.

Two more hours, hmm? Ok, that's doable. I know they don't die very easily, takes quite a while actually, so I don't freak when this happens. I can wait, I guess. I just waited so very long to get this particular shimmer, I wanna name it NOW!! laugh.gif

Edit: It hatched, named and hidden. Thanks Ruby!! smile.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

Hey, I'd like to know a bit more about descriptions. Does the entire description need to focus around just the dragon, or can you describe things like the land they're from with a bit of backstory as well?

Well, it *should* contain something about your dragon. If you can fit in a landscape description as well, go for it. Just remember that there is a character limit - 1000 I think?

I custom sort all my dragons on scroll ~ does this custom sort stay if I suddenly want to change and Sort dragons by breed/colour and switch back to custom after?

Because I'm too afraid to try ~ it took me days to sort all my dragons the way they are now...

Nope, it'll be all lost once you switch to a different sort option.

What some people do is open custom sort in tab 1, then the general sorting menu in tab 2, select their automatic sort option and save, go look at their scroll to find whatever they needed to find, then return to tab 1 and hit the "save" button to get back their custom sort. That method relies on a stable browser/computer though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I custom sort all my dragons on scroll ~ does this custom sort stay if I suddenly want to change and Sort dragons by breed/colour and switch back to custom after?

Because I'm too afraid to try ~ it took me days to sort all my dragons the way they are now...

If I am understanding Sock's post correctly here and following, it is possible. I'm not sure she is talking about the same thing, though.

That would be news to me. All I've read were people who said you couldn't go back - after they tried xd.png But maybe that changed in the meantime. I'd still keep the tab #1 open though, just in case.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I actually just went and tested, since I use breed sort anyway so a messed-up custom sort wouldn't hurt me.

1. Breed sort active.

2. Turned on custom sort (not alternate custom sort, just custom sort).

3. Dragged a few things around, noted where I left them.

4. Saved custom sort.

5. Returned to sort settings and refreshed my scroll. Custom sort now active.

6. Went back to sort settings, turned on breed sort and refreshed my scroll. Breed sort now active.

7. Went back to custom sort. Even though breed sort was still active, the dragon order shown in the custom sort window was exactly the same as I'd had it when custom sort was active.

I did that again once or twice more to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it does seem custom sort saves your dragon order even if you switch to a different sorting method.

You've already gotten an affirmative answer (as long as you don't choose a default sort while within custom sort, but choose your default sort while simply in the sort options), custom sort is saved! You can also use the temp sort on your scroll, if that helps?

That would be news to me. All I've read were people who said you couldn't go back - after they tried xd.png But maybe that changed in the meantime. I'd still keep the tab #1 open though, just in case.

The only time I recall an issue was when people wanted to try TJ's sort, so he provided a way: if you put /tjsort in the url (no idea if this is still active), it would auto resort your dragons to match his. Only it did this by coopting your custom sort. And since that was the last saved custom sort, there was no way to get yours back (unless you had yours open in another window to go resave). Many people were taken by surprise because we didn't realize that. =o

The only time I recall an issue was when people wanted to try TJ's sort, so he provided a way: if you put /tjsort in the url (no idea if this is still active), it would auto resort your dragons to match his. Only it did this by coopting your custom sort. And since that was the last saved custom sort, there was no way to get yours back (unless you had yours open in another window to go resave). Many people were taken by surprise because we didn't realize that. =o

Just tried this, doesn't seem to work anymore.