TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Quoting in case people haven't seen it.

And here are recolored badges that I'm okay with winners using in their signatures. Feel free to add text.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Those are so cute. But isn't it fairly common for the badge of a Christmas event to be associated with that years raffle?

Quoting in case people haven't seen it.

And here are recolored badges that I'm okay with winners using in their signatures. Feel free to add text.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Awesome, thanks TCA!

That being said, fixed badges:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sorry for the issue, I forgot who made the sprite. ^^

Ashikara: Yeah, but I don't want the vanilla version used in "loser" badges.

That includes your signature.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Sansa? That's very pretty, I hope you get it. smile.gif

Yep so do I.

I keep worrying now that I misspelt it. Really hope I didn't. It would be amusing but it would also suck.

Edited by Cireth

@TCA- Those recolored badges are pretty!

Posting this advice here again for new winners. Who has the links for people to check the guide and if they won? Not sure if it second link is still needed, but it may be useful. smile.gif

By the way....

A WARNING TO EVERYONE (Yes, non-prize winners too)

The week that the prizes are sent out, everyone and their mother is going to be clicking every single prize egg in hatcheries. Every. Single. One.

Hundreds of times.

Prize winners' CBs will be safe from sickness... NO OTHER EGGS WILL. This ALSO includes the non-CB prizes of winners, so for the sake of shiny little eggs, please keep your babies safe. They WILL get viewbombed that week, and probably the week after too. So be very careful when adding eggs to hatcheries.

People will be hunting down the codes of the CB eggs, trying to compile lists of the winners.

Let's keep the fatalities low, people!

oh, that reminds me:

ANOTHER WARNING TO PRIZE OWNERS:

The closer you are to first place, (along with the more public you go,) the more your prize will be watched like a hawk.

Your first 2G egg will most likely get viewbombed. Keep a close eye on it and don't post it in the forums until it's grown up.

ALSO:  Keep names of any people you gift to or trade with PRIVATE!  Or they may find themselves hassled and viewbombed, too.  :/

Hey~ Congrats to all the winners xd.png Disappointed I didn't win, but oh well... Maybe next year am i right?

I don't really care for the "loser" thing people are putting in their sigs. Of course, people's sigs are their own to do what they want (within site regs) but the whole branding yourself a "loser" sits poorly with me. I don't feel like a loser even though I didn't win the raffle. I just feel like I participated but didn't win.

Yeah, this... I don't feel like a loser either. I feel wonderful that this raffle has gone so well so far! It's so refreshing! Because of that alone, the whole site won something just as valuable, imo, as the prize eggs! lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

By the way...

A WARNING TO EVERYONE (Yes, non-prize winners too)

The week that the prizes are sent out, everyone and their mother is going to be clicking every single prize egg in hatcheries. Every. Single. One.

Hundreds of times.

Prize winners' CBs will be safe from sickness... NO OTHER EGGS WILL. This ALSO includes the non-CB prizes of winners, so for the sake of shiny little eggs, please keep your babies safe. They WILL get viewbombed that week, and probably the week after too. So be very careful when adding eggs to hatcheries.

People will be hunting down the codes of the CB eggs, trying to compile lists of the winners.

Let's keep the fatalities low, people!

View bombing, accidental or not, is why I wish I could fog eggs and hatchlings for the people I occasionally scroll sit for.

Nothing's been sick when I've been on scroll sitting duty so far but if anything did get sick I'd fret about not being able to do anything about it.

Edited by Cireth

I should have figured I wouldn't win. But alas, congrats to the other winners!

Congrats to all the winners biggrin.gif I once again did not get a prize. Well there is a slight chance I did get listed on the backup list so one never knows.

I'm excited to see so many more winners this year, and to discover that both Shimmer and Tinsel dragons are going out! Congrats to all the winners!!

I have a quick question - does anyone know offhand how many *total* CB Tinsels and Shimmers will be in DC, after this year's prizes go out? I'm curious to know if there will be equal number CB Shimmers and Tinsels after this year is distributed, or if there will be more of one than the other.

Edit: Forgot that Tins and Shimmers went out last year too. Still, it's a good thing and glad to see it continued. Also, thanks to Prince_Xanthius for doing the maths and satisfying my curiosity ^.^

Edited by jerusha

I'm excited to see so many more winners this year, and to discover that both Shimmer and Tinsel dragons are going out!  Congrats to all the winners!!  

I have a quick question - does anyone know offhand how many *total* CB Tinsels and Shimmers will be in DC, after this year's prizes go out?  I'm curious to know if there will be equal number CB Shimmers and Tinsels after this year is distributed, or if there will be more of one than the other.

I believe they are equal, barring previous winners who downgraded to HM; certainly they should be pretty close to the same as the first year of shimmers matched the number of tinsels already given, and since then each year has handed out equal numbers shimmers vs tinsels

Here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Prize_dragon

Gives you a list. So about

70 Golds of Each

140 Silvers

210 Bronze

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Alas, not a winner this year. Would have made an amazing birthday surprise, but can't say I'm shocked xd.png~

Congrats to everyone who won, and good luck to everyone who collects the prize babbins!

Alas, not a winner this year. Would have made an amazing birthday surprise, but can't say I'm shocked xd.png~

Congrats to everyone who won, and good luck to everyone who collects the prize babbins!

Happy birthday!

I always count the v-day dragon as my birthday present. laugh.gif

Thanks for the winner's badge. It took a bit of negotiating with the sig page to get it to work (silly page), but it's all good now. smile.gif

Okay, so I switched doors and got a goat driving a car. Did I win? Revenge of the joke from 50 pages ago!

Congrats to all prize winners! I'll see you as you sleep, from outside your window in the trading pages! wink.gif

TCA, those are really cute little recolored badge things for the winners to use if they choose.

I don't really care for the "loser" thing people are putting in their sigs. Of course, people's sigs are their own to do what they want (within site regs) but the whole branding yourself a "loser" sits poorly with me. I don't feel like a loser even though I didn't win the raffle. I just feel like I participated but didn't win.

But... that means you lost. In the context of the raffle specifically, you, I, and they ARE losers. It's not self-deprecating to simply state a fact IMO. I get where you're coming from but I think you're reading a bit too much into it. It's not a PERSONAL declaration of "being a loser" in a general sense.

Congratulations to all that did win. I didn't, but then I didn't expect to. It is odd though. I had no thoughts of winning but then after my dog just passed (just over a week ago) I had some hope of winning and being able to commemorate her by the code and name of the prize. It was a thought that popped into my head unbidden. But alas, it's not my year. Anyway, congrats everyone. I hope your prizes bring you much joy and are fruitful for you all.

TCA, those are really cute little recolored badge things for the winners to use if they choose.

That was what I felt when I saw the initial loser badge. It feels negative, and I sort of see it as trying to guilt the winners. I dunno, as you say, what people do with their sigs is their own, but I sure as the pit don't feel like a loser. I feel happy there are more prizes given out <3

Is it because people say "Eastern" or "Western"? Or is it the "1st" "2nd" and "3rd" place that confuses you? Eastern and Western is just to describe what type of dragon you won, Tinsels are westerns and shimmers are easterns. Western dragons are like Horses, Heartseekers, Golds, etc. Easterns are like Silvers (there's more but I forgot which ones, there's only a few xd.png). Basically the main difference is that Easterns don't have wings, unlike Westerns. It's kinda like "nationality". Wyverns, pygmies, etc.

1st place would reference to gold, 2nd silver, 3rd bronze. So if someone said 2nd place Eastern then they've won a Silver Shimmerscale. If they said 2nd place Western then they won a Silver Tinsel.

smile.gif

The Easterns are a sort of stylized Chinese-style dragon. The Westerns are closer to a Welsh or English dragon. That's where the names come from. Traditionally, China = East and UK/Europe = West.

Spot on about the dragon colors though.

I knew it was the same dragons and was very excited because with 600 more Gen 1s in circulation with current users, it'll be slightly easier to get 2Gs for a while, even with me not winning a 1. I hope.

Congratulations to all the winners!!!! enjoy your new babies!, for the rest of us, well, there is next Christmas right?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Congratulations to all that did win. I didn't, but then I didn't expect to. It is odd though. I had no thoughts of winning but then after my dog just passed (just over a week ago) I had some hope of winning and being able to commemorate her by the code and name of the prize. It was a thought that popped into my head unbidden. But alas, it's not my year. Anyway, congrats everyone. I hope your prizes bring you much joy and are fruitful for you all.

I'm sorry about your dog. sad.gif

I may have lost, but I'm no loser! Muhahaa! Congrats everyone!! It was a lot of fun sitting and hoping I might get one too, but alas twas not me luck. So I had like a 2 second poor me party. That was boring, but I can't wait to see all the nifty names and codes.