Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

IMO the value of CB Xenos is dropping rapidly. They are too common as drops to really be sustainable as a "semirare" on the trading market. They drop as an uncommon, but more often than Coppers, so as their popularity simmers down from the newness wearing off, CBs get less and less valuable, especially ones from biomes people tend to hang out in a lot (ahemalpineahem). I would not rely on a CB Xeno, or even multiple CB Xenos, being worth terribly much anymore. SOME players who have trouble catching them still value them highly, but most people have adjusted to a more realistic uncommon-type value for CB Xenos.

CB Coppers are more or less in the same boat, but slightly less so since they do drop a bit less often. I'd expect three CB Coppers to be good enough for a single CB Silver, especially if one is blue, but that may not be true anymore. As with Xenos, but more slowly, CB coppers have lost much value. I remember when a single green/blue CB copper was worth a lot. Not so much anymore.

If I'm looking for a specific lineage bloodswap- in this case, the lineage in my sig, Verdigris x Silver Tinsel- how might I best go about securing one? I've been breeding and offering both 3G Coppers and Prizes from this pairing asking for a bloodswap, and I've gotten every offer under the sun except a bloodswap. It's getting to a point where I think trading for another 2G Prize and Prizekin would be easier than securing a bloodswap, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. 2G Prize trades are exhausting and I always feel annoying when I approach a Prize owner regardless if they say they're fine with PMs. What do I do?

If I'm looking for a specific lineage bloodswap- in this case, the lineage in my sig, Verdigris x Silver Tinsel- how might I best go about securing one? I've been breeding and offering both 3G Coppers and Prizes from this pairing asking for a bloodswap, and I've gotten every offer under the sun except a bloodswap. It's getting to a point where I think trading for another 2G Prize and Prizekin would be easier than securing a bloodswap, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. 2G Prize trades are exhausting and I always feel annoying when I approach a Prize owner regardless if they say they're fine with PMs. What do I do?

Have you tried looking at progeny lists, to see if anyone has bred 2nd and 3rd gens with that lineage? Sometimes that helps- or perhaps there aren't many prize owners who have done that one (whereupon trading for 2gs and kins might be the only way to go ... )

What are Xenos currently worth now a days? As a CB dragon that is, I have not traded in a long time, I remember them being pretty good to trade for harder to get things.

I don't know what others have been offering for them but, to complete my scroll goals, I had been catching various CB BSA eggs, influencing them, hatching them, and offering the lot for one CB xeno (usually a specific one). Usually I would get want I want after a day, sometimes two.

For example: I'd catch 2 CB pinks, influence one female and one male, and a CB red or two. I'd hatch the whole lot and offer them. Or I'd do some variation like that. 2 CB reds, 1 pink; 2 pinks, 1 magi; etc.

My question: what do you consider a CB gold worth?

I'm not generally very good at catching metals so I tend to look at what I can breed or desirable CBs that I can hatch that I would offer to trade for one (and I'm not adverse to giving an IOU of specific hatchie/eggs). I'm just looking for one more CB female gold, so I'm trying to figure out what a trader would want for one.

Have you tried looking at progeny lists, to see if anyone has bred 2nd and 3rd gens with that lineage? Sometimes that helps- or perhaps there aren't many prize owners who have done that one (whereupon trading for 2gs and kins might be the only way to go ... )

I have looked through progeny lists- I actually have a bookmark on my computer devoted to it. The bookmark contains every single male Silver Tinsel listed on the wiki page (excepting those that are obviously inactive), and from there they're sorted into Copper Offspring and No Copper Offspring folders. Unfortunately, I've had trouble getting into contact with many of them. :/

Edited by Sylph264

Top tier: 2g prize, 2g Holly

Tier 1: ND

Tier 2: CB Gold

Tier 3: CB Silver

Tier 4: 3rd gen prizes

Tier 5: CB copper, 2g metals

Tier 6: 4th gen prizes

Tier 7: unbreedables, blusang, dinos, alt black, tan RW, trios and alt vine

Everything else

2g prize fails go between tiers 4 and 3, 2g spriter's alts go between 2 and 3. I'd put xenos between 4 and 5. 2g thuweds between top tier and tier 1.

Agreed, even if, IMHO, CB Coppers (in particular Green ones) could be in Tier 4 and Tier 7 ones are, at least, as valuable as 4th Gen Prizes.

What confuses me is why breeders of Tier 4 eggs/hatchlings keep asking for one Tier 2 or two Tier 3. Thoughts?

How much does having a holiday mate affect the worth of a prize? (Versus a regular mate.)

How much does having a holiday mate affect the worth of a prize? (Versus a regular mate.)

Holiday (and copper, and to a lesser extant, blusang) mates probably drop the worth by a good 75% to experienced collectors, who are probably the people willing to pay the most for prizes to begin with. You still might get a good payment from some (diehard collectors, people who just really like the line even though it's not likely to pay itself off, newbies), but it might take longer to happen and be less frequent.

Now, if you're talking in terms of 2G prizes instead of higher gen ones, it's a different can of fish. To serious collectors there'll probably still be less interest, but a 2g prize is still a 2g prize at the end of the day and should be worth plenty to the right buyer (or to the person with no 2g prizes who just luckily caught a CB metal or two)

Holiday (and copper, and to a lesser extant, blusang) mates probably drop the worth by a good 75% to experienced collectors, who are probably the people willing to pay the most for prizes to begin with. You still might get a good payment from some (diehard collectors, people who just really like the line even though it's not likely to pay itself off, newbies), but it might take longer to happen and be less frequent.

Now, if you're talking in terms of 2G prizes instead of higher gen ones, it's a different can of fish. To serious collectors there'll probably still be less interest, but a 2g prize is still a 2g prize at the end of the day and should be worth plenty to the right buyer (or to the person with no 2g prizes who just luckily caught a CB metal or two)

Neeeet, thanks angelicdragonpuppy!

It made me curious, since I've seen so many "no holiday!" posts over the years.

Neeeet, thanks angelicdragonpuppy!

It made me curious, since I've seen so many "no holiday!" posts over the years.

Yah, holidays (and the other dragons I mentioned) are kind of a catch 22; it's nice because they breed lots of shinies, but on the other hand, they breed so many that people tend to consider them common and less valuable xd.png

As a keen example here are two Silver Tinsels I got within a week of each other:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/gWT7H x Ridgewing (15 Tinsels in 18 months)

http://dragcave.net/progeny/r5E6f x Rosebud (31 Tinsels in 18 months)

That's a big difference. The Ridgewing line also is (or used to be >lC) one of my better shiny breeders, which makes the contrast between holiday lines and the more poorly breeding lines even more jarring.

Not to mention that, as years go on, less and less people might have the CB Holidays needed to continue a line. Also while we're on the subject, x Metallic lines are an issue, too; while they don't breed prizes as prolifically as holidays and coppers (which is... weird), most people don't want to waste a CB Metallic by mating it to a prize dragon above 3G, since the average 4G prize dragon is worth a bit less than a 2g Metal.

...sorry if this is all obvious stuff to you already xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Yah, holidays (and the other dragons I mentioned) are kind of a catch 22; it's nice because they breed lots of shinies, but on the other hand, they breed so many that people tend to consider them common and less valuable xd.png

As a keen example here are two Silver Tinsels I got within a week of each other:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/gWT7H x Ridgewing (15 Tinsels in 18 months)

http://dragcave.net/progeny/r5E6f x Rosebud (31 Tinsels in 18 months)

That's a big difference. The Ridgewing line also is (or used to be >lC) one of my better shiny breeders, which makes the contrast between holiday lines and the more poorly breeding lines even more jarring.

Not to mention that, as years go on, less and less people might have the CB Holidays needed to continue a line. Also while we're on the subject, x Metallic lines are an issue, too; while they don't breed prizes as prolifically as holidays and coppers (which is... weird), most people don't want to waste a CB Metallic by mating it to a prize dragon above 3G, since the average 4G prize dragon is worth a bit less than a 2g Metal.

...sorry if this is all obvious stuff to you already xd.png

Thanks! It is wonderful to have it all spelled out rationally for me.

These are the kind of things I probably did know, deep deep down in my heart (or whatever), but never was able to articulate. Perhaps this will affect my breeding plans ... or I'll just continue to flail around. We'll see smile.gif

You do get a certain amount of interest from people who may have got lucky catching 2G Prizekin(s) during Holiday breeding periods and are looking to make checkers, versus having a breeding machine for further trades. That's likely to be a fairly small percentage of the population, though (but it's the one I fall into! xd.png). Even then, a Prize/Holiday checker isn't "worth" as much as a Prize/Regular checker.

bumping sorry

Only very little. 2g deadlines don't take much to make. Deadlines in general aren't worth much unless you make a high gen deadline with some type of pattern, at which point they're still only worth about as much as a pretty lined common.

Agreed, even if, IMHO, CB Coppers (in particular Green ones) could be in Tier 4 and Tier 7 ones are, at least, as valuable as 4th Gen Prizes.

What confuses me is why breeders of Tier 4 eggs/hatchlings keep asking for one Tier 2 or two Tier 3. Thoughts?

Because that's what they were worth until half a year ago.

I agree with blockEdragon, you should get quite a few xenos for a cb silver. If you're the one trading the silver, that is - if you're trying to trade up with a couple of xenos to get a silver, that'll be much harder, since you'd first have to find someone who actually wants to trade a silver for xenos. Since a silver is worth 2-3 green coppers, and xenos are more common than coppers, I'd also lean towards 10 cb xenos for a cb silver.

what do CB bluesangs go for?

what do cheeses go for?

would my two CB coast xenos of the same age go better separate or as a set?

or should i do a xenoswap?

Edited by blockEdragon

Is it still hard to get an Avatar from a Spessartine? What would be a fair offer if I want to trade for one?

Is it still hard to get an Avatar from a Spessartine? What would be a fair offer if I want to trade for one?

I just bred my 3 GoN's to spessartines and got a refusal and two spessartine eggs. Considering I'm doing a lineage with spessartines and luminas and they produce spessartines readily even though luminas are blockers and dominate most other breeds in breeding, my guess would be that it's still hard.

I'm currently trying to fulfill an IOU of an alt black from a specific pairing, which I would consider similarly tricky. I got two cb red coppers for that IOU. Though you could also get lucky if you put a note in your signature - a lot of people even gift avatars.

If you don't mind waiting, I'd try the signature note. If you're looking for a rather quick trade, I'd try something desirable such as a cb copper or 1-2 cb xenos to get people's interest.

Edited by Ha-Ki

I just bred an Avatar of Change and an Avatar of Destruction. Do you think that I would be able to get a 1:1 trade for a CB Verdigris copper, or would I have to trade both avatars?