Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I just bred my 3 GoN's to spessartines and got a refusal and two spessartine eggs. Considering I'm doing a lineage with spessartines and luminas and they produce spessartines readily even though luminas are blockers and dominate most other breeds in breeding, my guess would be that it's still hard.

I'm currently trying to fulfill an IOU of an alt black from a specific pairing, which I would consider similarly tricky. I got two cb red coppers for that IOU. Though you could also get lucky if you put a note in your signature - a lot of people even gift avatars.

If you don't mind waiting, I'd try the signature note. If you're looking for a rather quick trade, I'd try something desirable such as a cb copper or 1-2 cb xenos to get people's interest.

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply. smile.gif If so, a couple of xenos do sound like a fair price.

I just bred an Avatar of Change and an Avatar of Destruction. Do you think that I would be able to get a 1:1 trade for a CB Verdigris copper, or would I have to trade both avatars?

I think even the two avatars are not enough for a green copper. My post above was referring to the particularly hard to breed avatar Gealach was looking for. A cb copper for an avatar is overpaying - but that's the way how you get quick trades and how you encourage a lot of users to try to breed that difficult pairing for you.

I doubt it will work the other way around (offering avatar(s) to get coppers), especially not with pairings that easily produce avatars. As I said, a lot of people gift avatars.

I think your best bet is to search for people who are offering a cb copper and offer your avatars to them.

I think even the two avatars are not enough for a green copper. My post above was referring to the particularly hard to breed avatar Gealach was looking for. A cb copper for an avatar is overpaying - but that's the way how you get quick trades and how you encourage a lot of users to try to breed that difficult pairing for you.

I doubt it will work the other way around (offering avatar(s) to get coppers), especially not with pairings that easily produce avatars. As I said, a lot of people gift avatars.

I think your best bet is to search for people who are offering a cb copper and offer your avatars to them.

Ok, thanks! smile.gif

and how hard will it be to get the lineage in my signature?

I tried to breed you one from some of my 2G prizekins as a gift, but all I got was Lunar Heralds. :/

I tried to breed you one from some of my 2G prizekins as a gift, but all I got was Lunar Heralds.  :/

aww thanks

its not a easy breeding thats what i have learned

this progny THE HORROR!

EDIT: Tarnished finally gave me one biggrin.gif

Edited by blockEdragon

How much is a Cheese worth these days? I'm looking specifically for rough, breedable exchanges (so no Dinos, Chickens, or Papers).

How many CB xenos (any type) would a CB brown copper be worth?

I just caught a brown copper but I've already got my scroll goal number for those, whereas I'm low on xenos (chose the wrong time take a break from DC, clearly tongue.gif )

Edit:

1. Thank you angelicdragonpuppy for the detailed response! I ended up taking your advice!

2. For anyone interested, the copper was traded for 2x CB xeno eggs in about 1 hour (on a weekend morning though, so I assume forum traffic was higher than usual)

Edited by daestarr

I'd ask for two Xenos and drop it to one if no one's bitten in a day or two. Xenos are kinda weird right now in that there's a good amount of them around (which would make them worth less than coppers) but people are still valuing them fairly highly. I tried to trade a 2g silver from a pretty common mate for a chrono xeno the other day and didn't get a single offer, although I'm sure it was worth it pure rarity-wise.

Could I get a CB Xenor or CB Blue Neb for a 'CB' vampire?

If it's a low time egg or a hatchling for the neb, probably. For the xeno, unlikely. People tend not to like unbreedables when trading with/for popular/high demand species.

How much is a Cheese worth these days? I'm looking specifically for rough, breedable exchanges (so no Dinos, Chickens, or Papers).

I successfully traded cheeses for cb xenos 1:1 a couple of times. I also got a cb ice hatchie once when I asked for "cb hatchie offers". Usually I trade cheeses for 2-3 cb commons.

What's the value of a 2G PB Alt Black in terms of CB Xenos / Coppers?

Pretty inexperienced in trading so I thought I'd ask.

I got brown coppers for 2nd gen alt vines two or three times, and a red copper once. Alt blacks seem to be very hard to get at the moment, so I'd say a red copper is definitely fair, maybe even a green one - you could try to ask for a red or green one and see what happens. Or 2 xenos, maybe even 3, but also check angelicdragonpuppy's post concerning the value of xenos compared to coppers - xenos have become more common, but some people still treat them as rares, so getting multiple xenos might be harder than getting a single copper.

I'd ask for two Xenos and drop it to one if no one's bitten in a day or two. Xenos are kinda weird right now in that there's a good amount of them around (which would make them worth less than coppers) but people are still valuing them fairly highly. I tried to trade a 2g silver from a pretty common mate for a chrono xeno the other day and didn't get a single offer, although I'm sure it was worth it pure rarity-wise.

To add to this, I recently (= this week) traded a CB rainbow copper for a single CB mageia hatchling, which was annoying because I'm considerably better at catching xenos than coppers (and see xenos more often; and in fact have three of them on my scroll from a lazy evening of catching), but I didn't feel like it was fundamentally unfair. Surprising, aggravating, but not unfair.

I'd have expected around two or three eggs, maybe four eggs from someone that really likes coppers, definitely not more than that - but it's tricky because people really like their xenos. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

What do CB Spessartines go for right now? I just caught one I wasn't planning to! xd.png

Bump.

Also, re Xenos/Coppers: Coppers have been out longer and only have three variants; Xenos are very new and have six variants - lotsa people are still trying to get even a pair of each type, never mind more than that.

So I haven't been on DC for a half-year or so, and I see that the value of CB Seasonals has dropped REALLY low. What's up with that?

Also: What's the value of a Gemstone? What's a Lunar Herald worth?

So I haven't been on DC for a half-year or so, and I see that the value of CB Seasonals has dropped REALLY low. What's up with that?

The most recent blow to their rarity was that they were mass-dropping when the lunar heralds were mass-dropping.

Other than that, they've just been around long enough and are steadily common enough that they don't register as rares except out of season (e.g. if someone offers seasonals caught before the season's end a few days after the season's end), and even those tend not to fetch much any more given people are usually not surprised by the end of the seasons and plan with them. (Basically, by now, with a complete lack of disasters pertaining to seasonals over the past months, no one's really fearing another "CB springs are suddenly extinct" fiasco.)

I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this, please tell me if it isn't ^^'

Does having multiple mates/children affect a dragon's value?

I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this, please tell me if it isn't ^^'

Does having multiple mates/children affect a dragon's value?

I don't think it really does, unless it's from a rare Prize dragon line or from a Prize dragon that only has a few children with no descendants past 2-3G (that's what I consider as "rare").

The oldest CB prize dragons still produce valuable 2G offspring, yes, but they aren't worth as much anymore if they already have 40+ children and descendants.

Multiple mates can give more interest if you got a rare egg from a common/caveblocker mate. If you have a 2015 2G Gold Prize egg from, let's say, a canopy, I think that people will dive for the egg because of how hard it is to get a prize from a canopy.

What do CB Spessartines go for right now? I just caught one I wasn't planning to! xd.png

At least attempting an answer, since it's getting buried for the second time xd.png

I traded for a cb spessartine two or three weeks before Halloween. The person trading them had a specific 3rd gen checker from silver x GoN on their signature wishlist, and I offered a 2nd gen silver from GoN and an IOU for a non-related 2nd gen avatar mate. The person who offered the trade was trading two spessartines at the time, and I believe they were both still available when they accepted my offer (the spessartine was a hatchie by then). I don't remember what was on their want list, but it was something I didn't have (which is why I simply tried my luck with offering the GoN offspring).

Shortly after trading for the last spessartine I needed for scroll goals, I caught one myself xd.png I tried to trade it for 2 cb xenos and got no offers. I wasn't trying extremely hard to trade it, I posted it in several threads for 2 days and when it was incu-hatchable I simply kept it. That was a day or two before Halloween breeding started, so maybe people simply kept their scrolls empty and had no trade fodder at hand.

So my very careful guess from this experience: Though spessartines are quite rare, they are not really in high demand. Maybe people are waiting for them to become more common again and are a bit hesitant when it comes to trading them? That might very well be biased due to Halloween being so close. Just for curiosity, I'm very interested in other opinions smile.gif

I don't think it really does, unless it's from a rare Prize dragon line or from a Prize dragon that only has a few children with no descendants past 2-3G (that's what I consider as "rare").

The oldest CB prize dragons still produce valuable 2G offspring, yes, but they aren't worth as much anymore if they already have 40+ children and descendants.

Multiple mates can give more interest if you got a rare egg from a common/caveblocker mate. If you have a 2015 2G Gold Prize egg from, let's say, a canopy, I think that people will dive for the egg because of how hard it is to get a prize from a canopy.

Thank you! ^w^

At least attempting an answer, since it's getting buried for the second time xd.png

I traded for a cb spessartine two or three weeks before Halloween. The person trading them had a specific 3rd gen checker from silver x GoN on their signature wishlist, and I offered a 2nd gen silver from GoN and an IOU for a non-related 2nd gen avatar mate. The person who offered the trade was trading two spessartines at the time, and I believe they were both still available when they accepted my offer (the spessartine was a hatchie by then). I don't remember what was on their want list, but it was something I didn't have (which is why I simply tried my luck with offering the GoN offspring).

Shortly after trading for the last spessartine I needed for scroll goals, I caught one myself xd.png I tried to trade it for 2 cb xenos and got no offers. I wasn't trying extremely hard to trade it, I posted it in several threads for 2 days and when it was incu-hatchable I simply kept it. That was a day or two before Halloween breeding started, so maybe people simply kept their scrolls empty and had no trade fodder at hand.

So my very careful guess from this experience: Though spessartines are quite rare, they are not really in high demand. Maybe people are waiting for them to become more common again and are a bit hesitant when it comes to trading them? That might very well be biased due to Halloween being so close. Just for curiosity, I'm very interested in other opinions smile.gif

Thanks for the reply! smile.gif That.... kind of makes sense, I suppose. Ah well, I've posted it and I'm fairly open-minded. Cheers!

I don't really care for pyrals, so I haven't kept up on their values. I know almandine safe still insane, and I know someone just answered a bit on spessartines. Does anyone have a metal comparison on them? CB green copper? CB silver? Somewhere in between? Less?

How much are 2nd gen PB Black alts worth? A 3rd gen prize or a CB Copper maybe?

I've seen them popping up more frequently lately. For a while they were pretty rare and going for a lot. I would say you're on the mark with a third gen prize or a CB copper, but I would aim for at least a red copper, if not a green. For the prize, I would try for a rarer line or at least a 2015 you don't have. Maybe something from an uncommon or common mate.

Edited by harlequinraven