TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Alarmingly, I agree with you wink.gif and with SolarCat

I'll add my voice in agree ment too.

I have a variety of shimmers but ( so far) NOTHING below third gen.

And guess what? I enjoy having them on my scroll.

A place to swap for lines I don't yet own would be nice.

Are all prize owners greedy, elitist and only interested in trading their 2G babies for other 2G?

Of course not.

Many of them trade for less than that, and many gift their shiny eggs.

I am an example.

I'm not that interested in prize dragons or 2G prizes. My wife wants one and my daughter was somewhat blasé. So that's one person on my list. (My wife also wants a Mistletoe Shimmerkin from a silver shimmer, so I should probably put down two or three for that) That's about all I'm probably ever going to be looking for. "Catching" this was a shock to me. I played the game because I wanted to read the rest of the storyline more quickly, not to get a ticket for a prize.

But I know that there will be a whole passel of people wanting them. Why not share them out there? I believe there are more people more like I am than those that will hoard.

I think a Prize trading thread for prizes only would be fine.

I think that once you win a prize, you shouldn't be allowed to win another.

Well, not to sound rude of course, but...well...wouldn't any beef about it be each individual's own personal problem? Why would it have to be a Prize winner's problem if they want 2nd gen trades? If they want 2nd gen swaps, they want 2nd gen swaps, and that's that. People can't begrudge them that. They're obviously going to want that...they'll want to make lineages, now they have a much better chance to do that and they'll understandably go for it. And who wouldn't? We're all in agreement that Prize winners do as they like...and if they'd like a thread to trade Prize eggs of whatever gen, well, shouldn't they have that option?

Just because a thread like that might come into being doesn't mean that Prize winners aren't going to be willing to trade for other things or gift...in fact, I'm sure most of them would be very willing.

I'll be honest, if I won a Prize I would want a thread to trade blood swaps where I could easily find others willing to trade Prize eggs. Sure, I'd gift, but I'd look out for number one first and get what I need for myself and my lineages before I did anything else. Call me selfish. At least I'm honest. smile.gif And no, I wouldn't feel guilty at all.

Funny, you've had no issues with being rude to me in the past.

Yes, it's down to the individual concerned. But I also agree with Fiona's post, and don't particularly support anything that would foster a "them vs. us" scenario - the forums are antsy enough about Prizes without that.

Not at all interested in what the newest winners want to do lol. The thread people suggest sounds fine enough , but I'm neutral. Also probably biased because of Logic.

Speaking of, good luck with view moving your babies x3

Yes, it's down to the individual concerned. But I also agree with Fiona's post, and don't particularly support anything that would foster a "them vs. us" scenario - the forums are antsy enough about Prizes without that.

I would also add to Amazon Warrior's remark that while an individual's beef with it WOULD, indeed, be their personal problem to deal with... if enough individuals had a beef with it, then it becomes a bigger problem.

A thread for prizes only would be ok in my book. Take them out of the metallics and the rares threads and have a thread just for prizes. That would allow people to trade their 8th gen messy tinsels and shimmers as well as 2nd gen 2015 shimmers and tinsels. That's not excluding anyone, and people would know they need to up the ante if they want to trade for prizes vs, oh, someone wanting to trade a CB gold wyvern they accidentally clicked but gets no trade offers because the trade happens to be right after a post where someone's trying to trade a 3rd gen gold shimmer. dry.gif

Funny, you've had no issues with being rude to me in the past.

Now, now...let's not talk about bygones! It might bring out my evil side and we don't want that, now do we? smile.gif

Now, now...let's not talk about bygones! It might bring out my evil side and we don't want that, now do we? smile.gif

Not my problem if you have self control issues. *shrug*

-removed, please just use the report button if you believe a thread is getting rude etc-

As an aside, I would love a prizeonly trade thread that's open to -all- generations. smile.gif I think it would be rather helpful!

Edited by rubyshoes

Take chat to PMs please. There is no need to snipe at each other. Suggestions should also be moved to the suggestion forum. Edited by rubyshoes

Closing. TJ might reopen or just make a new thread if needed for prize announcements.

Some threads of interest:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=157843 CB Prizes: A User Guide, Advice and tips for raffle winners

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=126734 Congrats thread

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=147040 Trading Harassment thread

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=166121 Prize breeding thread

http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle - thread to check if you are a winner

Edited by rubyshoes