Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Mostly agree with this, but alt vines are around Tier 5 and alt blacks are easily Tier 4. They are very rare.

4G prizes also are similar value to the other stuff you put on Tier 7. You're not likely to get more than a CB blusang for a 4G prize.

2G in-season Spriter's Alts from Valentine and Christmas alts are easily Top Tier, imo.

For me they're not top tier 'cos they can be caught in the AP and the species they belong to is not exclusive to those CBs. So I'd slot them between top tier and tier 1

Top tier: 2g prize, 2g Holly

Tier 1: ND

Tier 2: CB Gold

Tier 3: CB Silver

Tier 4: 3rd gen prizes

Tier 5: CB copper, 2g metals

Tier 6: 4th gen prizes

Tier 7: unbreedables, blusang, dinos, alt black, tan RW, trios and alt vine

Everything else

2g prize fails go between tiers 4 and 3, 2g spriter's alts go between 2 and 3. I'd put xenos between 4 and 5. 2g thuweds between top tier and tier 1.

Your list helps a lot! I am always confused about the ranking between CB Gold/Silver and low gen prizes.

According to this list, is it fair/overpriced to trade CB silver for 3rd gen prize? And how many CB silvers I need to offer if I want to trade for a 2nd gen prize?

Hi, I've been out of touch for a while and need some advice on what my 3rd and 4th gen prize eggies are worth now.

These are the dragons I'm looking to trade for as CBs as a reference:

Xenos, Anagallis, Gemshard, Herald, and Pyralspite

I don't really know what they're worth either, other than them being listed as uncommon or rare in the wiki.

The 4th gen prizes I've put up for trade, all I've gotten as offers are single CB Heralds. I've accepted because I need Heralds, but I have no idea if that was a fair trade or if the other guy was getting a great deal. It seems strange that I'm not really getting many nibbles. Is it just my timing of just after Halloween or have we gotten to the point where the market is glutted with prizes?

3rd gen prizes. I need Xenos and rather a lot of them since there are so many varieties so I'd prefer to trade my 3rd gens for them, but I have no idea what a relatively fair exchange would be. One to one? Two to one? ???

Edited by Pokemonfan13

The 4th gen prizes I've put up for trade, all I've gotten as offers are single CB Heralds.  I've accepted because I need Heralds, but I have no idea if that was a fair trade or if the other guy was getting a great deal.  It seems strange that I'm not really getting many nibbles.  Is it just my timing of just after Halloween or have we gotten to the point where the market is glutted with prizes?

3rd gen prizes.  I'm setting up a few double-IOU trades for eggs from my 2nd gens.  (and I've got a 3rd gen eggie waiting for offers)  I need Xenos and rather a lot of them since there are so many varieties so I'd prefer to trade my 3rd gens for them, but I have no idea what a relatively fair exchange would be.  One to one?  Two to one?  ???

My two cents -

4th gen prizes: I think the other guy got a really good deal. I see Lunar Heralds constantly in the cave. You should have gotten a couple of them for your prize at a minimum in my opinion.

3rd gen prizes for Xenos: Some of the Xenos seem to be more uncommon than others. I see Pyros in the Volcano quite a bit for example, but I haven't seen the coastal variety in a long time. So maybe 2 Xenos for 1 3rd gen prize will be fair if they are more common/uncommon, but if any of them are rare then 1 to 1? smile.gif

I did manage to pick up my collection limit of silver heralds easy enough during the halloween breeding week, but that was because most people were ignoring the cave completely and focusing on halloween babies. xP All I've been able to pick up since are breeds I need that are labeled common in the wiki. (not interested in cave hunting much more than that, especially since I can breed 3rd and 4th gen prizes to trade for the others)

Honestly, to some extent I'd rather give the other guy a good deal and actually trade the bugger than to sit on it until I have to dump it waiting for a fair trade. I'd just rather know that that's what I did. x3

Also, 3rd gen copper tinselkin from Penk. Any hope of getting any of the dragons I listed in my previous post? https://dragcave.net/lineage/wV8N8 I know at least some people like eggs from spriters' alts.

Also, 3rd gen copper tinselkin from Penk.  Any hope of getting any of the dragons I listed in my previous post?  https://dragcave.net/lineage/wV8N8  I know at least some people like eggs from spriters' alts.

there are a small few of us that collect 3g fails, but they are fairly abundant in the AP

unless someone is looking specifically for a male copper or a line from penk I don't think you will get much for it, maybe an anagalis, gemshard, or volcano pyral-- and those might be just as easy to grab from the ap yourself if you have a little time

Edited by Tawanda001

I went AFK for 6 months, so I have no idea what's the value for lunar herald and xeno (they both seem very pretty to me).

Now I learn that lunar heralds are rather common, what about xeno?

I caught 3 xeno from different caves, what value of metal/prize can I trade for?

Thanks!!

I went AFK for 6 months, so I have no idea what's the value for lunar herald and xeno (they both seem very pretty to me).

I caught 3 xeno from different caves, what value of metal/prize can I trade for?

Thanks!!

Xenos drop fairly often - I'd call them uncommon in frequency. But they're in high demand with a lot of the playerbase so they disappear very fast and are requested in trades - usually in multiples for metals, singles from specific biomes, or 1:1 biome swaps. You may get a copper or perhaps two for the set, but since their value is mostly player-driven it's up to someone wanting what you have and being willing to trade their shinies. I can't predict what it's worth in prizes.

Edited by Gryphonic

Thanks!!

I'd think about 2-3 CB Xenos for a 3rd gen prize might be fair, but it depends much on what the person you're trading with deems fair. xd.png

The price-decline of prizes seems to be very steep these days - something like multiple CB metallics for a 2nd gen, 1-2 CB coppers or 2-3 CB Xenos for a 3rd gen, maybe one uncommon for a 4th gen. 5th gens are often bred for free.

What is a purebred, from cb parents, alt black/vine worth?

How many of each is worth a CB xenowyrm/ cb silver/cb gold?

I'm trying to hunt Xenos for someone else, and caught a Gemshard and a Red Copper in the process. What are their current trade values in relation to Xenos? I'm looking for any but the Mageia.

I'm trying to hunt Xenos for someone else, and caught a Gemshard and a Red Copper in the process. What are their current trade values in relation to Xenos? I'm looking for any but the Mageia.

I would say that you ought to be able to trade the Copper for a Xeno fairly easily. The Gemshard.... tricky. I think they only really start to show value once hatched and maybe even gendered, and even then I don't know whether you'd be able to trade one for a Xeno...

I would say that you ought to be able to trade the Copper for a Xeno fairly easily. The Gemshard.... tricky. I think they only really start to show value once hatched and maybe even gendered, and even then I don't know whether you'd be able to trade one for a Xeno...

Thank you for the quick response! smile.gif I thought it might be something like that, but it never hurts to get other opinions!

Thanks for the help with XENO!

Now I have 2 CB silvers, and I was hoping to trade for 2G prize, but I don't get any offers so should I add something else?

I got one offer of ND for both silvers, and another offer of 3G prize for 1 silver, both IOU. If I don't get any 2G offer, which seems better?

Thanks!

PS Do I have any hope to get 2G prize?? I've never had any and I really really want one.

Now I have 2 CB silvers, and I was hoping to trade for 2G prize, but I don't get any offers so should I add something else?

I got one offer of ND for both silvers, and another offer of 3G prize for 1 silver, both IOU. If I don't get any 2G offer, which seems better?

Thanks!

PS Do I have any hope to get 2G prize?? I've never had any and I really really want one.

well a ND is worth two golds sometimes and 3Gs offspring don't go for very much

so if you don't get a offer i think you should go for the ND

Thanks!

Its unlikely that you'll get a 2nd gen prize offer for that. Maybe add a CB Gold or offer two CB Golds instead?

I'd take the ND offer (if it was from a well known player). It depends on what you're looking for and value. I wouldn't trade a CB Silver for a 3rd gen prize no matter how rare but then again I don't collect prize lines.

Thanks!

You're very unlikely to get a 2G prize for two silvers, especially now when many of the winners from this year have disappeared back into the woodworks, so to speak. You MIGHT get a trade like that right after the raffle prizes are given out, but not likely right now.

The ND offer is your best offer. Unless the 3rd gen is a rare or hard to breed line, it's not worth a CB silver. I sometimes get a CB silver for my checker prize lineages or prize from cry common lineages, but not for your run of the mill 3rd gen. I can get CB coppers for them.

What some people do is keep trading up. They hold their cb silvers and offer to exchange hatchies for eggs (a good deal for anyone wanting to keep a silver, and it gets you a full scroll of eggs over time). Then trade up for gold, repeat that process for golds until you have s tempting offer of golds (bare minimum of two, more likely with 3-4). If you don't want to keep the ND, you could try trading it for a CB golds and get a start there.

Any idea on what gemshards are worth? I'm seeing them up for trade a lot less often than the xenos, but I thought they were more common? I looked a bit in this thread but the lists don't seem to include them... The most useful rarity comparison would be against the xenos. Ditto pyralsprite(sp don't have my references on me) dragons.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'm seeing them up for trade a lot less often than the xenos, but I thought they were more common?

They are probably up for trade less often than Xenos because they are a lot more common, and people don't expect to get valuable offers on them anymore.

I haven't traded them recently, but if I had a Xeno and wanted to trade it for a Gemshard I would ask for the Gemshard to be a gendered hatchling of the color I wanted.

(And with how rare the Xenos still are, I think even two Gemshard hatchlings for one Xeno would be a fair trade.)

Ah, that makes sense. If 2:1 is roughly fair then that's perfect for what I need. =3

I don't cave hunt for more than commons, so it's hard for me to tell if something is less frequent in trades because it is rare (such as CB golds) or because it isn't great trade fodder, especially since some people ask for more than it is worth.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Thanks!

Prize winners have a lot of CB metals already and probably don't want any more.

Edited by DarkEternity

Prize winners have a lot of CB metals already and probably don't want any more.

I still need a few for scroll goals, but in general, I concur. It seems like one of the easiest things to ask for in the beginning, but how many does one need?

Perhaps try to contact prize winners who are taking IOUs? I would think if you wanted something specific, it would be easier to trade that way in the first place, rather than hoping someone will see your post. Perhaps there is something difficult to breed (or something you could trade 2 CB silvers for!) that they're looking for ... I find that I sometimes do trades to avoid the legwork involved, because I am lazy.

(Not that I'm advocating PMing prize winners that are not wanting PMs at the moment. Heh. Disclaimer, etc.)

What are Xenos currently worth now a days? As a CB dragon that is, I have not traded in a long time, I remember them being pretty good to trade for harder to get things.

What are Xenos currently worth now a days? As a CB dragon that is, I have not traded in a long time, I remember them being pretty good to trade for harder to get things.

I just got a 3rd gen Silver Tinsel (from Jewel) x Silver for 2 CB Xenos (pyro & Thalassa). Hope this helps! (fixed my typos xd.png)

Edited by miss1nformation

I successfully traded for cb xenos (1:1) with cb trios, cb blusangs, dinos, chicken, papers, cheeses, a 4th gen prize, cb tan ridgewings and a cb red dorsal. I had to hatch some of the blusangs, trios and the red dorsal before I got an offer. I have also traded a 3rd gen prize for 2 cb xenos.