Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Will there be a way to play Valkemarian Tales: Holly Follies after the event ends? I don't have a lot of time right now so I'd love it if there were a way to play through all of the days in less of a rush. (I realize that other events haven't really been preserved. However, I feel like, seeing as this is more of a real playable game, it might be saved somewhere.)

No, sorry. No events have been available after the fact. This one was also a lot of work and there's been a lot of effort into helping out with and fixing glitches, which wouldn't end with the event. As well, this is specifically meant for the Christmas event, so I can't see why it would be preserved. ^^

Two unrelated questions:

1) If someone breeds a Christmas dragon currently not on the AP (i.e. Holly), do their extra eggs go straight to the AP? I.e. if my friend breeds her Holly, could I hang out on the AP at the same time in hopes of catching one of her additional eggs?

2) If you release a Guardian of Nature, does your breed count go down? I.e. if you have three adults and would like to have 2 adults and 1 frozen hatchling instead, could you release an adult to free up a Summon slot?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if eggs hit instantly when it's holiday breeding and most things are at 7 d 0 h, but I can tell you that it doesn't really have to do with what's currently on the AP breedwise. It's about the time left on the eggs in the AP relative to the time left on the newly abandoned eggs and nothing else. As far as I can tell the species of the eggs have nothing to do with it.

Some Holiday egg questions, since it is the first Christmas.

1. How long do we have for Holiday eggs to drop? I have heard three days.

2. Egg limit? Is it 2?

I had a third question, but it has escaped me .....

Some Holiday egg questions, since it is the first Christmas.

1. How long do we have for Holiday eggs to drop? I have heard three days.

2. Egg limit? Is it 2?

I had a third question, but it has escaped me .....

1. TJ's event announcement says 3 days, so I think that answers that part.

2. CB Holiday dragons have always had a limit of 2. Although there has been some push by users to have that raised there is no reason to believe it will change. If it does, we will find out when TJ announces it.

No, sorry. No events have been available after the fact. This one was also a lot of work and there's been a lot of effort into helping out with and fixing glitches, which wouldn't end with the event. As well, this is specifically meant for the Christmas event, so I can't see why it would be preserved. ^^

Haunted House still is. And I hope ALWAYS is. ;m;

Haunted House still is. And I hope ALWAYS is. ;m;

I had actually completely forgotten about that, thanks!

Extra work went into making sure that would be available whenever. With all the work that was already put into this quest, I do still doubt it will be available for always. ^^;; But, as usual, that is my own conjecture!

when you breed two dragons together of the same holiday (two Christmas dragons for example) do you get just one of the species or both. I think this is the first year I've gotten both in one breeding, so maybe I just don't breed holidays together enough or did something change?

when you breed two dragons together of the same holiday (two Christmas dragons for example) do you get just one of the species or both. I think this is the first year I've gotten both in one breeding, so maybe I just don't breed holidays together enough or did something change?

It is possible to get all of either breed OR a mix.

Is the CB christmas egg limit still 2? TJ's post doesnt mention it and I'm egglocjed so cant try it.

Friend tried to abandon a messy hatchlin, but can't. It just follows her back. But she does not want it. What can she do?

Friend tried to abandon a messy hatchlin, but can't. It just follows her back. But she does not want it. What can she do?

Send it to departures, if she doesn't mind it being frozen.

Edited by Labyrinthian

I froze hatchlings in stage one and they grew up? sad.gif

I thought we fixed that problem like 3 years ago? Why is it still happening?

With regards to holiday breeding: does 0:00 on the 26th mean midnight between 25/26, or midnight between 26/27? (Aka is today or tomorrow our last breeding day.)

00:00 means the beginning of the day. As in seconds after 23:59 on 25th.

00:00 on 26th means the very very very beginning of it. As in only a few hours to go (damn... I forgot about that..)

I froze hatchlings in stage one and they grew up? sad.gif

I thought we fixed that problem like 3 years ago? Why is it still happening?

This is a known issue. It's been reported. It was fixed once and then began happening again: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172289 There's just a lot going on right now with game upkeep and the holidays. It will get fixed.

With regards to holiday breeding: does 0:00 on the 26th mean midnight between 25/26, or midnight between 26/27? (Aka is today or tomorrow our last breeding day.)

You can also check out the calendar.

Today is the last day for breeding.

00:00 is when the day start, so 00:00 on the 26th is the start of the 26th/end of the 25th. Military time goes from 0000 - 2400.

I have a weird question. We all have a few really PICKY dragons who refuse more than most. mad.gif

Does anyone think this tendency is hereditary - as in their children might be that way too ? (I am about to breed and the dragon I'd LIKE to use is one of the offenders - I COULD use another but...)

Anyone have any views, or better yet, EVIDENCE ??

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have a weird question. We all have a few really PICKY dragons who refuse more than most. mad.gif

Does anyone think this tendency is hereditary - as in their children might be that way too ? (I am about to breed and the dragon I'd LIKE to use is one of the offenders - I COULD use another but...)

Anyone have any views, or better yet, EVIDENCE ??

I think it's totally individual considering there's really not a lot of genetics in this game.

https://dragcave.net/view/Ya4MW Refused two mates from the same parents. Third mate bred just fine. I don't even get no interest most the time (when I remember to ever breed them).

I've never tried breeding the mates to anything, so I don't know how they are with other dragons, though. xP

Thanks. But there ARE picky ones around. I have a few who have refused as many as SIX mates.

hey my yulebuck hatchling moved from stage 1 to stage 2(mature or what the official term is) even when it was frozen. Is it possible to get it fixed and if it is, where should i turn for help?

hey my yulebuck hatchling moved from stage 1 to stage 2(mature or what the official term is) even when it was frozen. Is it possible to get it fixed and if it is, where should i turn for help?

See a few posts up: This is a known issue. It's been reported. It was fixed once and then began happening again: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172289 There's just a lot going on right now with game upkeep and the holidays. It will get fixed.

My computer stupidly double clicked so didn't get to select which egg I wanted from a christmas breeding and now shows me having 9 eggs on my scroll. If I abandon and only keep one will that ensure all don't auto abandon?