Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I would normally wait for a reply but since the time is short, my question will go here too xP

Is it allowed to post a link to a raffle (in the forum games) in the departures thread just so people know about it?

Another dumb tinsel-hatching question. Does this egg have too few UVs to hatch soon? It hasn't even started cracking. Should I just be patient or should I put it on another click site? It's already on two. I don't want him getting sick.

Another dumb tinsel-hatching question. Does this egg have too few UVs to hatch soon? It hasn't even started cracking. Should I just be patient or should I put it on another click site? It's already on two. I don't want him getting sick.

Yes, it will need more UVs than that to hatch any time soon. The problem with putting it on more click sites at this point is that most of them will auto-ER it at that point and that is likely to make it sick. It is much safer to put it on more sites earlier and get those UVs at a slow, steady pace.

Yes, it will need more UVs than that to hatch any time soon. The problem with putting it on more click sites at this point is that most of them will auto-ER it at that point and that is likely to make it sick. It is much safer to put it on more sites earlier and get those UVs at a slow, steady pace.

Thank you. I have a boatload of shimmers and tinsels, and it didn't start happening this slowly until the past few weeks. Really odd. laugh.gif

Thank you. I have a boatload of shimmers and tinsels, and it didn't start happening this slowly until the past few weeks. Really odd. laugh.gif

I think the clicksites have been a little slow lately. You might want to consider something like 1 clicksite at 6d+, another clicksite at 6d, then incu and add more sites at 5d+. I think the trick with prizes is to not incu until they're well below 6d, because if you incu right away the clicksites will see the prize as a 6d and will promptly give it enough views to get it sick, forcing you to fog it and waste time waiting for it to recover.

I find that generally not incubating prizes until they have a big hole AND are close to or below 5 days left works best. That way they gain their views steadily and don't get sick (with my normal progression of fansites like I use it for other eggs (which I normally incubate right away)).

Yes you do something along the lines of *This user's pm box is full the message can't be delivered currently*

Not so odd. It just shows that fewer people are using the clicksites and giving views right now. This is often a slow period for DC this time of year.

I find that generally not incubating prizes until they have a big hole AND are close to or below 5 days left works best. That way they gain their views steadily and don't get sick (with my normal progression of fansites like I use it for other eggs (which I normally incubate right away)).

laugh.gif I think there are as many ways of raising Prizes as there are players. I incubate mine right away, just like all my other eggs and basically treat them no differently. I put them on two low view sites, then add a higher one the next day and sometimes a fourth if they seem to be lagging. I don't think I have ever had one get sick except when someone thought I needed help. mad.gif They usually hatch for me somewhere around 3d 20h. And I don't usually ER them, as that is almost guaranteed to make them sick, but if I need the space I will and then just fog them once they hatch.

How long should it take for a dragon to recover from sickness? I had a dragon get sick overnight after hatching and was asleep and didn't know it. I fogged it as soon as I woke up, but its been hours and the baby still hasn't recovered.

This is why I hide my scroll. Too many people adding my dragons to click sites. No, it wasn't the tinsel mentioned above. He's perfectly healthy and hatched nicely.

How long should it take for a dragon to recover from sickness? I had a dragon get sick overnight after hatching and was asleep and didn't know it. I fogged it as soon as I woke up, but its been hours and the baby still hasn't recovered.

This is why I hide my scroll. Too many people adding my dragons to click sites. No, it wasn't the tinsel mentioned above. He's perfectly healthy and hatched nicely.

It varies widely. I have had them take up to 12 hours if the views were high. (Thanks a lot, helpers!)

It varies widely. I have had them take up to 12 hours if the views were high. (Thanks a lot, helpers!)

The, er, helpers, is why I removed my scroll link in my sig and hide my scroll when not hatching my dragons. I wish there were a way to prevent people from trying to kill your eggs the minute you unfog your scroll. Sometimes it seems people stalk certain scrolls for some reason. dry.gif

I ALWAYS leave them fogged for 24 hours, even if they feel better - and I've never had one stay sick that long..

Is anyone else getting bad gateway messages when trying to open either the Forums or the Cave?

ETA: Thanks for the quick reply, Andygal!

Edited by oddsoxdi

No bad gateway messages here, but there is severe lag and often pages are just timing out.

Mine isn't timing out now but my scroll is back to how it was before I sorted it last.

I kept getting the bad gateway earlier, but now there's a whole new set of problems I'm having.

Edited by prismatika

the last two eggs I bred just disappeared ????????any

one else having that happen???

the parents are breedable again, but 'm afraid to unsure.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

the last two eggs I bred just disappeared ????????any

one else having that happen???

the parents are breedable again, but 'm afraid to  unsure.gif

I'm having the exact same problem, including the fear of trying again. Plus a hatchling ungendered on me and I lost names because the site says they're already in use.

Is anyone else having that issue?

Edited by prismatika

In the other help thread, TJ posted:

As always, actions that occurred right before a downtime may not be persisted.

I don't know what that means. Did this happen before? (I've played a long time- LAGMONSTER!- but I don't know if I recall anything being lost in more ordinary downtimes.)

In the other help thread, TJ posted:

As always, actions that occurred right before a downtime may not be persisted.

I don't know what that means. Did this happen before? (I've played a long time- LAGMONSTER!- but I don't know if I recall anything being lost in more ordinary downtimes.)

I believe there was one other time, a year or so ago, when there were site issues and TJ fixed them by simply rolling time back--which deleted all actions done beyond that timeframe. So, yes, it looks like everything that's gone right now is gone for good.

I believe there was one other time, a year or so ago, when there were site issues and TJ fixed them by simply rolling time back--which deleted all actions done beyond that timeframe. So, yes, it looks like everything that's gone right now is gone for good.

Well, that's good to know. That way I can egglock myself again and not have something potentially catastrophic happen if it is "fixed." Wouldn't that be a kick in the <insert anything here- teeth? butt? spleen?>

(Sorry to everyone who lost something valuable and cherished. sad.gif Mine was only an AP alt lotto egg.)