Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I think I asked previously about this or maybe I just intended to...

Breeders of 3G Prize eggs are still asking for CB metals. IMHO they are not worth CB Coppers etc. In particular considering that we are two months away from the next raffle. Thoughts?

3G prizes are easily worth a CB copper, almost regardless of which line. CB coppers are not particularly rare, compared to silvers/golds. In my opinion only very rare lines are worth a CB silver, and only the very rarest and most desirable ones still worth a CB gold (and even then only to certain people).

The rarity of prizes is finicky - most prizes above 2G are more of a collector's item than anything. They have little breeding value, and are valued based on aesthetic desirability and that each line is (relatively) unique, making people feel better about an intriguing 3G prize on a scroll rather than a generic CB dragon that anyone can obtain and will always exist.

I think I asked previously about this or maybe I just intended to...

Breeders of 3G Prize eggs are still asking for CB metals. IMHO they are not worth CB Coppers etc. In particular considering that we are two months away from the next raffle. Thoughts?

I actually have answered to this question of yours a couple of pages back. 3rd gen prizes were worth a cb gold or silver until half a year ago, that's why some people still ask for that. I got a cb gold for a 3rd gen prize in march easily, and a cb silver once or twice after that. Then the value dropped, though I agree with The_Bucket that 3rd gens are still worth a cb copper or two (depending on the copper's color and the prize's line).

ETA: Last year the value of prizes dropped only after the new cb ones were grown up and the first 2nd gens started flowing on the general trading market, even though it was known long before that there would be 600 new cb prizes. So I doubt that being 2 months away from the next raffle influences values.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Is there much interest in CB Lunar Heralds now? I kind of derp-clicked one just now, and wondered whether it would be worth trying to trade it for a Holiday mate (I'm still looking for some 2G mates for Christmas and Valentine dragons).

Is there much interest in CB Lunar Heralds now?  I kind of derp-clicked one just now, and wondered whether it would be worth trying to trade it for a Holiday mate (I'm still looking for some 2G mates for Christmas and Valentine dragons).

Personally I see Lunar Heralds in the Cave constantly, so I'm not sure how much interest that trade would garner. You never know, though. smile.gif

Personally I see Lunar Heralds in the Cave constantly, so I'm not sure how much interest that trade would garner. You never know, though. smile.gif

Mmm. I've seen them less recently, and have seen a few posts from people apparently looking for CBs, but I wasn't sure. I wasn't hoping for anything earth-shattering, at least! xd.png

Right now I would honestly trade a Xeno for a Lunar 1:1. Actually, I have been trying, but no bites yet. |D; I was hunting for about two hours yesterday and didn't see a single Lunar, and that was with focusing on Desert and Volcano instead of Alpine and Coast like I usually do.

Depending on what Holidays and Valentines' you're looking for mates from, I'd say it should be a pretty easy trade, especially since many people gift them.

Right-o. Thank you both for the feedback; it's still on CD but I'll pop it up for trade tomorrow morning (once I've had a chance to check what I still need) and see how it goes. smile.gif

are lunars rare now?

i am having a hard time finding them in the biomes and they are tougher to trade for

Edited by blockEdragon

What could I trade to get a CB silver? I got an 3G avatar of change with arsani in the lineage. I've got a couple of good mates for breeding.

Your best bet in trading for a CB Silver is to try to trade for a handful of uncommons (especially CB Coppers and CB Xenos) and then offer all of those for a CB Silver. Higher gen avatars aren't really desired much in trading. Actually, as a rule of thumb almost no high gen dragons will trade for much more than a CB Uncommon. While they might be stunning lines indeed, in my experience people just aren't interested in paying rares to get them when they know getting a proper mate for them will be hard or that their offspring are likely to be worth little. Rares tend to go more for CBs and valuable 2gs that people can create their own pretty lines with.

I have the following: 2G prizekin (Undine x Bronze Shimmer) and 3G Shimmer (x Golden Wyvern). Because the market for both these things seems to change so rapidly, I feel like I'm always asking. Is one or both of these worth a CB Almandine? If not, what can I expect to trade them for?

I don't think so. CB Almandines are only a bit below CB Golds in value right now (and, honestly, would probably be rated right on par with them if people weren't holding back out of fear they'll become common again later). While prizekin and 3G prizekin will trade for CB Metals occasionally, it's becoming rarer and rarer, even for CB Silvers, so I don't think it'll work. No harm in asking, though--if they get low on time you can always lower expectations. smile.gif

are lunars rare now?

i am having a hard time finding them in the biomes and they are tougher to trade for

Couple of days ago I traded a CB Ice for a CB Lunar.

But yeah, I haven't seen them in biomes lately, even when actively hunting. :/

I'm more of a breeder than a hunter, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've definitely noticed more and more people offering CB Uncommons for CB Lunars lately. Unless all those people are just having terrible luck or are really averse to cave hunting, I'd guess they are indeed becoming a bit more uncommon--probably at or a bit below CB Xeno level.

Question! If possible - what combination of caveborn eggs might I be able to trade for a CB gold? Multiple silvers? Almandines? Sorry you're outta luck? tongue.gif

Question! If possible - what combination of caveborn eggs might I be able to trade for a CB gold? Multiple silvers? Almandines? Sorry you're outta luck? tongue.gif

Probably 3 CB Silvers or 1-2 CB Almandines. Almandines ARE as rare as CB Golds right now, but the problem lies in the fact that many of us are reluctant to trade proven rares (golds) for things that could return to being common (almandines). After all, blacks, stripes, and even seasonals have all gone through very rare spells only to return to being obtainable again, so...

How many CB (or 2nd gen) Speckle-Throat hatchies could I get for a CB Xeno??

maybe two?

most people don't raise speckle throats because they are uber common so unless oyu ask for a IOU you probably won't get an easy trade

How many CB (or 2nd gen) Speckle-Throat hatchies could I get for a CB Xeno??

there are some people who like Speckle Throats so depending on who you find to trade with you may get more

I have a Gemshard prizefail. Is it reasonable to ask for a CB Ice and a CB Black/Nebula for it?

What exactly are 2g prizefails worth?

I have a Gemshard prizefail. Is it reasonable to ask for a CB Ice and a CB Black/Nebula for it?

What exactly are 2g prizefails worth?

That is a very loaded question. Haha! I've weighed in on it before, and I had a lovely discussion in thread with another member about it. smile.gif

Prizefail worth is quite varied. A prizefail bred specifically for someone who needs it is valued more greatly than a random prizefail that occurred in the process of trying to breed a prize. A random COMMON prizefail is especially less valuable because there are going to be a lot more of them produced than a rare prizefail. I've been trying to get a thunder prizefail for a while, and so far it has not happened. rolleyes.gif

Basically, it boils down to many of the same reasons that a specific metalfail is going to be more valued than a random one. If you're just breeding for your own project and you get a fail, well it was a breeding that would be "wasted" in terms of your own project, anyway. If you are purposely taking up a breeding week for someone else, you're probably going to want more for it than you are for the "reject" you don't need. A random prizefail also is going to have a much narrower base of users interested in it. You are down to either someone who just HAPPENS to have a prize of the same pairing and wants to make a checker OR people who collect prizefails regardless of what breed they are.

So, that being said, I think your price would be very reasonable. If it's already hatched out as the correct colour gemshard, I would say it might be a bit underpay on their side. I get CB coppers for my random fails (though they have been rare fails thus far, as I have been exceedingly lucky about getting prizes on the first shot with my uncommons and the one very common I tried).

Are CB rainbow and verdigris coppers of approximately the same value? I'd like to exchange a verdigris hatchling for a rainbow, but I was wondering if there was a difference in rarity.

Are CB rainbow and verdigris coppers of approximately the same value? I'd like to exchange a verdigris hatchling for a rainbow, but I was wondering if there was a difference in rarity.

In my experience, Verdigris coppers are the rarest and the most valuable. You could probably get more than just the Rainbow for a Verdigris.

Green > Red > Brown is the generally accepted value order, with greens being significantly more valued.