TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Well there is still hope for a re-draw for those who don't confirm there prize with TJ..one can hope right. tongue.gif

Indeed, lol. Never hurts to have a little hope. Though I do feel kinda bad for winners who miss out. :3

i just realized something that made me feel immensely better about not winning any prize dragons.

1. now i have a legitimate chance at getting that 2nd gen Gold Shimmer i want to complete my collection, and possibly getting 2nd gen tinsels after all this time.

2. it doesn't matter if i have a rare CB dragon, because unlike the majority of users on DC, i actually have a real live dragon to care for and love me.

so lots of love to my little beardie dragon Gypsy, who is more precious to me than all the CB Golds, Shimmers, Neglecteds AND Hollies, and who is currently cuddling with me after a nice warm bath.

user posted image

Aww, he's so CUTE wub.gif

*strokes Gypsy's back*

Okay, winners, how did so many of you already choose and submit your codes? I have had one full day of dithering and second guessing and mind changing already and I'm looking forward to another one tomorrow. I can't even decide if I want it to be a boy or a girl, or if I want to use the code as its name or give it an additional name, or if I want to base it on a character or a real person or make up a new personality for it... I deliberately didn't plan any of this stuff in advance because I didn't want to get my hopes up, and now, well. Huh. Um.

(For context, I have the flu and have been stuck at home for a while, so spending a day on the couch dithering about shimmer names is the most fun I've had all week. Thanks, DC. wink.gif)

Aww, he's so CUTE  wub.gif

*strokes Gypsy's back* 

she actually. xd.png but she is. and she's very good with people...the little ham will even pose for pictures. xd.png

but she's my dragon, and how many people playing DC can say they actually own a literal dragon?? ^^

Edited by CrystalSetsuna

Okay, winners, how did so many of you already choose and submit your codes? I have had one full day of dithering and second guessing and mind changing already and I'm looking forward to another one tomorrow. I can't even decide if I want it to be a boy or a girl, or if I want to use the code as its name or give it an additional name, or if I want to base it on a character or a real person or make up a new personality for it... I deliberately didn't plan any of this stuff in advance because I didn't want to get my hopes up, and now, well. Huh. Um.

Haha I think a lot of people have had codes and names planned (often in multiple - just in case!) for several years tongue.gif

*Looks at list of codes/names/mates names on my spread sheet*

she actually. xd.png but she is. and she's very good with people...the little ham will even pose for pictures. xd.png

but she's my dragon, and how many people playing DC can say they actually own a literal dragon?? ^^

She is so cute!!!

So sad I live in a dorm and we are not allowed to have any kind of pets sad.gif

(For context, I have the flu and have been stuck at home for a while, so spending a day on the couch dithering about shimmer names is the most fun I've had all week. Thanks, DC. wink.gif)

i already submitted my code, planning on naming it Black Stallion after it grows up or more preferably horse if i can get into contact with the owner of the name. rolleyes.gif

i'm very happy i got the code Horse, i like horses a lot!

Congratulations to all of the newly announced winners! Reposting this advice again for those who haven't seen it yet. Also, you may want to check out the CB Prize Owners' Guide by Amazon Warrior in the discussion section. smile.gif

By the way....

A WARNING TO EVERYONE (Yes, non-prize winners too)

The week that the prizes are sent out, everyone and their mother is going to be clicking every single prize egg in hatcheries. Every. Single. One.

Hundreds of times.

Prize winners' CBs will be safe from sickness... NO OTHER EGGS WILL. This ALSO includes the non-CB prizes of winners, so for the sake of shiny little eggs, please keep your babies safe. They WILL get viewbombed that week, and probably the week after too. So be very careful when adding eggs to hatcheries.

People will be hunting down the codes of the CB eggs, trying to compile lists of the winners.

Let's keep the fatalities low, people!

oh, that reminds me:

ANOTHER WARNING TO PRIZE OWNERS:

The closer you are to first place, (along with the more public you go,) the more your prize will be watched like a hawk.

Your first 2G egg will most likely get viewbombed. Keep a close eye on it and don't post it in the forums until it's grown up.

ALSO:  Keep names of any people you gift to or trade with PRIVATE!  Or they may find themselves hassled and viewbombed, too.  :/

I literally sat there and had the perfect code picked out, went to type it in and then went on to find out that my typing ended at the fifth letter. Someone didn't read that they needed five letters. So all my code ideas were six and they were all going to be names or ideas for background/clever ideas.

Then I went back and forth for a while, had to choose my code, settled on it and submitted on it. I was happy. Tj responds that the page was in error and now who sees all the clever ideas and thinks they should have waited?

*points to self*

Nah I chose mine on my eccentric taste, trying to be clever. It's simple and I wanted it to be elegant while conveying something/ actually meaning something in five letters without being complete out there. It also had to be in five letters which was hard but I needed a substantial meaning. You get one chance to make the code, name and description of this dragon mean something so I personally wanted to make it something good.

(Mine ended up meaning one thing, that'll have a name tie in with a description reference as well)

Congrats to the winners!

Things to do before redraw:

-Get some sort of lucky object

-Pray to RNGesus

-Donate to dragon cave

-Stalk this thread and have some luck rub off on you.

I know the backup winners have already been drawn, but meh. Maybe luck goes back in time tongue.gif

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I've been wondering what RNG is? XDDD

Plot twist! Luck is the fate of the world in disguise! tongue.gif

I DO wonder though if my name would be in redraw . . . aw crap, now I'm getting my hopes up again. .___. Here comes round 2 of "Hope Drop" ...except, it hopefully probably won't get as high as my hopes were beforehand =P

EDIT: CrystalSetsuna, what a CUTIE! X3

Edited by Kira-san

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I've been wondering what RNG is? XDDD

Plot twist! Luck is the fate of the world in disguise! tongue.gif

I DO wonder though if my name would be in redraw . . . aw crap, now I'm getting my hopes up again. .___. Here comes round 2 of "Hope Drop" ...except, it hopefully probably won't get as high as my hopes were beforehand =P

RNG = Random number generator c:

RNG = Random number generator c:

Ahh I thought it was something like that, but I wasn't sure. xd.png Thanks for swift and speedy answer!

-Pray to RNGesus

Oh please I've been doing enough of that while playing Fire Emblem! RNGesus can only be nice to me so many times!

I just wanna say again congrats to the winners, and I am the ultimate jelly for your Gold Tinsels, to those of you that won those.

And I want to grabbyhands all of them but I can't. [dramatically falls to knees, crestfallen] Why! ;A;

She is so cute!!!

So sad I live in a dorm and we are not allowed to have any kind of pets sad.gif

Mine doesn't allow them either, but that hasn't stopped me from smuggling mine in for years. Behold Firefly, my Crested Dragon of Doom! >D (W-What do you mean, he's actually a crested gecko? Nonsense! Next you'll say my Leopard Dragon of Swift Death and my Cat Dragon of Fluffiness are a leopard gecko and a cat, sheesh!)

I also have a dog, but... he is too derp to be draconic in the slightest. xd.png

user posted image

My original code ideas were pretty lame, honestly. I'm glad they didn't get saved because of the glitch.

After that, I wasn't sure what to pick. There are so many choices! Words, dates, initials... the possibilities really are endless! My #1 dream code wouldn't fit a Silver at all, so although it sucked to pass it by I picked a different one. This code I chose because its an interest that's been on my mind lately. I think it'll fit a Silver very well and I really hope I get it! It works for both genders, as both a name or just a code/nickname, and isn't tied to anything too specific. It should be flexible enough to work with whatever I decide as far as naming goes.

Funnily enough I saw someone mention that exact code later, but not in the context of a winner choosing their prize. Hopefully no one saw it and got inspired.

I don't have a beardie, but I do have a leo and a crestie. <3 Herps are love!

Was never able to own a lizard growing up. Just cats... and dogs... and, well, I can't afford one now. Boooo... love herps. sad.gif

I don't have a beardie, but I do have a leo and a crestie. <3 Herps are love!

Yesss, and geckoes are among the cutest herps of all! xd.png

I'm also a big sucker for pacman frogs, dumpy treefrogs, and fire bellied toads <3

Yesss, and geckoes are among the cutest herps of all! xd.png

I'm also a big sucker for pacman frogs, dumpy treefrogs, and fire bellied toads <3

..THAT'S IT!

NEXT YEAR: PRIZE FROG DRAGON.

see what i meant? living pet dragons help soothe the pain of not winning a pixel online dragon. xd.png

BEARDED DRAGONS SPREAD HAPPINESS!

Didn't get anything, but I kinda expected it.

Oh welp, congrats to all the winners. 8D Back to stalking the cave for CB metals. Though I never expect to get any of those, either. xd.png

Edited by Beldarius

Should I reveal to everyone the code I chose? Should I? Should I?

Nope I won't 8D

Im still a little smidgen unsure if I actually want to use any of my 2nd gens to trade for rare dragons... but my initial goal was to gift. So gift it shall be! Oh I could be so absolutely missing out on the opportunity to have a CB or pretty lineaged Neglected (like that's the only current breed I'm missing now) but darnit, the urge to share is just too strong!

Should I reveal to everyone the code I chose? Should I? Should I?

Nope I won't 8D

Im still a little smidgen unsure if I actually want to use any of my 2nd gens to trade for rare dragons... but my initial goal was to gift. So gift it shall be! Oh I could be so absolutely missing out on the opportunity to have a CB or pretty lineaged Neglected (like that's the only current breed I'm missing now) but darnit, the urge to share is just too strong!

You could gift *and* arrange IOU's for a few CBs or that pretty neglected. wink.gif

I've been playing for seven years too smile.gif (also a 2008 user) I have been around for every single raffle and completed them to full as well and didn't happen to win any of them until this one. It's all up to chance and I guess lady luck decided to smile on me. Don't be discouraged guys. Who knows next year could be your year. There is always the re-draw too. Nearly every year there are a few people who never claim. You never know! smile.gif

Thank you for saying this better than I could. I've been playing since September 2008. I've never won anything before, so this means a lot to me. Especially after all the bad things I've been dealing with in my personal life recently. I feel like karma finally decided to throw me a little something nice.