Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is there a thread wherein people are re-doing trades? I've ended up in the same boat as a lot of other people apparently, and one of my trades partially reversed so I have both the hatchling I was swapping and the egg I got in exchange.

Why can't I rename one of my hatchlings? I'm trying to get rid of it's name but it just gives me a server error.

I checked my hatchlings and eggs for the first time today a few minutes ago to find that the 3G blusang hatchling that I named yesterday (at 4:33 am, as my action log tells me) no longer had its name. I have since renamed it with no issues, but is this something I should be worried about? I've never had anything like this happen before and I know the name (Winter Tide III) isn't inappropriate.

EDIT: I see what's going on now. Sorry I didn't check more thoroughly before!

Edited by keijaidyyn

Why can't I rename one of my hatchlings? I'm trying to get rid of it's name but it just gives me a server error.

If you're still experiencing this issue, try clearing your DC cookies and see if that works.

If you're still experiencing this issue, try clearing your DC cookies and see if that works.

Still not working.

This member has chosen not to be contactable by the board Messenger

This personal message has not been sent

Does this message mean a person has blocked me or no one can contact them?

Still not working.

Could you please post more details in a new thread? I'll check it again after work. ^^

Does this message mean a person has blocked me or no one can contact them?

It means you were blocked. A full PM box gives a different message, and there's no "turn off all PMs" option.

Hey just wondering how does Xenowyrm breeding work? I know there's something about if you breed a Xeno to a non-xeno there is a chance of the egg turning out to be the Xeno that corresponds to the partner's biome. But does that only work for dragons that explicitly have the biome listed on their page (i.e. CBs that are from like 2014 onward)? Also if you breed two Xenos together do you have a chance of getting an egg that is a Xeno of a different variety than either parent?

Hey just wondering how does Xenowyrm breeding work? I know there's something about if you breed a Xeno to a non-xeno there is a chance of the egg turning out to be the Xeno that corresponds to the partner's biome. But does that only work for dragons that explicitly have the biome listed on their page (i.e. CBs that are from like 2014 onward)? Also if you breed two Xenos together do you have a chance of getting an egg that is a Xeno of a different variety than either parent?

The dragon cave wiki does a pretty good job of explaining under the breeding section: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Astrapi_Xenowyrm

So in the first post of this thread there is everthing about breeding Xenowyrm:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8844106

Just read the Developed Theory and breeding Xenos is an easy task... depending on your goals. tongue.gif

Too lazy and tired so it is risky to answer your questions. Good night!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this (or if there even is a right place??), but I need some help with a signature I am working on. The overall signature will comprise of several blocks pushed together to look like one larger image (see blank template below, I have already obtained permission from the person who did the original style to re-work and use it myself). What I'm wanting to do is to add a link on two of the blocks using an image that will change (the Lunar Herald cycle icon and the scroll stats banner), and I don't know how to do that. I am using Paint Shop Pro X2 (I have PS, but don't like to use it, so please don't suggest I use it).

user posted image would go here user posted image

[iM G]http://eatw.net/sig/2/miss1nformation.png[/img]

and user posted image would go here user posted image

[iM G]http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/shoko.png[/img]

user posted image

If this isn't the right place, please direct me to the right place to ask about this. Thanks in advance!

The problem is that this forum doesn't support any BBcodes for background images or even tables, so you can't just put things in boxes. (Also, you obviously cannot just copy/paste images that get re-created by code logic whenever you look at it into a static image.)

The only thing you could do is to change the size of the blue bits so that the dynamic images you're putting in would *look* like they're part of that giant banner of yours.

There is also another Lunar cycler that you could try to fit in instead of the single egg:

[IMG=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/image.png]

( found and explained here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170693 )

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's not strictly what you're asking for, but if you have server space somewhere outside DC, you could look at creating a dynamic image. Basically you'd set up a script on your site that would re-generate an image every time your image URL is accessed, and return that newly generated image to whatever asked for it.

You'd have to set up either one giant script to pull together the appropriate lunar cycle image and the scroll stats image overlaid on your background, or two separate scripts for two separate dynamic images. One script is probably preferable for making the sig banner look prettier.

Your challenge with this is that I don't believe most free image upload sites, or upload sites in general, will let you do this since you're actually executing code. You'll need an actual website somewhere that allows code execution.

Thanks for the replies! As for the Lunar Heralds, I think I may try to make my own button of sorts (no rotating images or anything showing the current cycle though). And as for the code writing, that's way over my head xd.png I'll figure something out for the scroll stats/link, or maybe I'll just keep it outside of the signature area all together? idk yet happy.gif

Do Alt Vine x Alt Vine always breed Alts now? Or am I just (un)lucky?

This Pair has produced 3 Alts in a row when I need a regular Vine for a lineage...

I think you're just lucky.

My first thought was "I'll have it" but I already have a baby from that pair, which was surprising. tongue.gif

I am finding myself unable to get eggs onto hatcheries. I am not hidden with adults, scroll or otherwise.

I am finding myself unable to get eggs onto hatcheries. I am not hidden with adults, scroll or otherwise.

Assuming your scrollname is the same as your forum name, I was able to load your scroll without issue on both EATW and AoND. Everything on your scroll is already posted on AoND, so presumably something loaded, even if it didn't show up for you. (Please note that I added nothing to EATW and didn't touch what was already on AoND. I only tested the ability to load your scroll.)

Is there a way I can view the cave time while browsing on mobile? On PC, there's that note in the corner of the screen that tells the time, and if you click on it, it has the moon phases listed etc., but I seem to be missing that whole thing entirely on my phone. Or am I just blind?

Is there a way I can view the cave time while browsing on mobile? On PC, there's that note in the corner of the screen that tells the time, and if you click on it, it has the moon phases listed etc., but I seem to be missing that whole thing entirely on my phone. Or am I just blind?

you can always just type out dragcave.net/help/time

or rather, go to Help > Using the site > Time Reference

but there's no 'direct' link, unless i'm also blind.

I managed to get it on AOND, Silvies it keeps saying non existing.

- finally functions. Thanks for aiding me everyone.

Edited by Starscream

Thanks for the replies! As for the Lunar Heralds, I think I may try to make my own button of sorts (no rotating images or anything showing the current cycle though). And as for the code writing, that's way over my head xd.png I'll figure something out for the scroll stats/link, or maybe I'll just keep it outside of the signature area all together? idk yet happy.gif

EDIT: I misunderstood what you wanted. I have no idea how to get the images to cycle specifically with the cycle of the lunars. Sorry.

You don't need to use any special coding. TJ has sort of already made something for what you're looking to do. It won't do the tiling but it will let you create an image link that switches to a different image each time you load it. That's right here.

For the tiling:

If you look in my signature you'll see a carrot that's holding a bingo list thing. That's actually two images; one for bingo, and one for art. I just made a duplicate of the image and cropped it so that the two halves fit together to look like one carrot. That's basically what you're doing except at a much larger scale.

EDIT: A sort of example of this would be this post that I made. Notice how the images tile? You could do that except with alternating widths to get the design you're looking for.

Edited by Vrack