TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Does anyone know how they could check to see eastern/western? Does it say so in the email, or once you've accepted no way to check?

Does anyone know how they could check to see eastern/western? Does it say so in the email, or once you've accepted no way to check?

In the link where we chose our code there was a picture of the dragon we won.

It will generally tell you on the link you click to confirm your prize :3

In the link where we chose our code there was a picture of the dragon we won.

And.. there's no way to check once you've accepted, right? *glares at her friend momentarily* Well, I guess he get's a surprise! biggrin.gif

And.. there's no way to check once you've accepted, right? *glares at her friend momentarily* Well, I guess he get's a surprise! biggrin.gif

Once you've confirmed your choices it will generally show a blank page saying your choices are confirmed and thank you. Then its just a matter of waiting for the egg.

Once you've confirmed your choices it will generally show a blank page saying your choices are confirmed and thank you. Then its just a matter of waiting for the egg.

Thank you.. I got him and his brother into this game, never thought he'd win! He was so excited to win that he.. TBH, really didn't pay attention and doesn't remember. Well.. It'll be interesting to see. Thanks for the help!

Actually the old commons don't breed too bad with shinies, I was surprised that getting a gold from mint was easier than I expected. And prizes breed even better than golds, so prize x pebble could breed better than you think smile.gif

What's the probability of the blue opals, does anyone know? That's what I think I'd like to go with a silver shimmer.

What's the probability of the blue opals, does anyone know? That's what I think I'd like to go with a silver shimmer.

Those are two headed...unfortunately you can't breed those.

Didn't know that, actually! I'd be happy with either breed, considering who the other dragon is and all, but if I get a shimmerscale on the first try, that's even better. BD I might have to give that a try now.

I do not *hate* holiday lines, but I find them difficult. Last year there were so many lines with radiant angels, and I only have two CBs (as everyone else), so juggling them between the different lines was quite the job lol.

Also, I would not like lines with very old holidays or discontinued. You see, many players would not be able to continue a line with vals'09 or frills or hollies ... and guardian of natures, I got a line from bronze tin x GoN and it refused my only female dry.gif

But of course, the owners of the prizes have the last word about the lines they will create smile.gif If I had won, I would have bred it with every possible dragon on my scroll xd.png

I saw a few pages back that people were wondering what their new second gens lines could possibly go for, if they were trying to keep them affordable for players who cant pay out metals. I couldnt find the original comment to quote but here is my thought.:

Nearly all of the lines I have collected were obtained purely by trading cb hatchys, some common, some not as common. two of them were straight swaps for  third gen lines I could breed. I got to a point with my own lines where I just told people "whatever you think is fair" and if people offered cb metals, i just handed the metals off to people who had none. If you are looking for suggestions for ways to encourage people to only get what they can afford,  suggest that users look through your scroll to see what kinds of dragons you are missing (for example, I have very few pyrals from certain biomes). You end up with something you dont have, they end up with something they dont have, and your profit ends up being the feeling of knowing you helped make someones day.

Its nice to see so many winners out there that are wanting to help spread them around at not so insane prices. I think so many new ones is going to be an interesting change to the economy around here.

Balloons look best with Silver tins and gold shimmers in my mind tongue.gif

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2s97lo5.jpg    <~~linky for proofs tongue.gif

Seriously?!? That's a MAJOR improvement from when I left 2 years ago. A 3rd gen was too rich for people without crazy scrolls and a pile of metallics then. Longer gens were a hatchy or two. My 7th gen was like a couple cb common hatchies. I traded a lot for my 5th gen silver tinsel (my favorite color) and my friend (she had a great scroll) and a random gifter (think it was a glomp?) got me 5th gens as gifts. The cost was just starting to ease up when I had to go offline. It's pretty cool that they are more reasonable now.

I was actually talking back then about hoping 4 winners teamed up to make a prize checker, but I was looked at like I was nuts! They were worth too much. Yall should have seen my face when I came back in Nov/Dec, went to the main trade thread, and seen a 3rd gen checker right there on the page from a screen shot. It was a trip. The value shift makes my old ones pretty worthless, but still.

On the mate subject...

Holiday pairings can be pretty, but it's more about what you like. Everybody has to admit that a tinsel holiday checker would be hard to do and turn out all kinds of awesome as long as the mates worked with each others' color pallets. If you want to go for a stair, you can look at the ones that came out after the restrictions were lifted first.

Lots of people like to pair something with something else just because it's rare or what everybody else chooses (like albino or white with Christmas dragons). Not every dragon looks good with silver/gold (prepares for crucifixion) and getting mates for them is an ordeal (rather you have to track down a cb or wait until someone can breed you a silver for a checker mate). You were lucky enough to get a prize dragon and because of that, their mates are completely up to you. Be like VampiricOmen and breed what YOU like best regardless of what's popular (she is literally pairing every holiday she has with Bloodmoon for long term lineages and doesn't care if other people like how they look or not xd.png ) If any winner wants to breed their prize to an odd mate, then they should go for it and God help us if yall decide that mate is a cb Holly. wink.gif

Speaking of odd mates, check this lineage out. It's the drop offspring of one of my silver tinsels. In 5 gens, the tinsel gender swaps at gen 2, gen 1 2 and 4 have black mates, gen 3 has an old pink mate, and gen 5 is a new pink and I love it! I have a cb black that I could have bred him with, but I LOVE the alternating pattern because it's quirky. happy.gif

Edit: forgot to say that Oz is my only spiriter alt offspring, so I adore him all the more happy.gif

Edited by JBluewind

First lineage I plan on breeding and keeping for myself. I think it looks pretty and I happen to have a big love of holiday lines. tongue.gif Depending on when eggs arrive it may either end up a Valentine or a tinsel.

Oh my god that's gorgeous! I'm officially jealous Freddy xd.png

I couldn't tell you which one personally I would want more either, a Valentine or a Tinsel. Either would be perfect lol

Most of the common dragons are not very good mates for Prizes. Falconis are gonna be the death of me I swear. They only breed falconis and I need a prize from that pair and its frustrating and I just wanna smash an egg of those against the wall but their cute so I cant and its not fair >.<

Anyways, any prize winners want a nice badge, head here.

Falconiformes are waaaay better than cassare for me. I have a black x falconiforme line I am working on, and I have managed to get some blacks from them despite having bred less of them than my cassare x black. I have half a million (slight exaggeration) cassares and blacks, and I am trying both male and female combos. No blacks. *Sobs*

Seriously?!? That's a MAJOR improvement from when I left 2 years ago. A 3rd gen was too rich for people without crazy scrolls and a pile of metallics then. Longer gens were a hatchy or two. My 7th gen was like a couple cb common hatchies. I traded a lot for my 5th gen silver tinsel (my favorite color) and my friend (she had a great scroll) and a random gifter (think it was a glomp?) got me 5th gens as gifts. The cost was just starting to ease up when I had to go offline. It's pretty cool that they are more reasonable now.

I'm not sure on this, to be honest. My first third gen was a gift from a very kind person who is DEFINITELY getting something in return from me now. <3 My second I traded for a ton of uncommon hatchies. I got very lucky both times, as they have usually cost me CB silver or gold. That seems to be the going rate right now. It's hard for me to get much for 2nd gen metallics unless the person just happens to be looking for exactly that pair and has something nice. I find I get better trade value for CB seasonals, chickens, unbreedables, and trios than much anything else.

Once I get some 'breeding stock' for myself I hope to be really easy about 3rd gen's. I only have one 2nd gen which was gifted to me only recently by a dear friend of mine. I would never have dreamed of getting one otherwise. I don't want to ask crazy prices but I'd just be happy for my babies to go round. When I trade it's normally only for swaps anyway.

*starts baking fertility crackers for all the winners*

Once I get some 'breeding stock' for myself I hope to be really easy about 3rd gen's. I only have one 2nd gen which was gifted to me only recently by a dear friend of mine. I would never have dreamed of getting one otherwise. I don't want to ask crazy prices but I'd just be happy for my babies to go round. When I trade it's normally only for swaps anyway.

*starts baking fertility crackers for all the winners*

I'm planning the same thing. smile.gif I will probably trade a couple for things I need for lines/mates, but then I'll be giving them away or accepting things like mass hatchies of commons I need for projects (MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PILLOWS FROM AUTUMN X PILLOW oh yes, oh yes!). Basically, I am lazy and am very willing to trade nice dragons to someone willing to do the work for me, even if the trade value is technically really low on their side. xd.png I'll be extra inclined to trade if they don't have any 3rd gen or lower on their scroll already. biggrin.gif

Oh crap!

If a third prize dragon is ever created, I seriously hope it will be a shiny two-headed, pygmy, or drake, so we can make some pretty prize lineages from those breeds as well. :-)

It'll be interesting to see how this huge flood of new prizes affects the trading game. I'm hoping it will make checkerboard prize lineages start to be a little more obtainable. I'm thinking everyone's probably going to stop trading 4th-gens entirely, though, which is too bad for folks like me who've been hoarding them. :-)

I'll be influenzing my Bronze Tinsel as female.  biggrin.gif

Can't decide what to breed her with though.  I'm thinking maybe Silver, Pink Copper, or Golden Wyvern.  Any thoughts?  cool.gif

Frodo will be female?! Now that made me laugh really hard xd.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this as a bad thing. It's no one's business, but yours what you will do with your prize. I just didn't expected it smile.gif

Edited by alliana1

Frodo will be female?! Now that made me laugh really hard xd.png

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this as a bad thing. It's no one's business, but yours what you will do with your prize. I just didn't expected it smile.gif

Frodo will be a very lovely girl with lovely curly locks! biggrin.gif

I keep worrying that I'll accidentally influence Zuko wrong, and he will have a sex change. O.O

e interesting to see how this huge flood of new prizes affects the trading game. I'm hoping it will make checkerboard prize lineages start to be a little more obtainable.

Aaaaaah! Yes! I need to make this checker higher gen! ;_;

If a third prize dragon is ever created, I seriously hope it will be a shiny two-headed, pygmy, or drake, so we can make some pretty prize lineages from those breeds as well. :-)

It'll be interesting to see how this huge flood of new prizes affects the trading game. I'm hoping it will make checkerboard prize lineages start to be a little more obtainable. I'm thinking everyone's probably going to stop trading 4th-gens entirely, though, which is too bad for folks like me who've been hoarding them. :-)

I would love to see a two-headed, drake or pygmy Prize dragon, but I seriously doubt it will happen. If it did, though, maybe there would be more common dragons of those types introduced, too. There are actually some lovely ones on the completed list already.