TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

Another beautiful birthday for DC, congrats all!

sign0200.gifparty0023.gifsign0072.gif

19 minutes ago, trystan830 said:

happy birthday, DragonCave!!!

i've been here since the end of '08, and wow! 13 years is awesome!

edit: i have one of each, with an extra helping of green.  if it's Time, i can use all the time i can get. 😆

YES! Each one should have a BSA based on their Infinity Gem counterpart. Time lets hatchies grow up one day faster (something we've all wanted), Power enhances your egg and gives a higher chance of surviving something like Earthquake (that would be awesome, less chance of egg death with EQ if you use it), Reality lets us warp reality once and do something impossible like mating a drake and a normal dragon,  and, uh...dunno about the others. I'm sure SOMETHING could be thought of. Mind, Space, and Soul...Space could involve moving your dragons around in some way that's otherwise impossible...Mind...uhm...reversing a refusal, changing their mind...Soul...er...changing their gender or something after hatching/growing up (changing their "soul")?

Welp, the first three I snagged (Desert, Jungle, And Volcano) were kinda hard to grqab so when I went to Alpine ai went click-crazy qand have five! Looks like I'll be swapping some out when the time comes. Rats, I enjoy the hunt. oh well, Happiest BDay ever DC and since you're now a teenager - go clean your room!

Thanks TJ and all for all your hard work.

14 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

YES! Each one should have a BSA based on their Infinity Gem counterpart. Time lets hatchies grow up one day faster (something we've all wanted), Power enhances your egg and gives a higher chance of surviving something like Earthquake (that would be awesome, less chance of egg death with EQ if you use it), Reality lets us warp reality once and do something impossible like mating a drake and a normal dragon,  and, uh...dunno about the others. I'm sure SOMETHING could be thought of. Mind, Space, and Soul...Space could involve moving your dragons around in some way that's otherwise impossible...Mind...uhm...reversing a refusal, changing their mind...Soul...er...changing their gender or something after hatching/growing up (changing their "soul")?

ooh this would be cool!

Got one of each egg, I'm happy for now. Figure I'll get more later on, or just breed these guys to get extras.

35 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Think there was a description mix up—the last two breeds share the same one!

Yes, the gold/desert hatchling is supposed to have a different description. ^^; Guess they like the jungle babs too much... 

1 hour ago, Reykur said:

glad I'm not the only one :D

hatchies look quite different though so far. But I'd not complein about a two headed Leodon with different colors. :P

Both might be Yellow/Gold but I thought you would see that 😂:

latest?cb=20190214082959 ClpJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Both might be Yellow/Gold but I thought you would see that 😂:

latest?cb=20190214082959 ClpJ.gif

sneaky! The flowers kinda hide it. :) Love the texture, so a few more similar eggs would be nice! Sometimes I'm sad we can't keep eggs as they are. ^^

5 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Sometimes I'm sad we can't keep eggs as they are. ^^

i'd like to be able to freeze eggs - there's another site that i'm on that does this.

Happy birthday! Hard to believe I’ve been with ya off and on for 11 of those years.

Woke up to see all the pretty hatchies~!

I know the repeat description error has been commented on a few times now, but I actually had a question about our malevolent little pygmy's description.

"It glares at you from a haze of malevolent-seeming mists. "

I do believe that the word should be mist, which is the common plural form of a singular "mist" as well. "Mists" in this case would be like....if the pygmy took ALLLL of its Victoria's Secret body mists and sprayed them all over itself all at once. Additionally, the hatchling would be glaring at us through that haze, not really "from" it.

I would advise the phrasing be "It glares at you through a malevolently misty haze" or "It glares at you through a haze of seemingly malevolent mist".

There is just something off about the way it currently reads IMO. "from a haze of malevolent-seeming mists" just doesn't sound correct and one of the above 2 phrases might work better. Hopefully something for the Spriter & TJ to consider?

Edited by Pryanka

New release time = time to guess names!

Blue from Alpine between Aeon/Aether: Aerial, Aerospace?

Purple from Volcano between Frostbite/yellow one below...: Please be Fuchsia!
Yellow from Desert between purple one above/Gemshard: Fume Furnace Furious Gamma Gargoyle Gaseous Gaze Gemini?

Red from Coast between Kingcrowne/Kyanite: Knowing?
Orange from Jungle between Leodon/Lumina: Leonine Light Lion Lively Lord Lucid Lumen?

Green from Forest between Vampire/Water: Vapor Venial Venom Vertigo Vexing Vibrant Vile Vine Viridian Virus Vision Vulpine Wake Wander Watching?

2 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Anyways, has anyone noticed the uncanny resemblance of the new "headache" eggs from the desert, and the Leodons from last year's birthday releases?

ClpJ.gif.a246d1572f421a2984ebcb28aed91506.gif  "headache"

😕

Leodon_egg.gif.cd2bee5cfb61bd8845cfbd502aa463b5.gif  Leodon 

Now that you mention it, they do look really similar. I wonder if it was intentional.

oh, Birthday-Party! 🎂 Happy 13th Birthday, TJ and all Spriters 🌻

I see people mentioned the same-description mistake, but what about the blue stage-2 hatchie? It has the standard 'grown wings' stage-2 description, but from what I see there are no wings there... 

Ohh! I was right! 

One of the eggs did come out to be a two headed!

We've got quite a variety here!

We have a new Leviathan, a Drake, a Wyvern, a Lindwyrm Pygmy, an Eastern, and a Two-Headed.

They all look so nice, but I'm really excited for that Eastern!

Aw! I don't room for a purple egg!

It's a lot easier to get eggs now than last night.

Edit: Also, Congrats @SkyWolf25!

You made it into the cave!

Edited by Shokomon

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I see people mentioned the same-description mistake, but what about the blue stage-2 hatchie? It has the standard 'grown wings' stage-2 description, but from what I see there are no wings there... 

Really? I'm seeing an abundance of wings compared to the S1 XD 

Oh man. I'm IN LOVE with those blue and purple hatchlings. I was lucky that those were the two I got two of!!

5 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Really? I'm seeing an abundance of wings compared to the S1 XD 

*looks again* Oh, I guess maybe the stuff on the tail is wings? Huh, I just assumed they were fins or spikes or something.

I'm egglocked for now, I got at least one of each color. I ended up getting two of the dark blue and orange though since so far I'm especially interested in seeing how those turn out to be. The blue hatchling looks fascinating!

The green hatchling definitely has my favorite description of any dragon on this site.