Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

You don't need to use any special coding. TJ has sort of already made something for what you're looking to do. It won't do the tiling but it will let you create an image link that switches to a different image each time you load it. That's right here.

I don't think that's what was intended. The Lunar Herald cycler and the scroll stats are NOT random at all: the Lunar Herald cycler depends on date and time, and you know what the scroll stats are ...

During/around the recent downtime, did anyone else influence eggs/hatchies and have the influence fail? I know people (including me) lost eggs/hatchies or regained traded eggs/hatchies, but I'm wondering about influences :/ I lost an egg I caught, but I'm more sorry about the hatchie I traded that was influenced and gendered wrong :c

Edited by Twilight Dream

During/around the recent downtime, did anyone else influence eggs/hatchies and have the influence fail? I know people (including me) lost eggs/hatchies or regained traded eggs/hatchies, but I'm wondering about influences :/ I lost an egg I caught, but I'm more sorry about the hatchie I traded that was influenced and gendered wrong :c

Influence can fail anytime, downtime or no. It's a small chance but it does happen.

As for the downtime, many people have said that influence was lost and was available to be applied again. So, yes, it is very likely that others had "fails" due to the downtime.

Influence can fail anytime, downtime or no. It's a small chance but it does happen.

As for the downtime, many people have said that influence was lost and was available to be applied again. So, yes, it is very likely that others had "fails" due to the downtime.

I know it occasionally happens, but I think a good two or three of mine failed and that is incredibly unlikely considering how rare an occurrence it usually is :')

That does make sense...I'm blaming the downtime regardless xd.png Oh well! All sorts of weird things happened. Thanks for the reply! smile.gif

Not FAILED - but if it was one of the actions that was "lost" then, sadly, yes. Luckily nothing I had influenced hatched in that little window of time when the action was lost- but if it had....

I need some help locating the Leap Day breeding thread. I tried using the search function, but I didn't find it there.

Edit: Let me clarify this. When we had the Holly Contest back in 2012, some of us participated in a breeding even that happened on Feb. 29th, and we all agreed to add in the term "Leaping" or "Leap" into the dragons name, to help define why it was special to us. I'm trying to find that thread again, and I've only found a Suggestion Thread about making retired/discontinued dragons available, which is not the thread I wanted.

Edited by xeyla

I need some help locating the Leap Day breeding thread. I tried using the search function, but I didn't find it there.

Edit: Let me clarify this. When we had the Holly Contest back in 2012, some of us participated in a breeding even that happened on Feb. 29th, and we all agreed to add in the term "Leaping" or "Leap" into the dragons name, to help define why it was special to us. I'm trying to find that thread again, and I've only found a Suggestion Thread about making retired/discontinued dragons available, which is not the thread I wanted.

It's in the Holly 2012 thread:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=132749

Not much, but DIG. xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is there anywhere a list of what the breed SORT names are? I am thoroughly frustrated at never knowing quite where to look for a breed because the sort name never matches the breed name.

This is a nightmare if you don't just "know" what the dragons are

What about this order makes any kind of sense?

gold

shallow water-alternate name is? goldfish?

storm- gray

green

spotted greenwing - leave off the spots?

guardian

gold wyvern -someone was kind enough to tell me these are gwyverns, who knew

List? Please. please, please?

Ruby Eyes -Thank YOU! wub.gif

Bookmarked to my toolbar

Edited by Tawanda001

What is this egg so low on that it isn't even nearing hatched? I know tinsels need a lot more UVs than most, but are Xenos the same?

What is this egg so low on that it isn't even nearing hatched? I know tinsels need a lot more UVs than most, but are Xenos the same?

It needs more UVs. I dont find them difficult to hatch, but yours is definitely low

It needs more UVs. I dont find them difficult to hatch, but yours is definitely low

Thank you! It finally hatched at 360 UVs.

Guys... it may be a stupid question, but... what does UB mean? I reckon it is one of the dragon breeds, but, uh, which one? Or is it simply a typo?

Guys... it may be a stupid question, but... what does UB mean? I reckon it is one of the dragon breeds, but, uh, which one? Or is it simply a typo?

I guess, that means unbreedable (paper, cheese, chickens, dinos).

Edited by Gealach

Context would help, but it could be a typo for UV, unique view. Seeing as the V and B key are right next to each other.

Gealach has it right. It should mean 'unbreedables'; though note that the category is a bit fuzzy at the edges.

There are cave-catchable unbreedables, which is what people usually mean when they exclude unbreedables (chicken, dinos, cheese, paper), there are those + vampires, which is what people are usually uninterested in trading, and then there are those in latter group + neglected dragons, which are all the formal unbreedables (er, I think biggrin.gif)... but you can usually assume that if people are excluding unbreedables in their scroll, they're not excluding neglected dragons. smile.gif

[ Edit: Oh, derp, I forgot zombies! Those can't be traded or gifted, though, and only have a narrow window where they can be created... so they exclude themselves from most conversations about unbreedables anyway. smile.gif ]

Edited by pinkgothic

Just wondering...

Why do i see 3 different colours of Lunar Heralds in the trade of EatW? I thought they breed one colour only on a specific moons phase? So if the phases just changed there might be the possibility to see 2 colours around, but 3?

I saw gold, blue and brown.

edit. Thanks for clearing that up, purplehaze! smile.gif

Didn't know some of the phases can be that short!

Edited by milkaq66

Just wondering...

Why do i see 3 different colours of Lunar Heralds in the trade of EatW? I thought they breed one colour only on a specific moons phase? So if the phases just changed there might be the possibility to see 2 colours around, but 3?

I saw gold, blue and brown.

Some of the phases only last 4 days. Gold just started dropping at 8pm yesterday, if I am correct. Before that was the bronze for only 4 days and the blue before that for 8 days. So with 7 days possible for an egg to live, it is quite possible for three different colors to be out there at one time.

Edited by purplehaze

I guess, that means unbreedable (paper, cheese, chickens, dinos).

Unbreedables! Thank you, it must be correct smile.gif I wasn't around for quite a long time, missed on many dragons, so I was a bit confused wink.gif

Is there any particular reason why in Breed sort Snow Angel hatchies seem to go before the adults, unlike other frozen hatchies which go after them?

Is there any particular reason why in Breed sort Snow Angel hatchies seem to go before the adults, unlike other frozen hatchies which go after them?

Your hatchies are glitched, I think. Mine show up after the adults.

I say "glitched" because have a Terrae freezie that behaves the same way. It doesn't sit with the other freezies, it's off in the middle of my adults for no discernable reason. (Edit: the other two freezies are also in the middle of the adults, but not near the one loner. Sigh.)

With the Terrae it may have to do with their egg types. Not sure about the SA tho'.

I figured it was some kind of glitch, never would've guessed it's random and not hatchie-related though. I wonder what triggers it.

Thanks for answering ^^

With the Terrae it may have to do with their egg types. Not sure about the SA tho'.

Maybe the wing colors? (just for the record, mine are Gold)

Edited by Isuzu

Each wing color has its own file name, so I will say yes to that sorting.