TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

2 hours ago, Isabella Fae Graycin said:

Been a member since 2009, although I’ve stopped playing for long periods of time for various reasons, but glad it’s still around!

I took multiple long 'breaks' from DC as well, though I can't remember why now. But I love that it was still here waiting for me every time I decided to peek back in and get re-addicted! When I first found this game in 2008 I definitely wouldn't have guessed it'd still be around after so many years!

Gonna be a long wait until they grow up... I want them now! The purple one in particular looks very fairy-esque and I can't wait to see them. Reminds me a bit of the Faerie dragons from Flight Rising, my favourite!

Looking around a hatchery site, it looks like the dead pygmy egg might be missing some transparency around its smoke effects.

Remember to keep an eye on high days left eggs, it's very easy for new release eggs to get sick :c

Edited by Xili_Rem

so my favorite egg is the orange (soul) one, though so far my favorite hatchling is the blue one (i love slinky sea serpent like designs)

if the blue one grows up to my liking with a suitable slinky adult sprite, i'm going to try a pairing with my shimmer.

Edited by Sirithiliel

A Tuesday release? Didn't see that coming. I grabbed some of the new eggs. So many at once, hard to grab a breeding set of each lol. Fun! Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!!!

Happy Birthday DC!

This Anniversary is serendipitous for me. I need six dragons to reach 1000! When these mature I'll have my Platinum trophy. 😮

Happy Birthday, DC! Soon you'll be old enough to drive your parents' car!

I also need to catch up on these new lovelies, I am so behind!

Sweet Happy Birthday, beloved Dragon Cave!  Thank you TJ for a wonderful ride.  Here's to many more years.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I took multiple long 'breaks' from DC as well, though I can't remember why now. But I love that it was still here waiting for me every time I decided to peek back in and get re-addicted! When I first found this game in 2008 I definitely wouldn't have guessed it'd still be around after so many years!

Probably the same reason I stopped coming for a while, it was nearly impossible to get the rarer dragons and new releases were easy to miss.

I love them! The only problem, is that a LOT of us can only hold 5 eggs at a time. So how can we get at least one of each if we can't hold them? 

8 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

I love them! The only problem, is that a LOT of us can only hold 5 eggs at a time. So how can we get at least one of each if we can't hold them? 

Well the new breeds will be around forever, so if you don't have the slots for all of them at once you can always pick up the missing ones later. Lots of people trade off new release eggs, too.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Well the new breeds will be around forever, so if you don't have the slots for all of them at once you can always pick up the missing ones later. Lots of people trade off new release eggs, too.

WHEW!!! That makes me MUCH less worried, thank you @HeatherMarie

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

I can't describe how happy I am right to get six new breeds, they all look amazing and I love the thematic of them :P

The red pygmy one is gorgeous, both the egg and the hatchling. But the description of the drake hatchie is THE BEST :lol:

So the eggs are easy to catch, unfortunately I'm egg-locked now, still missing the Jungle egg...

Edited by Chococat0815

I just checked the description for the green hatchling too and I gotta say it is pretty funny. :D

Ooooh didn't realize we have another two-headed here, that is cool! :D

And - I just saw Infinity War yesterday and not only was I thinking of DC a lot of times but also understand the descriptions of the eggs/hatchlings much better now 😛

Edited by Kiwiana

They grow up so fast.

I made my scroll before my forum account, I think literally right around the month I turned 18. My entire adult life. I don’t know how to be an adult without DC lol.

Happy Borthday, Cave. ;A;

7 hours ago, Dancing_cinnamon said:

LOL, Dragon Cave is now a teen, yes.

I have a question: the blue hatchlings on page 1 are both female, the green ones are both male, same with the red and purple ones... is this on purpose? 🙊

The golden an orange ones have mixed genders...

Just wondering... 

Wow, I was not expecting 6 new dragons! Why do these things always happen when I'm nearly egg locked? 😅

Anyway, Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!

1 hour ago, Berlin-Angel said:

I have a question: the blue hatchlings on page 1 are both female, the green ones are both male, same with the red and purple ones... is this on purpose? 🙊

The golden an orange ones have mixed genders...

Just wondering... 

I suspect that it just means that TJ didn't worry much about that because they are not dimorphic (there's only two eggs of each) and he always freezes one anyway.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I suspect that it just means that TJ didn't worry much about that because they are not dimorphic (there's only two eggs of each) and he always freezes one anyway.

Oh I see, that makes sense... thank you!