TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Thanks for the suggestions everyone smile.gif

I think I'll go with Ice and Solstice mostly.

Wow, that's lucky! When I try, my efforts usually resemble this.

It was. I also did it right when Frosties first came out, and was fully expecting a fail. You can see why the line doesn't go very far with the shiny laugh.gif

Best surprise ever to see that I won a pretty 3rd prize biggrin.gif I had changed my old email to my new one but it still sent to my old email for some reason. I'm so thankful I decided to check my old one just in case  xd.png

Congratulations to you and all other winners biggrin.gif

You might want to check this thread:

CB Prizes: A User Guide, Advice and tips for raffle winners

I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but I'm trying to figure out affordable prices to offer 2G shimmers at for people who do not yet have a 2G and figured I'd poll this thread. How many of you that cannot catch CB metals are able to catch trio's? I need a few for breeding purposes, but do not want to close anyone with a slower connection out. The other offers I'm planning on accepting, for reference, are pink/red hatchlings (8 of them) and CB crimson flare hatchlings (16 maybe?). Would 4 trio's be doable for most of the site if given sufficient time to find them? Dragons will rotate in and out as I get what I need for various projects and the first slot(s) will probably open some time in March after I've done a personal breeding or two and knocked an IOU or two off my list. The mates will be limited to holidays, frills (if it genders male and they don't refuse) or rares (gold, silver and trio) as I'd prefer to keep the list moving. Are those terms fair, do you think?

I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but I'm trying to figure out affordable prices to offer 2G shimmers at for people who do not yet have a 2G and figured I'd poll this thread.  How many of you that cannot catch CB metals are able to catch trio's?  I need a few for breeding purposes, but do not want to close anyone with a slower connection out.  The other offers I'm planning on accepting, for reference, are pink/red hatchlings (8 of them) and CB crimson flare hatchlings (16 maybe?).  Would 4 trio's be doable for most of the site if given sufficient time to find them?  Dragons will rotate in and out as I get what I need for various projects and the first slot(s) will probably open some time in March after I've done a personal breeding or two and knocked an IOU or two off my list.  The mates will be limited to holidays, frills (if it genders male and they don't refuse) or rares (gold, silver and trio) as I'd prefer to keep the list moving.  Are those terms fair, do you think?

Personally I would say do not set specific offers, let people offer what they feel they can afford. If you really want to have set offers I would say set it towards what you need/want. If you have no specific need then just randomly set it to anything available in the cave.

[EDIT]

Off topic as well but:

So due to some requesting, if anyone wants a breed specific winner badge here you go~

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by AnanoKimi

Personally I would say do not set specific offers, let people offer what they feel they can afford. If you really want to have set offers I would say set it towards what you need/want. If you have no specific need then just randomly set it to anything available in the cave.

[EDIT]

Off topic as well but:

So due to some requesting, if anyone wants a breed specific winner badge here you go~

ohmy.gif

Lovely and awesome badges!

-Uses one-

That's a good idea, thank you! I didn't think of that. smile.gif I think I'll leave anything above trio rarity off limits though. (And leave trio's on just because I breed them a lot and always need more)

Edited by Ponie

I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but I'm trying to figure out affordable prices to offer 2G shimmers at for people who do not yet have a 2G and figured I'd poll this thread.  How many of you that cannot catch CB metals are able to catch trio's?  I need a few for breeding purposes, but do not want to close anyone with a slower connection out.  The other offers I'm planning on accepting, for reference, are pink/red hatchlings (8 of them) and CB crimson flare hatchlings (16 maybe?).  Would 4 trio's be doable for most of the site if given sufficient time to find them?  Dragons will rotate in and out as I get what I need for various projects and the first slot(s) will probably open some time in March after I've done a personal breeding or two and knocked an IOU or two off my list.  The mates will be limited to holidays, frills (if it genders male and they don't refuse) or rares (gold, silver and trio) as I'd prefer to keep the list moving.  Are those terms fair, do you think?

I always tend to struggle with even trios. I do get them, but I have caught 6 CB total in the past 4 years, and 2 of those are very recent (like just hatched recent) because I have more time than I usually do to stalk. Now, I may be a particularly poor/sporadic catcher, but 4 CB trios would be difficult. I think I would consider it doable IF I had plenty (and I mean plenty) of time to hunt, but it would be difficult, and probably not something I would accept as an IOU for fear I could not fulfil it.

Other than that I agree with AnanoKimi and be careful about setting things (at least publically) you'll accept because people will be prone to consider it their right to get an egg if they offer you one of those prices. "You said it would cost 8 pinks, I sent you 8 pinks, now where's my egg" Privately arranged prices like that would be fine, or stated on a public trade for a specific egg (and so tailored to what you need at the time) but to have a public pricing strikes me as...not great idea

/he says confidently, with his zero experience in the matter.

I may be wrong but I just think it is best to know what you would accept, but not publically say it except in individual circumstances

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

I always tend to struggle with even trios. I do get them, but I think I have 6-8 CB total in the past 4 years, and 2 of those are very recent (like just hatched recent) because I have more time than I usually do to stalk. Now, I may be a particularly poor/sporadic catcher, but 4 CB trios would be difficult. I think I would consider it doable IF I had plenty (and I mean plenty) of time to hunt, but it would be difficult, and probably not something I would accept as an IOU for fear I could not fulfil it.

Other than that I agree with AnanoKimi and be careful about setting things (at least publically) you'll accept because people will be prone to consider it their right to get an egg if they offer you one of those prices. "You said it would cost 8 pinks, I sent you 8 pinks, now where's my egg" Privately arranged prices like that would be fine, or stated on a public trade for a specific egg (and so tailored to what you need at the time) but to have a public pricing strikes me as...not great idea

/he says confidently, with his zero experience in the matter.

I may be wrong but I just think it is best to know what you would accept, but not publically say it except in individual circumstances

That's also good advice, especially as these aren't my "standard" prices. They're intended to give people who couldn't afford 2G's normally a break. happy.gif If someone has a scroll full of 2G's, I'm still happy to trade, but I'm probably going to ask for something more expensive as they can trade 3G's or breed me 3G's.

And thank you for letting me know! That was why I was asking. I never found them hard to catch but if some people do I won't request them, as I want it to be first-come-first-serve, lend me your slots for a few days and get your egg, not a prolonged and stressful obligation

Edited by Ponie

Thanks TJ!

....well....I need to wait another next year.... sad.gif

I wonder will members like me who had been here near 5 years can get more chances to win? rolleyes.gif

Thanks TJ!

I wonder will members like me who had been here near 5 years can get more chances to win? rolleyes.gif

Its not about how long you've been playing but that lady luck smiles upon your name when the RGN starts to pick ;D

Congrats to the winners and have fun with your prize! biggrin.gif

I'm not actually disappointed; it's only my first year anyways, hehe. :3

Its not about how long you've been playing but that lady luck smiles upon your name when the RGN starts to pick ;D

RNG just so you know! xd.png

Also, I have been lucky to get what I got last year! I, again, say congratulations to the winners! I am hoping you all find trading and breeding fun this year!

RNG just so you know! xd.png

Also, I have been lucky to get what I got last year! I, again, say congratulations to the winners! I am hoping you all find trading and breeding fun this year!

Ah right right, I always remember those things wrong xd.png

Also if you would like to sport a spiffy badge for you win :3

I think I might settle for a Royal Crimson as a lifetime mate? The red and silver do look good together. Hopefully it won't be too difficult getting a Tinsel egg from them :'D RCs are uncommon though so I think it should be ok?

@AnanoKimi

Whoops, I should of said Christmas dragons! Oops!

@ rampaging wyvern

That sounds beautiful! Good luck on breeding!

Thanks TJ!

Yeah I do to, and then you see those winners who started playing like yesterday. ^^'

haha no, everyone totally deserves it.

Anyways if I had won I couldn't decide if I kept it as a secret or not. I would hate everyone pmming me and asking for eggs, I would just feel guilty to not give the eggs to those who didn't win :-D So I maybe would keep it as a secret, wait a while to see what other people get from their 2nd gens, and then do some trades. After that I would just quietly gift them to nice people.

Thanks TJ!

I wonder will members like me who had been here near 5 years can get more chances to win?  rolleyes.gif

I've been here since '08 and I barely squeaked in. I figure I was #300 on the Tinsel side! xd.png

Yes, I did win! I was shocked, surprised and thrilled to tears and had no one to tell. I let it sink in for a few days before letting the cat out of the bag.

The lowest gen Tinsel or Shimmer I have is a 4th gen, both types. One I traded a CB Silver for (the last one I ever caught) and the other I got off the ap. I will be trading for things I need/don't have, but I will also be gifting down the line. I am a former mod of TGT, so it's really in my blood to gift.

I don't know if I will choose male or female or even what really goes best with a Bronze Tinsel. I'm thrilled I got a Bronze Tinsel. Bronze/Silver Tinsels and Shimmers are my favorites, though I do lean toward the Eastern type dragons.

There is still hope for us "oldsters" who have been around forever and have had to watch newer members win a lot the prizes. So hang in there! You never know when your name will be drawn. After all this time, mine was!!! I am still in shock over it!!

eta: @AnanoKimi ~ Thank you for the badge! smile.gif

Edited by buckskinmist

I think I might settle for a Royal Crimson as a lifetime mate? The red and silver do look good together. Hopefully it won't be too difficult getting a Tinsel egg from them :'D RCs are uncommon though so I think it should be ok?

I wouldn't recommend that - they do indeed look lovely together, but Royal Crimsons are dirt common and it will be close to impossible to get a shiny out of that pairing. For experimenting, it could be nice, but I'd not choose a RC as a lifemate for a tinsel. What about red coppers? They're not as red as crimsons, but still a lovely sprite and they'll reliably produce shinies. At least the males also look good pose-wise with tinsels.

I would say:

Just trying out a lot of Royal Crimsons. laugh.gif There must exist a Royal Crimson on your scroll now or in the future who will breed a lot of shinies.

And if he/she starts a row of Royal Crimson eggs than go back to another mate.

Edited by Tigerkralle

People can say RCs are uncommon if they like, but the scores of nightmare stories I've seen regarding trying to breed just about anything that's not an RC from them... ;___;u

Worst comes to worst, I really like red Coppers with silver Tinsels as well.