TJ09

2019-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 13th Birthday

Happy Birthday DC! Time to summon a new dragon whose BSA removes 50% of the dragons on my scroll.

ย 

edit: 1 for each biome, that makes things easier then I expected.

Edited by Ashywolf

Happy B-day DC! ^__^ Thanks TJ, spriters & crew for fostering the love of dragonsย ๐Ÿค—

1 minute ago, Ashywolf said:

Time to summon a new dragon whose BSA removes 50% of the dragons on my scroll.

ย 

ย 

*snortgiggles*ย 

ย 

I honestly have to say I'm not really thrilled about having yet another movie/media-themed release, I really do prefer when breeds are purely original and not so obviously based on media. But I love the colors of the eggs, especially that purple one wow. Purple is my favorite color and it's just so pretty!

ย 

13th-birthday-2.gif.809d752805f7638ec13196980f1efb30.gif

๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†

๐Ÿ”†Happy Birthday DC!๐Ÿ”†

๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ”†

ย 

Congrats to TJ and all the spriters!ย  ย You're all epic individuals!ย  Now lets have some digital cakery!๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฐ

OHMYGOSH! I just caught an Alpine egg with "space" (obviously not the exact code to avoid viewbombing) as the code! *___*

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!ย  ย ๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฐ

ย 

Love the colors of these eggs. Can't wait to see what they hatch into.

ย 

Andย I just realized their reference to the Infinity Stones!

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Happy Birthday DragCave! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Of all the things, I think it's funny that the site referred to as DC makes Marvel-related dragons. But I'm perfectly okay with it!

Awesome @Blue Nadir!

ย 

Got my full gauntle.... ehmmm set of 6 xD Now let's see whichย two breeds I'll hunt for a 2nd egg.

People, *PLEASE* keep an eye on your eggs!! I'm already seeing sick eggs in hatcheries, they are only 2 hours old at this point, much too young to be getting views!ย 

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave! ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท You have brought me a lot of new online and much entertainment as I try and recover from my Chemo treatments.

ย 

Doc Mummaย 

ย 

The colours of the eggs are really nice! I'm excited to see what they hatch into โค๏ธ

I'm really not into Marvel at all, but I am intrigued by the possibility of a zyumorph-like summoning ability!

Happy birthday Dragon Cave!

1 hour ago, Natakiro said:

Could just be a coincidence, but now that's all I can think of now.

ย 

ETA: After Reading the descriptions, it'sย reallyย obviousย XDย 
Space/Blue: This crystalline egg almost looks like you could reach into its depths
Time/Green: This smooth green egg looks vaguely familiar.
Power/Purple: Powerful energy emanates from this egg.
Reality/Red: This tiny, dark egg fills you with existential dread.
Soul/Orange: This glowing egg seems to tug at your very core.
Mind/Yellow: This shiny egg gives you a headache when you get close.

Oh my GoN! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I can't wait to read what the hatchling & adult breed descriptions are to see if they further confirm this. So far I've caught one of each except for the Coast breed, so it looks like I'm off to find The Collector, then.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I thought it would be hard to catch these, but hunting on the hourly drop is a *snap*!

ย 

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY, DC!๐ŸŽ‚โค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŽ‰ Thank you TJ, spriters/artists, and everyone else working behind the scenes who helpย keep the site going. Here's to another great year!

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:
cake3.png

As of today, Dragon Cave has existed for thirteen years! That's a long time, especially by internet standards. While most people consider 13 to be an unlucky number, there should be no shortage of luck when it comes to grabbing all of these new eggs.

Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg

ย 

Are there hints in TJ's post?ย 

ย 

Possibleย Hint 1:

ย 

While most people consider 13 to be an unlucky number,

ย 

What if we need to collect two of each, for a total of 12, in order to summon the 13th?ย 

ย 

Possible Hint 2:

ย 

Candles in TJ's DC birthday cakeย 

ย 

Depicts candles representing two of each dragon, plus one candle with an unknown color where cake was sliced

ย 

Does this reinforce the idea of collecting 12 to summon a 13th? Or is it just a drawing of a birthday cake?ย :iraptor:

Got up, got ready, went to my computer, opened the forums to start celebrating the Birthday...

ย 

OhhhhhMyGodWhatDoISee ??!! You did it !!! My inner MCU fangirl is dancing with happiness, and I'm laughing with joy ! :lol:

Thank you for this gift, @TJ09ย and the spriters !! Love you 3000 !

ย 

And to TJย and all the wonderful creatives (be it spriters, writers, or other contributors) - many thanks for a wonderful site that has been here for such a long time, and never wavered in being a fun and interesting and beautiful place to go to !! Congratulations, you really did (and are doing) something very special !

And TJ, keeping the site so active, relaxed, true to itself, and free of chargeย through 13 years is nothing short of a miracle in internet times ! Huzzah to that !

ย 

Thanks and congratulations to this great community as well, it is such a friendly, generous and helpful environment !

ย 

And now I have to run and somehow get all the sto... eggs !!!ย :wub: Thankfully thereย will beย do-overs in this case...

Okay, ended up freezing 3 hatchlings to have room for 1 of each new breed. Very locked now, lol.ย 

good birthday yes i love it great event 13/10 i love a๐Ÿ…ฑ๏ธengers

the event handling has been phenomenal and us artists were all treated very nicely yes.

no drama whatsoever. no sir. life is perfect.

Happy Birthday!!!

And thank you TJ for all the new dragons (thanks to everyone who is involved!!)!!!

1 hour ago, Denwayasha said:

Oh my GoN! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I can't wait to read what the hatchling & adult breed descriptions are to see if they further confirm this. So far I've caught one of each except for the Coast breed, so it looks like I'm off to find The Collector, then.. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I thought it would be hard to catch these, but hunting on the hourly drop is a *snap*!

ย 

HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY, DC!๐ŸŽ‚โค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŽ‰ Thank you TJ, spriters/artists, and everyone else working behind the scenes who helpย keep the site going. Here's to another great year!

ย 

Plus, the Red/Reality stone is also the only stone that isn't usually in solid form, but in a red 'aether'. And thats the only egg surrounded by a red 'aether'