Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I lost some trades and hatches (such a cute low time Moonstone!), but what annoys me more is how short I am right now on freeze move. I sure hope there won't be another er, problem, as I won't be able to freeze those hatches.

I am gonna wait and watch for a while, don't want to fail anymore today. Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon.

The only problem with that, is that this time we didn't know WHEN exactly the downtime would happen, just that it would soon. So, are we to just deal with the loss of eggs, hatchies, and other mess-ups? Not fair and not cool.

This wasn't the planned downtime; that happened at 2 AM cave time this morning. This was something unintentional and glitchy, presumably. And I don't like it either (have to try to get eggs back to their proper owners now, and some I couldn't rebreed), but I'm guessing it's what we're stuck with.

I haven't been on all day and I was able to view the page only after the last maintenance some minutes ago, so I'm not sure if it had looked already like this.

Here a screenshot:

user posted image

WOW... That is totally different than mine. Mine still looks like the old way. I like your better. I hope my views change like that too.

The only problem with that, is that this time we didn't know WHEN exactly the downtime would happen, just that it would soon. So, are we to just deal with the loss of eggs, hatchies, and other mess-ups? Not fair and not cool.

Agreed. I know he did update the main post with the time, but it would've been nice to know there was the possibility of something like this happening.

WOW... That is totally different than mine. Mine still looks like the old way. I like your better. I hope my views change like that too.

It does, doesn't it? laugh.gif Except the name of the owner is on the other side and I keep clicking wrong.

Probably nothing that TJ can fix or anything that he intended. The site backs itself up every so often. A glitch caused it to go down. He could restore it back as far as the last backup, but no further. Maybe it isn't fair, but I think we are stuck with what we have at this point.

So I'm out both a 2nd gen Gold x Aegis, AND a Cheese. And someone has both. Real nice.

Probably nothing that TJ can fix or anything that he intended. The site backs itself up every so often. A glitch caused it to go down. He could restore it back as far as the last backup, but no further. Maybe it isn't fair, but I think we are stuck with what we have at this point.

Not everything rolled back though. It is strange how some things were effected and others weren't. That doesn't make sense if it was just restored from x point in time.

I know it's not easy to say but does it look like this is the end of the downtime? (more specifically, does it look like there will be any more roll backs?) I've lost some eggs already, although I understand it was risky to breed around this time anyway, but don't know if it's worth getting more. :/

I'm out five eggs. A nasty shock to come home to - and I wonder what happened to the eggs I traded for them. What is particularly odd is that they WEREN'T the most recent eggs... (I still have all the codes...)

Code has no sense of fairness. TJ may not be able to restore what was lost as much as he may want to. Things like this can happen and are inherent risks of using websites. There's no way to completely avoid it.

Although FWIW if you lost eggs and you can see they are on someone else's scroll, and you got them in a trade, they almost certainly returned to the scroll you got them from. A friend of mine and I had that happen with a couple of Z code hatchlings he'd sent me. PM the person you traded with to get the missing eggs and see if it's their scroll the eggs are on. If so I would be very surprised if the person was unwilling to return them.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm really confused. TJ dismissed the other thread with "Yeah, it always happens that actions taken right before a downtime get reversed." But the downtime happened YESTERDAY (Tuesday,) and actions from this morning are still getting reversed. How can this possibly be a matter of the downtime overwriting old data if the trades and breeding that have been deleted happened after the downtime was over?

I'm really confused. TJ dismissed the other thread with "Yeah, it always happens that actions taken right before a downtime get reversed." But the downtime happened YESTERDAY (Tuesday,) and actions from this morning are still getting reversed. How can this possibly be a matter of the downtime overwriting old data if the trades and breeding that have been deleted happened after the downtime was over?

There was a second, presumably unplanned downtime this afternoon. That's what messed things up, not the planned 2 AM one.

Edit: TJ should really just make a news post saying what happened so people are less confused.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

There was a second, presumably unplanned downtime this afternoon. That's what messed things up, not the planned 2 AM one.

Edit: TJ should really just make a news post saying what happened so people are less confused.

Yes, an official update would be REALLY helpful, thanks. It would probably also keep QUITE so many people from posting about the same thing in Help...

Code has no sense of fairness. TJ may not be able to restore what was lost as much as he may want to. Things like this can happen and are inherent risks of using websites. There's no way to completely avoid it.

Although FWIW if you lost eggs and you can see they are on someone else's scroll, and you got them in a trade, they almost certainly returned to the scroll you got them from. A friend of mine and I had that happen with a couple of Z code hatchlings he'd sent me. PM the person you traded with to get the missing eggs and see if it's their scroll the eggs are on. If so I would be very surprised if the person was unwilling to return them.

Sadly they aren't on hers either. Part of how I found out what had happened was after I went to news and help to try and find out why my scroll had shrunk, I saw she had messaged me to say OMG those eggs have vanished - she's going to try and breed again tomorrow. I'm no worse off than anyone else, I begin to realise but still. The other person who gifted me one is rarely here, and I don't know if she has even noticed... They were commons, but lineage material, and it's annoying more than anything not to have anything official we can look at rather than trawling through half a dozen closed threads.

So yes, I too would have liked a news post - I've been trying to see what happened through a number of threads TJ has closed saying they are duplicates and don't make duplicates - but without posting an answer. At first I thought OMG I've been hacked - but - for COMMONS ?

Okay, I'm pissed, i spent all morning renaming HALF my dragons and now they are all unnamed and back to their old names again

is there anyway to undo all of that? I really don't want to have to do it over again

Just deleted my previous post after reading other threads.

So yes, I too would have liked a news post - I've been trying to see what happened through a number of threads TJ has closed saying they are duplicates and don't make duplicates - but without posting an answer. At first I thought OMG I've been hacked - but - for COMMONS ?

I'm not TJ but I would guess that unexpected down time caused a few issues and TJ or the hosting provider had to restore the site from previous backups. If I'm guessing right, whatever happened, after that backup, is gone and there is nothing that can be done. Many companies keep hot sites and run everything on parallel but I doubt that DC's users pay enough to afford that very expensive process.

Edited by PewterEyes

Awwww.. I LOST a lot of trades and bred eggs and AP finds! And a very kind person finally gave me a 2G Pink x Rosebud last night. :'( They're all gone and I find a single new dino on my scroll, which was probably the one I traded away.

EDIT: And I STILL have BOTH the CB lunar and the Tinsel I traded it for. But I can't remember who I traded with to give back the tinsel. Arrghhhh... And the new owner of my blue dino is probably looking for it too, who I also can't remember. Just made random offers on EATW. Sigh.

Is there a chance to get them back?

Thank you so much Riverwillows for my brand new Pink x Rosebud!

Edited by Sylvan_Moon

Me, I've noticed that many of the dragons I bred yesterday are available today, as if I had never bred them. blink.gif They still have their last bred date.

Okay, I'm pissed, i spent all morning renaming HALF my dragons and now they are all unnamed and back to their old names again

is there anyway to undo all of that? I really don't want to have to do it over again

Yea, all the dragons I named 13+ hrs ago are now nameless... The ones I renamed... I can't recall, but the one upside is that they all seem to still be on the actions page, so I'm just going to use that to rename as many as I can.

*hugs* sorry to the folks who lost eggs/hatchlings, I've lost a few myself that I was already plotting lineage projects with *snuickers* smh, one being this pretty lady: http://dragcave.net/lineage/OKty0.

Edited by priscel

Is it normal for Magis to lose their teleport if a hatchling on the trade grows up?

Yep.

No teleporting egg/hatchie=teleporting byebye.

Edited by PewterEyes