Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It's just one of the fun things you can do here, besides building lineages or simply collecting 1 of each sprite. Some collect specific dragon types, others like specific types of code (e.g. all numeric or all caps). And some collect codes that sort at the end of the alphabet smile.gif

I took a peek around to see if there was any info about my question and didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it. My question.......why are dragon custom descriptions missing? Do I have to re-do them? Thank you in advance for any help. smile.gif

I took a peek around to see if there was any info about my question and didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it. My question.......why are dragon custom descriptions missing? Do I have to re-do them? Thank you in advance for any help. smile.gif

blink.gif You nearly gave me a heart attack there. I just randomly checked three of my described dragons and they are all there...

Were your descriptions already approved?

blink.gif You nearly gave me a heart attack there. I just randomly checked three of my described dragons and they are all there...

Were your descriptions already approved?

Yes, I have had the descriptions for a couple of years. I just noticed someone else posted a thread in the help forum asking the same question. My descriptions have disappeared. sad.gif

Do you perchance have that new experimental version of the /view/ page, with the "Actions" link just below the dragon sprite instead of on the left above the stats?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Do you perchance have that new experimental version of the /view/ page, with the "Actions" link just below the dragon sprite instead of on the left above the stats?

A few days ago I noticed the site did look different. This is what I see on one of my chickens that is missing a description.

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/OGuMh

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

A few days ago I noticed the site did look different. This is what I see on one of my chickens that is missing a description.

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/OGuMh

When I look at that link I can still see your description. I have not gotten the new view, yet, so I am still seeing yours by the old view.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

When I look at that link I can still see your description. I have not gotten the new view, yet, so I am still seeing yours by the old view.

Hmmm.....I am on my android so maybe that is the problem. Maybe a mobile site issue.

Not mobile, just new. It looks like only a random selection of users have the new look, and not just on mobile.

You could try viewing your chicken while not logged in?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Not mobile, just new. It looks like only a random selection of users have the new look, and not just on mobile.

You could try viewing your chicken while not logged in?

That's a good idea smile.gif Thank you everyone for all of the help. I will also just wait and see if it works itself out. smile.gif

So here's a little question, does anyone know if we're getting a prize raffle or not this year? It's smack-dab in the middle of January and still no word on it. I'll be rather disappointed if there isn't one. sad.gif

So here's a little question, does anyone know if we're getting a prize raffle or not this year? It's smack-dab in the middle of January and still no word on it. I'll be rather disappointed if there isn't one. sad.gif

No one knows but TJ and he is not saying. I am guessing that there will not be one this year, but no one knows.

Considering that he never said there WOULD be one, I don't know why people seem so surprised....

Considering that he never said there WOULD be one, I don't know why people seem so surprised....

Because humans are creatures of habit and routine, and it's been a DC routine for the last few years to have a raffle. tongue.gif

I'm actually gonna make a very long shot here - I predict TJ brings out a store sometime this year, which makes having a raffle unnecessary. A store would actually increase the drama post-raffle, since everyone with their shiny new CB prizes would feel like they just got mega-devalued. The prizes already in the system have had time to breed and devalue themselves, and would hopefully cause less drama.

I sure hope you're right. smile.gif

It's good practice when running a game to announce changes to an established routine. The fact that the raffle ran several years in a row made people have a reasonable expectation that it would continue to do so. I do hope TJ has what he considers a good reason for the unannounced change (by which I mean that I'd be content so long as he feels it was a good reason whether I actually agree with the reason or not - it'd be much worse if it were just sort of arbitrary.)

Are dragons already bred supposed to show up in the Fertility list?

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Yes, you can use fertility on a dragon that just had bred a few moments ago. I used to do that in the past before we had the current fertility page and a few weeks ago. By the way there are dragons that are still greyed out when i scroll down... Happy that a usage of fertility holds on until breeding. No need for a really big Purple army like for Reds. smile.gif

Very handy by the way because in one week i have forgotten which specific dragons i bred waaaaay back then. wink.gif So i use my Purples right after a breeding that don't give me an egg. dry.gif *remember something and pokes a Purple*

So is the line in the encyclopedia where we can unlock the Spriter's Alt Caligene Dragons intended?

Will we ever get back the funny message after using refresh directly after the use of the Splash action? I miss that message but i already have my Badge, but i like to read that message again. sad.gif

I'm actually gonna make a very long shot here - I predict TJ brings out a store sometime this year, which makes having a raffle unnecessary. A store would actually increase the drama post-raffle, since everyone with their shiny new CB prizes would feel like they just got mega-devalued. The prizes already in the system have had time to breed and devalue themselves, and would hopefully cause less drama.

This was my first thought as well. I think TJ is whipping up something to replace the Raffle, which will make some members happy, and other members not-so-happy.