Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I was really lucky with xenos during few days. What could I get for 4 CB eggs/hatches?

It really depends on what four you have. Value (mostly based on demand, as far as I can tell) is Thalassa > Chrono/Gaia > Mageia > Astrapi > Pyro. I had offers of a CB blusang hatchie and a CB magma hatchie for a Gaia egg just now. Another offer, which I accepted, was a CB tan ridgewing, CB purple, CB red, and CB magi. I've gotten CB copper offers for Thalassa and sometimes for Chrono and Gaia.

As of now, I have two CB Magmas, a Paper, a CB Pyro Xenowyrm, and a Cheese with an interesting code (uyour). Any idea of what I could get for these guys? I have no problem with keeping them if I don't get good enough offers, but I'm curious.

As of now, I have two CB Magmas, a Paper, a CB Pyro Xenowyrm, and a Cheese with an interesting code (uyour). Any idea of what I could get for these guys? I have no problem with keeping them if I don't get good enough offers, but I'm curious.

Are you looking to trade up, do an even swap (1:1), or trade down for bulk of something else (e.g. bulk of a particular CB hatchie you like)?

Trading up is always pretty hard unless you have a deal lined up with someone. Rarely do people want all the things you might have on hand, even if they are technically worth the trade.

Are you looking to trade up, do an even swap (1:1), or trade down for bulk of something else (e.g. bulk of a particular CB hatchie you like)?

Trading up is always pretty hard unless you have a deal lined up with someone. Rarely do people want all the things you might have on hand, even if they are technically worth the trade.

I think I'd prefer to do an even swap or trade down in bulk. I'm up to trading up if I can find the right person, but ideally I'd like to look for lots of hatchies I'm interested in.

I think I'd prefer to do an even swap or trade down in bulk. I'm up to trading up if I can find the right person, but ideally I'd like to look for lots of hatchies I'm interested in.

As far as common/uncommon CB hatchies go, I've been getting up to 4 per magma or 3 BSA. Paper and cheese I tend to get around 2 CB common/uncommon hatchies, sometimes 3. The code might get you one more if someone is interested specifically in the code. Since pyros are the least valuable xenos, I rarely ever get them so can't comment much about them, but I would expect at least a couple CB hatchies.

How likely you are to get the trade depends on whether you want them immediately or can wait and how specific you are. People rarely have bulk of a single type of hatchie (other than BSA, since those are common trade fodder) on their scroll at once unless they plan on keeping them. I generally just ask for "best offer of CB hatchies", excluding any I don't want (though I try to keep that list low) and see what I get. Sometimes someone really wants something, and you get a really nice offer. Basically, the more open your "want list" is, the more likely you are to get a really good offer.

As far as 1:1, you can generally swap magmas for any other trio, often for a blusang (depending on how readily blusangs are dropping at any given time). Unbreedables swap most easily with other unbreedables, but I have also gotten trios and blusangs from time to time.

As far as common/uncommon CB hatchies go, I've been getting up to 4 per magma or 3 BSA. Paper and cheese I tend to get around 2 CB common/uncommon hatchies, sometimes 3. The code might get you one more if someone is interested specifically in the code. Since pyros are the least valuable xenos, I rarely ever get them so can't comment much about them, but I would expect at least a couple CB hatchies.

How likely you are to get the trade depends on whether you want them immediately or can wait and how specific you are. People rarely have bulk of a single type of hatchie (other than BSA, since those are common trade fodder) on their scroll at once unless they plan on keeping them. I generally just ask for "best offer of CB hatchies", excluding any I don't want (though I try to keep that list low) and see what I get. Sometimes someone really wants something, and you get a really nice offer. Basically, the more open your "want list" is, the more likely you are to get a really good offer.

As far as 1:1, you can generally swap magmas for any other trio, often for a blusang (depending on how readily blusangs are dropping at any given time). Unbreedables swap most easily with other unbreedables, but I have also gotten trios and blusangs from time to time.

Alright, thanks for the advice! biggrin.gif

Would a Cheese be worth a Dino?

All unbreedables are pretty much interchangeable, though I have noticed that chickens tend to go for the most and cheeses the least. That being said, however, you should still be able to get a dino so long as you are A) patient and B ) not trying to trade during some weird dino famine. unsure.gif I swap various unbreedables all the time without an issue. I find EATW's dragonmarket very helpful for these trades (as well as posting in the forum, of course). happy.gif

All unbreedables are pretty much interchangeable, though I have noticed that chickens tend to go for the most and cheeses the least. That being said, however, you should still be able to get a dino so long as you are A) patient and B ) not trying to trade during some weird dino famine. unsure.gif I swap various unbreedables all the time without an issue. I find EATW's dragonmarket very helpful for these trades (as well as posting in the forum, of course). happy.gif

Thanks for the advice. smile.gif

Is a 3rd gen perfect checker thuwed worth a CB Mageia?

They are often given away for free in the thuwed thread in the breeding section, so I think 3rd gen thuweds are not extremely valuable. On the other hand, if someone is looking for a thuwed from the specific lineage you have, they might be willing to pay a xano for it. I'd just give it a try, but not expect too much.

Own question:

Would a metal mate be fair as a reward asking for the return of a [holidayxmetal] egg? (aka it's a solsticexgold, would it be fair to offer a gold of the same pairing as a reward for the return of the ap'd solstice egg?)

My buddies and I are doing a mistletoe lineage, but we'd like to have some of the multiclutch eggs returned because it's also a lyric lineage. So, I was wondering if it could be possible to function like that so we have something to trade for its return. smile.gif

question bump?

Own question:

Would a metal mate be fair as a reward asking for the return of a [holidayxmetal] egg? (aka it's a solsticexgold, would it be fair to offer a gold of the same pairing as a reward for the return of the ap'd solstice egg?)

My buddies and I are doing a mistletoe lineage, but we'd like to have some of the multiclutch eggs returned because it's also a lyric lineage. So, I was wondering if it could be possible to function like that so we have something to trade for its return. smile.gif

Not sure at all, but I'll share my thoughts smile.gif

Mistletoes were released last year, so this year everyone will be hunting for lineaged ones for freezing, meaning there'll be great demand for mistletoes. From that point of view, another lineaged mistletoe might be an interesting swap for those who intend to freeze (especially if already hatched).

For those who intend to build lineages themselves and like the pairing, the holiday breed is probably worth a bit more than the metal sibling, as holidays breed true only once a year.

On the other hand, especially newer players with no or very few metals on their scrolls would probably even add something to the mistletoe for a 2nd gen gold, no matter if the gold is from mistletoe or some other breed.

So I think it depends very much on who happens to catch your egg wink.gif Personally, as someone who's not really interested in mistletoe lineages, I'd gladly swap your egg for holiday freeze fodder, or trade fodder that's available all year, like a cb xeno or two. I wouldn't be interested at all in the gold sibling. But that's just me.

Hope that helps a bit?

I got multiple offers of 3 Xenos for a CB Green Copper within about two hours just yesterday, mostly groups with some/all hatchies and all the more valuable types like Gaia, Thalassa, and Chrono. If you were willing to be more patient than I generally am you might get 4-5, but you should definitely get at least 3.

I really need an Ice for my Mistletoe, and I have 2 GW, 2 Xenos (Mageia & Pyro), 1 Red Dorsal, and a Red. What of these could I trade for the Ice?

how hard is it to upgrade a Cb silver to a CB gold? (as in trading)

Edited by blockEdragon

What should I offer in exchange for some 2g Christmas Dragon Eggs(and/or hatchlings)(IOUs and such)? Like what are they worth?

CB Golds are usually worth 2-3 CB Silvers, so it's not easy.

Hmmmm looks like another one for my lineage idea

thanks for the info

What would I need to have to get a CB Green Copper in a trade? Low-gen silver or gold? Low-gen prize?

Question bump

I really need an Ice for my Mistletoe, and I have 2 GW, 2 Xenos (Mageia & Pyro), 1 Red Dorsal, and a Red. What of these could I trade for the Ice?

You could likely do a 1:1 trade of ice for the mageia.

how hard is it to upgrade a Cb silver to a CB gold? (as in trading)

Golds are worth multiple silvers AND finding someone to trade down for the silver is not always very easy. They may technically be worth the same a 3 silvers, but many people want to try to trade up with their golds, especially right now getting close to the holidays.

What would I need to have to get a CB Green Copper in a trade? Low-gen silver or gold? Low-gen prize?

3rd gen prize you can usually get one no problem. Some people are accepting multiple xenos (especially hatchies) for them. You might be able to coax someone to trade a CB green copper with a 2nd gen gold or silver from a specific mate, if they need one.

What should I offer in exchange for some 2g Christmas Dragon Eggs(and/or hatchlings)(IOUs and such)? Like what are they worth?

If you head to the IRC during breeding week, you can often find generous people offering 2gs for free, although admittedly it's more common during Halloween due to the lack of CB Halloween limits. Also, if the pairing you want is fairly popular, you might just find one in the AP itself--it's worth hunting before trying to trade. Otherwise I'd say a CB Uncommon or two for a 2g Yule and slightly lower amounts for holidays after that. Worth would probably double or even triple if you ask for hatchies, as many people want to use their egg slots for their own stuff.

2g Hollies are another story entirely and are easily worth above a 2g Prize in value.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy