Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is it against the rules to post a trade in one of the threads wanting Christmas dragon offers? Since it is only a day away and I can hold the eggs I'm offering until it's bred, it wouldn't really be an IOU (I don't think anyway.) Just want to make sure.

Thanks

You can also put what you're offering in your signature.

Wait, so Christmas breeding doesn't start now?

Isn't the 18th one week before Christmas? Or does the 7 days count Christmas?

It has always been 7 days including Christmas.

It has always been 7 days including Christmas.

...and every year, I interpret "including Christmas" to mean "including Christmas Eve" (which is when presents and everything happen where I live), when it means "including Christmas Day". xd.png

Maybe we should state clearly that in the past, Christmas breeding season (and the accompanying event) always started on the 19th at 0:00 AM. xd.png

Edited by Lastalda

...and every year, I interpret "including Christmas" to mean "including Christmas Eve" (which is when presents and everything happen where I live), when it means "including Christmas Day". xd.png

Maybe we should state clearly that in the past, Christmas breeding season (and the accompanying event) always started on the 19th at 0:00 AM. xd.png

That IS what tj says when he makes his announcement. I have a different issue with it all, which I am almost over, in that midnight for me comes at the end of the day, at 24:00.... xd.png so when he says midnight on 19th, for me, that would be a lot later than he means...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I know. xd.png

Which is probably why in recent months (years) he says 0:00 AM instead of midnight, to avoid confusion.

I know he's very precise with his announcements these days. I meant "we" in the sense of "people on help threads who are not TJ", since TJ usually doesn't make the announcements before the event starts and every year I remember "one week before Christmas", and every year I wonder why it starts one day later than I had expected... tongue.gif

I have missed all the Christmas events since the snow angels. Back then it was hard to get past Christmas eggs in the AP. Would it still be hard to get 2nd gens of all the ones I missed since especially if I don't really care what they are bred with as long as they are 2nd gen? Or would I have to try to set up some last minute trades with my two snow angels and hope for the best?

The AP will be full of past holiday eggs, as it was ever since the limits for bred holiday eggs were removed.

You will find lots of past Christmas eggs in the AP. Finding second gens may be a bit harder and you may have to throw back a lot of messies. But they will be there and especially since you don't care about the mate you should really have no trouble getting what you need.

I have missed all the Christmas events since the snow angels.  Back then it was hard to get past Christmas eggs in the AP.  Would it still be hard to get 2nd gens of all the ones I missed since especially if I don't really care what they are bred with as long as they are 2nd gen?  Or would I have to try to set up some last minute trades with my two snow angels and hope for the best?

I'd trade you for 2 gen snow angels like a shot - that's what trading is all about! I have everything since ribbons, though one or two have ious. I shall be breeding them all, so....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'd trade you for 2 gen snow angels like a shot - that's what trading is all about! I have everything since ribbons, though one or two have ious. I shall be breeding them all, so....

I would gladly trade you a snow angel for a 2nd gen of something I missed!! Pm me with your choice of partner and I will gladly trade!!

Thank you Ruby eyes and purplehaze for answering so quickly!

Edited by osean

The last two years at least it has started at midnight at the end of the 18th, start of the 19th.

Thanks guys. I've been so busy lately that even obvious things seem confusing. I'll be so glad when the Holiday madness slows down. happy.gif

From the Wiki:

Blue wing: Egg is bred between 6:00 EST and 17:59 EST.

Colorful wing: Egg is bred between 18:00 EST and 5:59 EST

I'm tired and confused. sad.gif If I breed my Solstice now, what will I get?

Edit: Thank you Sock! This whole AM/PM versus 12/24 hours confuses me to no end. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Aleoleo

...i dont understand. i checked my scroll to ensure i have only 6 eggs, i bred a pair, and both eggs auto abandoned. there is a dead egg on my scroll from early morning yesterday (failed bite attempt), but i don't recall dead eggs taking up space for more than 12 hours? i'm probably just failing to remember the correct number of hours... mostly i'm confused and grumbly because this is the first time a failed bite has ever come back to bite me xd.png

Dead eggs blocked you for 24 hours. The eggshell will vanish in exactly two weeks.

Your welcome!

Edited by Tigerkralle

darn, it was me being silly about the number of hours. ah well. just means someone gets to enjoy another gen2 solstice colored xd.png

thank you!

Wasn't there a link to clear out any rejections? I stupidly bred a Holly to a GoN thinking they could make one of the avatars, so they refused. Yet the GoN isn't showing up on the breed list for the holly right now.

Wasn't there a link to clear out any rejections? I stupidly bred a Holly to a GoN thinking they could make one of the avatars, so they refused. Yet the GoN isn't showing up on the breed list for the holly right now.

No, that was when rare x rare was originally allowed IIRC. You should PM TJ the issue and the codes, though, as he just may not have reversed refusals yet.

Umm does anybody know if there is going to be a raffle this year? I know we have a small game to play through, but I couldn't find any information about a raffle.

That's because there is no information about a raffle - save that this year's Winter Holiday event doesn't give us tickets for completion.

If you play through all twelve [storylines], you'll get a special badge -- though there'll be no other rewards for participation, so don't feel pressured to take time away from your real holidays.

9pm cave time is when the colorful wing solstices start breeding, right?

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it here

my mistletoe egg is showing up as influenceable

In breed sort, where does the leetle tree sort? I can't seem to find mine since I switched to breed sort.

edit:

InugamiZERO,

Of the Christmas holiday dragons only the hollies are influenceable. The rest are one gender only. Mistletoes are an all female breed. - totally misread what you were saying. I've PM'd TJ about it.

Edited by rubyshoes