Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

A specific Prizekin is a lot harder to get usually because it is a purposeful misbreed that takes up a slot on a prize owners waitlist. It's not just an accidental fail that happened while trying to fill something else on their list and/or breed for themselves.

As for what you want to offer, not likely unless the prize owner needed them in bulk, I'm afraid. A discussion not long ago affirmed that a prizekin is general worth between a CB green copper and a CB silver (depending on whether it is accidental or intentionally bred and what the fail is, i.e. a rare fail is harder to get). If you're looking for a caveblocker common fail, it might be easier. Seasonals are uncommons, ices are a lowish tier rare, and frostbites are very common. You might tempt someone with bulk hatchies of the above IF they were specifically looking for those, but I would not count on it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  unsure.gif

Ideally I'd try to find someone who is already trying to breed a prize from those pairs instead of holding up the line. Probably not the easiest thing to do, though, given the pairs I'm after.

I think you've misread, because I never said what I was planning on offering. I can catch most CB Rares so it's just a matter of trading up to Silver/Gold or getting luck enough to see and catch one, but I also have other ways to get them, assuming I don't have my usual trading luck.

Oh, and while we're on the topic, how have Coppers and Silvers/Golds compared lately? Last I knew Silvers were usually two Coppers, and I have no clue how Golds were.

Edited by 11th

If I want to find mates for my holiday dragons, what should I offer for the following situations?

Type I: 2G common with holiday (ex. Grave x Imperial Fleshcrown)

Type II: 2G uncommon with holiday (ex. Grave x Red Copper)

Type III: 2G rare with holiday (ex. Grave x Gold)

Type IV: 3G common Checker with holiday

Type V: 3G uncommon Checker with holiday

Type VI: 3G rare Checker with holiday

I can breed up to 4th gen prize & 2nd gen gold/silver in exchange for rare mates. But what for uncommon/common?

Thank you!

Edited by CuteDragons

If I want to find mates for my holiday dragons, what should I offer for the following situations?

I can breed up to 4th gen prize & 2nd gen gold/silver in exchange for rare mates. But what for uncommon/common?

Thank you!

The Special Release Offpring Gifting Group is wonderful and I'm sure they could help with the Commons/Uncommons~

If you'd prefer to trade for them, though, it's probably easier to find someone to breed the pair(s) you need and ask them what they're looking for in return, because different people value different things for bred commons. Generally, I'd say that lower-tier rares (Trios, Unbreedables, etc.) should interest people easily.

@CuteDragons

The problem with trading for holiday offspring, especially 3+ gen ones, is to find someone that is interested in what you can offer and, at the same time, able to breed what you need.

Trading for 2nd gen commons from holidays is usually difficult unless you overpay because to get a fair trade you should offer a common, and usually people are not interested in commons.

But, on the other hand, there are a lot of people willing to gift that kind of dragons for free.

So personally I would suggest:

- Type I & Type II : ask for them in one of the gifting thread, or overpay offering a 4th gen prize or something similar

- Type III : offer a dragon of a similar value (2nd-3rd gen gold/silver x holiday) and be ready to accept a IOU

- Type IV and V : ask for them in one of the gifting thread

- Type VI : start looking for them in time, try offer a 2nd-3rd gen rare and add a line in your signature saying what you are looking for and what you are willing to offer for it

Thank you!

I've had fair luck putting requests in my signature and in my profile. It's not the fastest way, but people do notice and inquire.

Thanks to you all! It's very helpful laugh.gif

I will try your suggested methods and see which one(s) work for me.

Have a nice day~

would i get much for this gold?

(sorry moving and deleting the old reply because no one answered)

Not really, the lineage seems somewhat random. 2nd gens or checkers trade well when it comes to metals. Stairs and spirals not really, those are only popular on prizes. I guess you can get a couple of common hatchies for it. Or try to post it in the dragon market of EatW, there are a lot of players that are not on the forums and who will be happy to trade for their first gold.

Oh, and while we're on the topic, how have Coppers and Silvers/Golds compared lately? Last I knew Silvers were usually two Coppers, and I have no clue how Golds were.

Bumping this so it doesn't get missed.

Also, right now I have a CB Chicken, Ice, Blusang, Spessartine, and Chrono. Pretty sure I'll need to hatch them for it, but could I get a CB Silver/Gold with some combination of them?

Edited by 11th

Bumping this so it doesn't get missed.

Also, right now I have a CB Chicken, Ice, Blusang, Spessartine, and Chrono. Pretty sure I'll need to hatch them for it, but could I get a CB Silver/Gold with some combination of them?

The problem with trading up is that people who catch cb golds also easily catch any of those you're offering. Apart from the spessartine all those things you're offering are not really rare, but rather uncommon. I doubt that will work out, but that doesn't mean you can't try smile.gif

Golds are worth a bit more than a silver, some ask for 2 silvers, some say 1:2 is overpaying. A silver + a green copper would probably be appropriate. I don't catch any of those myself, though, so that's based on what I see people ask for in trading threads and what people have said earlier in this thread.

How about the Copper question, though?

I know, but I don't have many other options. :/ I've caught Silvers and a single Gold before, I just seldom see them while hunting.

Edited by 11th

How about the Copper question, though?

I know, but I don't have many other options. :/ I've caught Silvers and a single Gold before, I just seldom see them while hunting.

I think you'd have to offer quite a lot of Coppers to get a CB Silver or Gold. Coppers are uncommon and, thus, usually far more feasible to trade for with other, lesser things (like other uncommons) then to offer a CB Silver or Gold for. On top of that, they've been out for quite some time now and most people who need a bunch already have a bunch. I mean, maybe if you had 3-4 Green or Red Coppers you could find a Silver swap, but I don't think you'd find anyone trading a CB Gold for them.

I want to add to CuteDragon's responses that most lineage makers love to breed for free because we understand the difficulties of finding the perfect mate sometimes.

If you want, you can check my post in the Halloween Lineage Aid Center for lineages I can breed. (I'll breed for free, by the way.)

I think you'd have to offer quite a lot of Coppers to get a CB Silver or Gold. Coppers are uncommon and, thus, usually far more feasible to trade for with other, lesser things (like other uncommons) then to offer a CB Silver or Gold for. On top of that, they've been out for quite some time now and most people who need a bunch already have a bunch. I mean, maybe if you had 3-4 Green or Red Coppers you could find a Silver swap, but I don't think you'd find anyone trading a CB Gold for them.

And this is why I asked. I haven't been online here since March and everything in the past week has been Halloweens for me, so I'm still trying to get caught up on value changes.

Also, I already knew that Silvers and Golds are valued differently. I keep saying them together for the sake of simplicity, as they're the two highest valued rares.

So, I need all of your opinions on this list.

Extremly rare: CB Gold, CB Silver, CB Almandine, 2nd gen prize, Neglected

Rare: 3rd-4th gen prize, CB Cooper, Spessartine, 2nd gen metals

Uncommon: alts, black and vine, undine (?), dinos, blusang, unredables, vine, trios tan ridggewing,

Common: Anaggalis, Avatar's, black, blue-banded, lunar, nebula, purple, red, pink, seasonal, pyrope

Very common: albino, teimar, tea, blacktip etc.

I'd put xenos under uncommon, when it comes to drops and trade value, and the not mentioned dragons, I'd group under very common/common.

Did I forget anything in that list, or would you change anything there? I need speedy answers, it's kinda important xd.png

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I caught a red Copper I don't collect. I'm hoping for a Caligene but most of those have grown up by now. What could I get for it in terms of unbreedables, CB Trio's or CB Xeno's? 1:1 or more? Thanks in advance!

Are these things worthless, or am I just being too broad (asking for offers)/narrow (wanting a cb metal, low gen prize/alt black/vine)? Or does nobody like me? unsure.gifxd.png What should I be asking for to get rid of all three of these things (though I wouldn't be upset if all three grew up on my scroll)?

3rd gen Gaia spiral from GoN - lineage

3rd gen Gold stair from Snow Angels - lineage (white tip and solid gold wing)

Paper - lineage

Are these things worthless, or am I just being too broad (asking for offers)/narrow (wanting a cb metal, low gen prize/alt black/vine)? Or does nobody like me? unsure.gifxd.png What should I be asking for to get rid of all three of these things (though I wouldn't be upset if all three grew up on my scroll)?

3rd gen Gaia spiral from GoN - lineage

3rd gen Gold stair from Snow Angels - lineage (white tip and solid gold wing)

Paper - lineage

They just aren't enough for a kind of thing that you are asking for.

Pretty sure 2nd gen and up xenos aren't rare at all, breed metals aren't worth that much, and most people are looking for even gens, not stairs/spirals, and while paper are somewhat uncommon, most people don't need more then three of them (adult + freeze hatches), so they aren't really in demand.

Uncommon: alts, black and vine, undine (?), dinos, blusang, unredables, vine, trios tan ridggewing,

Common: Anaggalis, Avatar's, black, blue-banded, lunar, nebula, purple, red, pink, seasonal, pyrope

I'd put xenos under uncommon, when it comes to drops and trade value, and the not mentioned dragons, I'd group under very common/common.

Did I forget anything in that list, or would you change anything there? I need speedy answers, it's kinda important xd.png

Hmm. I'd agree w/ Xenos being uncommon. I'd tend to put 4G Prizes as uncommon as well, these days, but bump alt Blacks up to rare at the moment. Alt Vines are uncommon, I'd say, and the other breedable alts a lil more common again, but not quite enough to rate as "common". Undines are common to me, and Anagallis and Pyropes I'd put as very common.

@miss1nformation: I'm afraid you might be being a bit optimistic. You could probably get something nice for the Paper, maybe even a CB Copper if you're lucky, but the bred eggs aren't really worth much, alas.

I am trying to get ready for Christmas and am wondering how much 2nd gen snow angels are worth. I missed the Christmas drops for all the Xmas dragons from 2010- 2014 and would like to be able to trade for some 2nd gens of those years.

I am trying to get ready for Christmas and am wondering how much 2nd gen snow angels are worth. I missed the Christmas drops for all the Xmas dragons from 2010- 2014 and would like to be able to trade for some 2nd gens of those years.

It's not very hard to catch 2nd gens of each holiday, especially older ones. A lot of the 2014 ones would be 2nd gens, but since they've only been released last year, I expect them to be kinda hard to catch, but there, nonetheless.

tbh some might breed you for free, though some in the forum might just want lineage swaps if they don't want the 2gs they got. So, even if you want to have agreements with people before the season to save yourself the trouble of hunting, it's probably not worth trading a hefty amount for, unless it's a 2nd gen holly xd.png

I caught a red Copper I don't collect. I'm hoping for a Caligene but most of those have grown up by now. What could I get for it in terms of unbreedables, CB Trio's or CB Xeno's? 1:1 or more? Thanks in advance!

Put it up in a two-way teleport and ask for a CB Halloween or two. I think it's possible to get a Caligene for a CB Red Copper. I think with CB Trios/Xenos, it's definitely possible.

I can tell from personal experience, it's even possible to get two CB Halloweens with a xeno (even without asking. people offer it on their own) so I think that with a Cooper, it's possible to get three of them, at least, although it being this late into the week, most people willing to trade already traded their hatches away.

Top tier: 2g prize, 2g Holly

Tier 1: ND

Tier 2: CB Gold

Tier 3: CB Silver

Tier 4: 3rd gen prizes

Tier 5: CB copper, 2g metals

Tier 6: 4th gen prizes

Tier 7: unbreedables, blusang, dinos, alt black, tan RW, trios and alt vine

Everything else

2g prize fails go between tiers 4 and 3, 2g spriter's alts go between 2 and 3. I'd put xenos between 4 and 5. 2g thuweds between top tier and tier 1.

Top tier: 2g prize, 2g Holly

Tier 1: ND

Tier 2: CB Gold

Tier 3: CB Silver

Tier 4: 3rd gen prizes

Tier 5: CB copper, 2g metals

Tier 6: 4th gen prizes

Tier 7: unbreedables, blusang, dinos, alt black, tan RW, trios and alt vine

Everything else

2g prize fails go between tiers 4 and 3, 2g spriter's alts go between 2 and 3. I'd put xenos between 4 and 5. 2g thuweds between top tier and tier 1.

Mostly agree with this, but alt vines are around Tier 5 and alt blacks are easily Tier 4. They are very rare.

4G prizes also are similar value to the other stuff you put on Tier 7. You're not likely to get more than a CB blusang for a 4G prize.

2G in-season Spriter's Alts from Valentine and Christmas alts are easily Top Tier, imo.