Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Names still aren't being released from dead dragons because dead dragons aren't being cleared, AFAIK, so dead dragon behavior is a little... iffy.

Agreed on the iffy part. I thought names were once again being released off dead dragons without progeny, though? Could've sworn there was something in Help about that right around Halloween time, although I can't find it via a search and the Help forum doesn't go that far back.

Edit: got it. Just a couple of people in that thread noted name removal, though, so maybe it's patchy.

I found a post from Oct 2014 (most recent I could find) where someone confirmed that they had killed a GoN and were not allowed to summon another. The breed limits page still linked to the dead one - which they had killed in May. After that I asked for clarification from TJ, and he confirmed that if a GoN egg dies, another summon can be attempted, but it wasn't the same case with adults.

Interesting. I don't have any specific information that would counter your findings, I just had this nebulous idea that I'd seen something somewhere. tongue.gif Thanks for looking that up.

I've got a gendered hatchling, removed from all click sites. Will it always grow up at 4 days? If I fog it and unfog it will it not grow up? I don't want it to grow up!

I've got a gendered hatchling, removed from all click sites. Will it always grow up at 4 days? If I fog it and unfog it will it not grow up? I don't want it to grow up!

It won't grow up as long as it's fogged. As soon as you unfog it, it will probably grow up. Gendered hatchies usually have all the stats they need to grow up as soon as possible.

It won't grow up as long as it's fogged. As soon as you unfog it, it will probably grow up. Gendered hatchies usually have all the stats they need to grow up as soon as possible.

God dammit.

Why do you not want it to grow up? It's possible to just leave it fogged until it dies if that's what you're after? I'm assuming freezing isn't an option or you'd just do that.

Not sure if this is the place for this tiny question but....

I am on TJ's DC records site (http://dcrecords.tj09.net/) and everytime I try and do the check scroll part it times out with this... "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/tj09/domains/dcrecords.tj09.net/public_html/_/modules/check.php on line 7"

My question is, is there a limit to the size of scroll this site can check... I have tried in Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results. Wondering if my scroll is too big for the process.

Not sure if this is the place for this tiny question but....

I am on TJ's DC records site (http://dcrecords.tj09.net/) and everytime I try and do the check scroll part it times out with this... "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/tj09/domains/dcrecords.tj09.net/public_html/_/modules/check.php on line 7"

My question is, is there a limit to the size of scroll this site can check... I have tried in Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results. Wondering if my scroll is too big for the process.

I believe there is a scroll limit as I haven't been able to run my scroll through it without getting an error in a very long time. I think it stopped working for me when I was around 9000 dragons/creatures.

I believe there is a scroll limit as I haven't been able to run my scroll through it without getting an error in a very long time. I think it stopped working for me when I was around 9000 dragons/creatures.

I am very close to 9000 too. Oh well. I guess it is good to know it is nothing to do with my computer at least.

Hard refresh is what I'd do. Assuming you've done that and it didn't help, did you try opening it in a fresh tab?

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Lurhstaap

Hard refresh is what I'd do. Assuming you've done that and it didn't help, did you try opening it in a fresh tab?

EDIT: ninja.gif 'd

Those didn't work, but the clearing of the cache DID work.

Thanks though ^^

Random question, but has anyone noticed an inbalance in the ratios of the Xenowyrms? Mine have been breeding Pyros a lot for no reason even when neither parent is a Pyro, and it's starting to bug me.

Random question, but has anyone noticed an inbalance in the ratios of the Xenowyrms? Mine have been breeding Pyros a lot for no reason even when neither parent is a Pyro, and it's starting to bug me.

Pyros, at least from what I've seen, are the most common Xenos.

Is there a loading difference between the different DC Skins? Is there one that is better for a slow computer or internet connection?

Is there a loading difference between the different DC Skins? Is there one that is better for a slow computer or internet connection?

The default skin gets the most regular upkeep, so it should be the smoothest. However, your computer may like a less detailed piece of background art. Honestly, you're going to be better off testing for yourself if different skins make a difference on your computer. If your computer is that slow, you may want to try disabling styles (view -> page styles -> no style on Mac FF), although it's not as pretty to look at. =p

I don't have a slow computer, so I don't see any noticeable difference on different skins myself. ^^;;

The default skin gets the most regular upkeep, so it should be the smoothest. However, your computer may like a less detailed piece of background art. Honestly, you're going to be better off testing for yourself if different skins make a difference on your computer. If your computer is that slow, you may want to try disabling styles (view -> page styles -> no style on Mac FF), although it's not as pretty to look at. =p

I don't have a slow computer, so I don't see any noticeable difference on different skins myself. ^^;;

Oh, okay. Thanks! I'll see what I can do smile.gif I hate slow computers, haha!

Oh, okay. Thanks! I'll see what I can do smile.gif I hate slow computers, haha!

I have heard Blackout is decent for slow computers. Can't confirm that myself since I play on default and now Blackout is disabled for me.

If you would prefer to stay on default, try blocking the background image with your adblocker. You can also disable JavaScript for some extra speed, although that'll disable a few bits of gameplay (Fertility dragon list, custom scroll sort lists, etc.)

I have heard Blackout is decent for slow computers. Can't confirm that myself since I play on default and now Blackout is disabled for me.

If you would prefer to stay on default, try blocking the background image with your adblocker. You can also disable JavaScript for some extra speed, although that'll disable a few bits of gameplay (Fertility dragon list, custom scroll sort lists, etc.)

Disabling the background image helped AMAZINGLY! Thank you for suggesting it biggrin.gif

Disabling the background image helped AMAZINGLY! Thank you for suggesting it biggrin.gif

That's why I use St Pat's. I wish we could have the old default back as an option - it was more suited to dragons, but for now, St Pat's is my best option....

Is there any way aside from still having your verification email to find out exactly when you joined DC? My first eggs died so my oldest dragon isn't an accurate way of telling. He was am ap egg anyway and I have no idea how much time he had when I picked him up.

Check your scroll number against those of others. There's a thread here where people compare biggrin.gif