Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Value may be in the eyes of the trader, but it is an axiomatic fact that some dragons trade better than others. That is what I meant. Will these dragons continue to trade more often than most dragons?

Nice discussion topic - hope we can keep this thread smile.gif

My guess is: Coppers will stay about as rare as they are now. They do drop, rarely, but constantly. I think they were supposed to be like that - metals, but a bit more common than golds and silvers.

Xeno rarity is definitely user-driven, and I think they will go the same route the goldwyverns went - uncommon and pretty popular, but the point will come when everyone has their fill of them and they'll sit for a couple of refreshes before they get taken.

Now almadines are very interesting. I've recently seen a user argument with the number of breeds that drop in the biomes which also produce pyralspites. The basic line of argumentation was: The cave produces a number X of pyralspites to drop according to the ratios, and THEN distributes them to the biomes where they drop. As there are so many other breeds in the alpine and coast, most of these produced pyrals end up in the volcano. Now if that theory is right, all it takes to make almadines more common is a couple of new breeds in the volcano.

Edit: I was referring to this post by pinkgothic - I like that theory, makes a lot of sense to me.

Edit2: Aaaw, it got merged so quickly sad.gif Don't think that it matters, but I agree with sonseray, the posts concerning the topic will be buried here very quickly and most users won't bother to take part in the discussion if it's taken to this already huge thread.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I think this is similar enough to the question about a trade that the question could go there as such I'm merging this thread with the existing thread.

I think this is similar enough to the question about a trade that the question could go there as such I'm merging this thread with the existing thread.

I disagree and think that I am going to get less responses and therefore a less useful answer to my question, but alright.

The question remains: Will CB Coppers, CB Almandines, and CB Xenowyrms remain valuable in trades over time? I would appreciate as many responses as possible smile.gif

Edited by sonseray

CB Coppers have stayed valuable for a while now, and I'm starting to think they will retain trade value indefinitely.

I do not think CB xenowyrms will remain valuable for very long, as much as I'd like them to.

I have no idea about the Almandines.

I disagree and think that I am going to get less responses and therefore a less useful answer to my question, but alright.

The question remains: Will CB Coppers, CB Almandines, and CB Xenowyrms remain valuable in trades over time? I would appreciate as many responses as possible smile.gif

You are asking us to guess, aren't you? smile.gif

- Coppers: I'm guessing that they will keep their trading value, in particular Verdigris and Rainbow. Why? Because they were released more than two years ago (May 2013) and they are still going strong, very strong.

- Almandines: I'm guessing that they will keep their trading value. Why? They are exclusively an Alpine breed; Alpine is, in general, the busiest biome. From a statistical point of view they are rarer than CB Golds that drop in every biome.

- Xenowyrms: I'm guessing that on the long run their "trading value" will decrease but not as much as Sprites or Blacks. More like Blusangs. Yes, their value is demand-fueled. But, they drop in several biomes with different sprites, that should keep the supply low enough to not make them less than uncommons.

whats this gold prize egg worth?

also whats a CB rainbow copper gonna go for nowadays?

Not much, I'd say, even though it's a 2015 gold Shimmer line. I'd say, 2 CB common hatchlings at best, but possibly more if you're lucky. Or 1 BSA hatchling. That's what I'd pay, anyway, and in turn that's probably all I'd ask for honestly.

@Wahya: If it were me, I'd probably go for the 2Gs. I guess it depends whether you're more focussed on collecting CBs or interesting lineages. And also on how you are at catching CBs yourself. Personally, if it's something I know I could catch or breed myself, I'm less inclined to look for it as a trade option unless I'm in a hurry for some reason.

ETA: Clarity. The thread merge discombobulated me. :s

Thank you for your response!

That makes a lot of sense, and that's definitely the route I'm going to take.

Are new Halloween Dragons worth a CB Gold? If I had a new CB Halloween dragon, would I be able to get a CB Gold for 1 or 2 of them?

Are new Halloween Dragons worth a CB Gold? If I had a new CB Halloween dragon, would I be able to get a CB Gold for 1 or 2 of them?

I highly doubt it. They drop for 24 hours in all biomes and are really easy to catch. A lot of users abandon theirs for one with a better code, or just to help out players who couldn't get one on the day of release, so they can also be found in the AP a few days after their initial release.

There has been a similar discussion a few pages back, but the other way around - how many cb Halloween hatchies is fair to ask for a 2nd gen prize - click for start of discussion.

what is a 2g Desipis from M Spriter's alt x F Chrono worth?

Depends on which alt or how many were produced, I guess xd.png

Since holidays can multiclutch, if only 1 of that egg was produced it might be rarer.

Some people are offering CB Metallics or Neglecteds for them. Depends on the people offering, I guess!

How many seasonals or Lunars would be necessary to trade for one Xeno? 2 Seasonals for one Xeno; is that reasonable? I have no idea about the Lunars.

Thanks!

Edited by missy_

what is this 2G from frill worth?

this one<---

would i be able to get that lineage im looking for?

What lineage are you looking for?

(Or are you looking for a swap? Reading comprehension problems)

I would think that it would be possible- the hardest part would be finding someone who could breed that, or caught it and didn't really need it.

Possibly if you hold on to them for the full two weeks. Last year I traded 6 CB Desipis hatchlings for an ND by waiting 7 days to hatch them and then trading them another 6ish days after that. By then it's absolutely LAST chance for people to get CB Halloweens and you may get a trade! I was thinking of trying the same for a CB Gold this year, depending on how well I like this year's dragon.

what is a 2g Desipis from M Spriter's alt x F Chrono worth?

To me, quite a lot. Partly because I adore the pairing, partly because I like alt offspring a lot. It's hard to give an exact estimate because people have different things on hand during holidays, but about a 2G halloween from CB prize/hybrid/spriter's alt

as my signature says I'm trading IOUs for IOUs, 1 CB Gold for 2 4 Day CB Halloween Hatchlings

I don't know what others are offering

if you choose to PM me there is a list and I wont be back to working on it until after Halloween

Does a Chrono Xeno have any trade value? Are some Xenos more wanted then others, trade wise? Thanks!

Edited by jocosa

Does a Chrono Xeno have any trade value? Are some Xenos more wanted then others, trade wise? Thanks!

All Xenos, when CB, have pretty high trade value. It used to be about as much as a CB Copper, but now I'd put it just above a CB Blusang, between that and a trio.

Typically the value seems to distinctly favor Chrono, Thalassa and Gaia over Astrapi, Pyro and Mageia (there are loads of exceptions of course, mostly due to personal preference or need).

I haven't played in a few months so I haven't had a chance to see how Prizes have been settling. What's the general consensus on 2nd to 4th Gens now? Is the year of the CB effecting things at all?

I haven't played in a few months so I haven't had a chance to see how Prizes have been settling. What's the general consensus on 2nd to 4th Gens now? Is the year of the CB effecting things at all?

Year of the CB seems to have a lot less impact than it previously did. 2015 lines were the rage for a few months, then it settled down and I have even had several people pick a 2013 line I have over all of my other lines, which are all 2014/2015. Prize color has more of an impact it seems.

As for the first part of your question, 2Gs are still extremely high value. Until very recently CB Golds were undergoing a drought, so you couldn't get more than ~2 for a 2G, but they were still worth irrationally high amounts of other things. 3Gs are no longer worth a CB gold, and only worth a silver if they're a rare/valuable line. 4Gs are worth hardly anything - only rare lines would even be worth a trio/xeno/blusang anymore, to most people.

Edited by The_Bucket

I know this is pretty subjective, but how many 2015 Halloween eggs could I reasonably request in exchange for 2 Thalassa, 1 Chrono, and 1 Gaia? I'd like to get at least one more 2015 Halloween CB to complete my scroll goals, and if they're not going to net me at least that then I'll want to know now rather than later so I can have more scroll space for hunting.

Edit: Well, managed to get that last one I needed in the AP! Still want to know the answer, though. xd.png

Edited by Tehya Faye