Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I know this is pretty subjective, but how many 2015 Halloween eggs could I reasonably request in exchange for 2 Thalassa, 1 Chrono, and 1 Gaia? I'd like to get at least one more 2015 Halloween CB to complete my scroll goals, and if they're not going to net me at least that then I'll want to know now rather than later so I can have more scroll space for hunting.

Edit: Well, managed to get that last one I needed in the AP! Still want to know the answer, though. xd.png

I've been trading 1 CB Xeno Egg for 1 CB Halloween Hatchling

How much is a thunder dragon egg worth these days? What might I get for it? smile.gif

Kinda wondering, but does anyone know how many CB Halloween's it has been taking to get a 2nd gen. Prize?

Kinda wondering, but does anyone know how many CB Halloween's it has been taking to get a 2nd gen. Prize?

CB prize winners likely have a ton of 2g prizes either swapped or from their own CB prize.

It wouldn't be difficult at all for a winner to breed a tonne of 3g prizes at 2 CB halloweens each minimum. 7x2 = 14 + 7 (the ones that they caught) = 21/21 scroll lock without needing to breed a 2g prize for one. (not to mention that other rares like 2g golds and things are generally able to get at least 1 CB halloween without too much stress.)

I think that it's unlikely that anyone has been getting 2g prizes for halloweens, tbh.

Edited by DarkEternity

CB prize winners likely have a ton of 2g prizes either swapped or from their own CB prize.

It wouldn't be difficult at all for a winner to breed a tonne of 3g prizes at 2 CB halloweens each minimum. 7x2 = 14 + 7 (the ones that they caught) = 21/21 scroll lock without needing to breed a 2g prize for one. (not to mention that other rares like 2g golds and things are generally able to get at least 1 CB halloween without too much stress.)

I think that it's unlikely that anyone has been getting 2g prizes for halloweens, tbh.

oooh okay. Thanks for the answer!

Actually just by posting in the trade threads I've now arranged trades for two 2g bronze shimmers, one for 3 hatchies and the other for 6.

Never give up hope! :')

I've been getting some offers of 2nd gen prizes for CB Halloween hatchlings. :3 I managed to trade some CB Halloween IOUs for a 2nd gen Prize IOU before Halloween too.

And I've also seen quite a few prize owners offer 2nd gen prizes for CB Halloween hatchlings in the trading threads a few days ago, some of the posts got edited out though because they involved IOUs though.

The 3rd gen prize thing is a little subjective, I personally would never trade any CB Halloween hatchling for a 3rd gen prize no matter what pairing/lineage it has. I just feel that 4th gen prizes doesn't have a lot (or any tradability) unless one is aiming to collect. Also, with some hard work it's not impossible for anyone to trade for 3rd gen prizes outside of Halloween, 3rd gen prizes are usually everywhere in the trading threads.

It's just personal opinion but I think something that's permanently available isn't worth something that's only available once and it's gone forever, of course the Caligenes will be back next year but I hold the value of CBs above most things.

How much is a thunder dragon egg worth these days? What might I get for it? smile.gif

Really interested to know this. smile.gif

Soo, how are different pyralspites standing in trades right now?

Almandines are worth a CB Gold, if not more. They are just that absurdly hard to find lately. :/ Personally I'd hold off trading for them right now--Golds will presumably always be top tier rare while, TJ and GoN willing, Almandines will eventually be more obtainable.

Spessartines are falling a bit higher than CB Coppers, I think. Probably worth 2-3 CB Xenos, I seem to see a lot of Xenos being traded lately.

Pyropes are essentially commons and won't trade for much.

Really interested to know this. smile.gif

All trios can be swapped for each other, and cb trios can also be swapped for cb xenos, especially if you hatch the trio before. Right now everyone seems obsessed with Halloween hatchies, though. But if people successfully traded cb xenos for new release hatchies 1:1, you could try to get the same trade for your thunder.

Almandines are worth a CB Gold, if not more. They are just that absurdly hard to find lately. :/ Personally I'd hold off trading for them right now--Golds will presumably always be top tier rare while, TJ and GoN willing, Almandines will eventually be more obtainable.

Spessartines are falling a bit higher than CB Coppers, I think. Probably worth 2-3 CB Xenos, I seem to see a lot of Xenos being traded lately.

Pyropes are essentially commons and won't trade for much.

I guess I'm just unlucky, my CB Almandines tend to grow on my scroll since I've been unsuccessful when offering them on trades. Not a big deal, I like them smile.gif

I think it's because everyone is thinking this:

Personally I'd hold off trading for them right now--Golds will presumably always be top tier rare while, TJ and GoN willing, Almandines will eventually be more obtainable.

I've been getting some offers of 2nd gen prizes for CB Halloween hatchlings. :3 I managed to trade some CB Halloween IOUs for a 2nd gen Prize IOU before Halloween too.

And I've also seen quite a few prize owners offer 2nd gen prizes for CB Halloween hatchlings in the trading threads a few days ago, some of the posts got edited out though because they involved IOUs though.

The 3rd gen prize thing is a little subjective, I personally would never trade any CB Halloween hatchling for a 3rd gen prize no matter what pairing/lineage it has. I just feel that 4th gen prizes doesn't have a lot (or any tradability) unless one is aiming to collect. Also, with some hard work it's not impossible for anyone to trade for 3rd gen prizes outside of Halloween, 3rd gen prizes are usually everywhere in the trading threads.

It's just personal opinion but I think something that's permanently available isn't worth something that's only available once and it's gone forever, of course the Caligenes will be back next year but I hold the value of CBs above most things.

I wouldn't try and get 2g prizes with CB halloweens either unless it was used to avoid a scroll lock. It's almost december and more CB prizes will be raffled soon.

2g prizes can technically be obtained year round but Calli CBs are only going to be around this year.

Have seen tons of trades asking for 3g prizes and 2g prizes though.

I wouldn't try and get 2g prizes with CB halloweens either unless it was used to avoid a scroll lock. It's almost december and more CB prizes will be raffled soon.

2g prizes can technically be obtained year round but Calli CBs are only going to be around this year.

Have seen tons of trades asking for 3g prizes and 2g prizes though.

While that's true I guess it's a matter of how much you need CB 'weens vs how much you want 2g Prizes. I wish I'd saved more Desipises last year (although I still did pretty well at 10), but Calis aren't quite as awesome sauce for me and I already have enough (12). All my extras (17) have been going for trades because I just don't need 29 CB Calis, haha. Doing good so far--two 2g Prizes arranged for and four 2gs from Infi's upcoming Alt Calis to boot, and I've still got six to trade!

While that's true I guess it's a matter of how much you need CB 'weens vs how much you want 2g Prizes. I wish I'd saved more Desipises last year (although I still did pretty well at 10), but Calis aren't quite as awesome sauce for me and I already have enough (12). All my extras (17) have been going for trades because I just don't need 29 CB Calis, haha. Doing good so far--two 2g Prizes arranged for and four 2gs from Infi's upcoming Alt Calis to boot, and I've still got six to trade!

I forgot to hoard Despis last year so I'm making up with Calis, even if the sprite doesn't really float my boat. wink.gif

Not so much about worth as much about trade etiquette.

Say you promised someone a high worth item. You offer them the egg when you get it along with a PM for what it is, but they don't take it or offer you any sort of reply. How long do you wait before offering said egg to the general public. 48 hours? Until it hatches? Never?

Egg is a 2G Shimmer.

I'd influence it and leave it until the last minute, unless you see them online and active. There are so many things IRL that can keep you offline for several days or more. I'm inclined to give a lot of leeway for such things.

I guess I'm just unlucky, my CB Almandines tend to grow on my scroll since I've been unsuccessful when offering them on trades. Not a big deal, I like them smile.gif

Yeah, the few times I've caught Almandines and tried to trade for a gold there were no takers. Perhaps the only people who are willing to trade their golds are only doing so for 2nd gens prizes or altkin.

However, CB Halloweens might be the only chance for many players to have something worth a 2g prize. I'd trade some for one, but only for three specific pairings. I never got around to breeding all my Desipis anyway so I doubt I'd feel the lack.

Edited by Gryphonic

I'd influence it and leave it until the last minute, unless you see them online and active. There are so many things IRL that can keep you offline for several days or more. I'm inclined to give a lot of leeway for such things.

True... with a 4 month old, I get that. GUess that's why I'm more impatient than usual. Computer time is rare and unpredictable. Thanks!

However, CB Halloweens might be the only chance for many players to have something worth a 2g prize

Yeah I did this in 2011 I think but regretted it because the prize winner never came through although I fulfilled my end of the deal.

morgianlefaye- Check if they've been online or if they're active on other social media and whether they've picked up

Yeah I did this in 2011 I think but regretted it because the prize winner never came through although I fulfilled my end of the deal.

morgianlefaye- Check if they've been online or if they're active on other social media and whether they've picked up

Why didn't I think of that? She has a message on her profile that she is not playing anymore. Silly me.

How difficult would it be to find a specific 2G Prizekin? I'm thinking about trying to trade for some Seasonals, Ice, and Frostbites, but I'm not sure what they're worth anymore.

It'd also be nice to find a 2G female Gold from Silver Tinsel, but that's obviously quite a bit tougher.

All Xenos, when CB, have pretty high trade value. It used to be about as much as a CB Copper, but now I'd put it just above a CB Blusang, between that and a trio.

Typically the value seems to distinctly favor Chrono, Thalassa and Gaia over Astrapi, Pyro and Mageia (there are loads of exceptions of course, mostly due to personal preference or need).

Oddly enough, I find that I can usually trade my mageia easier than Gaia. Pyro is the most difficult to trade, then Astrapi. I definitely agree with that.

I still see an occasional offer to trade a CB copper for a CB xeno, but more often I see people with coppers asking for 2 xenos or a xeno plus something a bit less rare (unbreedable, seasonal hatchie, something like that).

I haven't played in a few months so I haven't had a chance to see how Prizes have been settling. What's the general consensus on 2nd to 4th Gens now? Is the year of the CB effecting things at all?

Year does have some effect, with newer years still being more sought after simply because fewer people have these lines. 2Gs are still worth several CB golds or a few neglecteds, easily. 3Gs I usually ask for 1-2 CB coppers for, depending on how rare the line is. Very rare/hard to breed lines I ask for a CB silver. I also tend to ask a little more for my perfect checkers as opposed to stair/spirals, and I get it. I, unfortunately, cannot answer for the 4Gs as I rarely ever breed my 3rd gens and tend to give them away when I do. (Heck, I give away my 3Gs sometimes, and the rare 2G once in a while when my waitlist isn't looking too bad).

CB thunder? Lineaged are not worth much, really, but a CB has some value. You can generally trade for one of the other trios (though I find thunder the most difficult to trade). You can usually easily trade for an unbreedable. Blusangs are well within the possible trades. A few more common hatchies, an uncommon hatchie. Things around that tier.

Yup. This is exactly why, when the topic came up earlier, I said I was not keen on trading a 2G prize for new Halloweens. I was very easily scroll locked pretty quickly. HOWEVER, if you are offering a pretty hefty bulk trade of nearly grown hatchies, it might tempt someone. I could probably be convinced to add someone to my waitlist if they offered me 10+ nearly grown. They were worth more prior to actually arriving, as odd as that sounds, because everyone was scrambling to get trades lined up ahead of time.

How difficult would it be to find a specific 2G Prizekin? I'm thinking about trying to trade for some Seasonals, Ice, and Frostbites, but I'm not sure what they're worth anymore.

It'd also be nice to find a 2G female Gold from Silver Tinsel, but that's obviously quite a bit tougher.

A specific Prizekin is a lot harder to get usually because it is a purposeful misbreed that takes up a slot on a prize owners waitlist. It's not just an accidental fail that happened while trying to fill something else on their list and/or breed for themselves.

As for what you want to offer, not likely unless the prize owner needed them in bulk, I'm afraid. A discussion not long ago affirmed that a prizekin is general worth between a CB green copper and a CB silver (depending on whether it is accidental or intentionally bred and what the fail is, i.e. a rare fail is harder to get). If you're looking for a caveblocker common fail, it might be easier. Seasonals are uncommons, ices are a lowish tier rare, and frostbites are very common. You might tempt someone with bulk hatchies of the above IF they were specifically looking for those, but I would not count on it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. unsure.gif

Edited by harlequinraven