TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Coppers go with everything!

*totally not prejudiced towards her copper babies or anything* tongue.gif

Glad to hear of your win BuckskinMist. Still waiting for the winning mode to look my way though.

Personally I would say do not set specific offers, let people offer what they feel they can afford. If you really want to have set offers I would say set it towards what you need/want. If you have no specific need then just randomly set it to anything available in the cave.

[EDIT]

Off topic as well but:

So due to some requesting, if anyone wants a breed specific winner badge here you go~

user posted imageuser posted image

Wow those are lovely! So going to put one of them in my signature now!

I have a question, just because I'm waffling a bit:

Anyone have any ideas about what might look good paired with a bronze shimmerscale?

I'm going to influence it female (unless there's some fabulous breed that might look good with her that is female) and I just can't figure out what pairs nicely with the bronze.

Wow those are lovely! So going to put one of them in my signature now!

I have a question, just because I'm waffling a bit:

Anyone have any ideas about what might look good paired with a bronze shimmerscale?

I'm going to influence it female (unless there's some fabulous breed that might look good with her that is female) and I just can't figure out what pairs nicely with the bronze.

From the lines I have... spring? But generally I'm very biased towards Seasonals and will like any line with them, LOL.

Apart from those, I think female green coppers are pretty too.

From the lines I have... spring? But generally I'm very biased towards Seasonals and will like any line with them, LOL.

Apart from those, I think female green coppers are pretty too.

The one Bronze I have is paired with Golden Wyverns. Her link is here if you want to see it.

Edited by dragontamer44722

I think there are more things that look nice with male Shimmers (Sunsongs, Coppers, Silvers, etc), but some of those still look really good with females as well. smile.gif

Sunsongs

Luminas (be prepared to breed 30948734734 fails for every shiny with these guys, though e___e !)

Gold Wyverns and Coppers look awesome too (and breed well!) but I don't have examples of the latter. xd.png

Crimsons and Deep Seas look good too, but also fall into the "you will get a bajillion fails" category.

Edit: iirc correctly, you've decided to make a trade list, right? If so, I'll throw out a suggestion: if you breed for a certain amount of time and only get fails (two weeks, a month, however long you want), try temporarily trying the next person on the list for a little while before alternating back to the first person. That way, if someone DOES pick a super common breed, you can keep working on their request while also helping to ensure the line doesn't get backlogged for months on end.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I saw a few pages back that people were wondering what their new second gens lines could possibly go for, if they were trying to keep them affordable for players who cant pay out metals. I couldnt find the original comment to quote but here is my thought.:

Nearly all of the lines I have collected were obtained purely by trading cb hatchys, some common, some not as common. two of them were straight swaps for third gen lines I could breed. I got to a point with my own lines where I just told people "whatever you think is fair" and if people offered cb metals, i just handed the metals off to people who had none. If you are looking for suggestions for ways to encourage people to only get what they can afford, suggest that users look through your scroll to see what kinds of dragons you are missing (for example, I have very few pyrals from certain biomes). You end up with something you dont have, they end up with something they dont have, and your profit ends up being the feeling of knowing you helped make someones day.

Its nice to see so many winners out there that are wanting to help spread them around at not so insane prices. I think so many new ones is going to be an interesting change to the economy around here.

Balloons look best with Silver tins and gold shimmers in my mind tongue.gif

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2s97lo5.jpg <~~linky for proofs tongue.gif

Edited by Thuban

I wouldn't recommend that - they do indeed look lovely together, but Royal Crimsons are dirt common and it will be close to impossible to get a shiny out of that pairing.

This. Unfortunately. sad.gif I've already seen a lot of CB prize owners that tried to breed their shiny to a RC, but didn't breed but fails for MONTHS. And IF their shinies did breed true, then these 2nd gens had the same problems - and of course their offsprings as well...

Though I don't want to prevent you from trying. Perhaps you have more luck with your prize?

Well my second gen Bronze Shimmer x Royal Crimson gave me Shimmers the first two weeks I bred her. So it's really just about being lucky. Now I'll probably not have another shiny egg for months.

I sort of feel like the yearly ratios might have reset recently; some of my more stubborn pairings have lately begun breeding better (4 Silver Tinsels from Ridgewing in a row!) while ones that previously yielded nothing but fails have at least turned to no interests. Here's hoping both our luck lasts... xd.png

(Especially because Royal Crimsons ARE so darn pretty. I'd breed them way more if only they behaved better with other breeds! ;___; )

I sort of feel like the yearly ratios might have reset recently; some of my more stubborn pairings have lately begun breeding better (4 Silver Tinsels from Ridgewing in a row!) while ones that previously yielded nothing but fails have at least turned to no interests. Here's hoping both our luck lasts... xd.png

(Especially because Royal Crimsons ARE so darn pretty. I'd breed them way more if only they behaved better with other breeds! ;___; )

I feel like mine got even more stubborn compared to last year haha. rolleyes.gif Oh well maybe my luck will change.

shadowfighter suggested this:

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...ate=Satan&style[border]=n

I like it. I'll definitely be breeding my bronze shimmer with my Desipis. smile.gif I'm also collecting Moonstones to breed her with after I've also bred her with my GWs.

I do mean to trade for CB Metals and Trios, after I've glomped my friends and got my own Second Gens, but only until I have what I need for the breeding projects I want to do.

Once I have the Metals and Trios I need I'll go glomping people like me who are never fast enough to catch CB Rares except by luck. biggrin.gif

Edited by Cireth

I apologize if this is slightly off topic, but I'm trying to figure out affordable prices to offer 2G shimmers at for people who do not yet have a 2G and figured I'd poll this thread. How many of you that cannot catch CB metals are able to catch trio's? I need a few for breeding purposes, but do not want to close anyone with a slower connection out. The other offers I'm planning on accepting, for reference, are pink/red hatchlings (8 of them) and CB crimson flare hatchlings (16 maybe?). Would 4 trio's be doable for most of the site if given sufficient time to find them? Dragons will rotate in and out as I get what I need for various projects and the first slot(s) will probably open some time in March after I've done a personal breeding or two and knocked an IOU or two off my list. The mates will be limited to holidays, frills (if it genders male and they don't refuse) or rares (gold, silver and trio) as I'd prefer to keep the list moving. Are those terms fair, do you think?

Sometimes it's a matter of a couple of trades to get from point A to point B, Maybe a person can't easily get trios, but they might be able catch new release eggs and trade some of those for a CB trio or two. Most people can work their way up with a bit of effort.

I'd say the first thing to do is decide what you need yourself and get that. Unless your scroll goal is a couple hundred CB metals, you will probably get those accomplished pretty easily. tongue.gif

Given the mates you picked, you should have pretty good luck getting shinies. My boy breeds readily enough, just not the right egg most of the time. Then again people tend to want common mates...

For all you prize owners out there, do you plan to influence your prize male or female?

I'll influence mail... because Mistletoes and Solszices are female, and I really want shiny Babies from my Silver Tinsel with both of them^^ Perhaps with Arsani and Rosebud too... yes I love Holiday lineages^^ Other than that I'll perhaps try Fever, but they will produce zillion of fails I fear, and nhiostrife and... don't know yet. Ah, and Almandines for sure.

RC are they so very common? I have a RC/Tidal chequer running and have difficulties getting the RCs I need^^

And thank you for the pretty new badges!

If the users don't reply in two weeks, will TJ go to the runner-ups?

Yes. He already has a pool of replacement winners drawn.

May I ask a question?

Why all the hate for Holiday mates for shimmers and tinsels... some of those pairings are GORGEOUS.

I am not sure I entirely understand why I routinely see 'No holiday mates, please' in prize trrades.

IS It just because not everyone has CB holidays?

(I have a few shimmer lines with Solstices myself that I would LOVE to continue but , alas, have no CBs.)

Edited by Silverswift

RC are they so very common? I have a RC/Tidal chequer running and have difficulties getting the RCs I need^^

I really struggled to breed Reds from RCs for a personal lineage I was doing, certainly. Your issue when breeding RCs with Tidals is that Tidals are even *more* common, if that's possible!

May I ask a question?

Why all the hate for Holiday mates for shimmers and tinsels... some of those pairings are GORGEOUS.

I am not sure I entirely understand why I routinely see 'No holiday mates, please' in prize trrades.

IS It just because not everyone has CB holidays?

(I have a few shimmer lines with Solstices myself that I would LOVE to continue but , alas, have no CBs.)

I think this question may be more for "Question about a trade" thread or something, but yep. Most of the active users now may have Mistletoes, but three years from now only a fraction of the active userbase will have CB Mistletoes, and for most people there's no point trading for a line you can't continue. That said, it's still the winners' prerogative what dragon they want to breed their Prize to, and it is true that most Holiday lines are gorgeous rolleyes.gif

Edited by lazybug