Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Currently if you pick up a Sunrise/Sunset egg, your encyclopedia will always count it as a Sunrise egg. If you hatch a Sunset from the egg, it will then flip and count you as having owned a Sunset egg (while taking away one from your Sunrise egg tally).

My question is: Is this a glitch, or is it intended to work this way?

Intended. There was a thread when I had this question. Basically as has been said, because there is no way to tell till it hatches, as hatch time can be user controlled.

I just peeked at the forum page on my way up from DDF:

Dec 15th 2:19 PM

880 guests, 53 members 20 anonymous members ???

Edit: my brother came over to drop off some things; I came back to post and checked the forum again just now to see a natural-looking degree of shift in numbers, but still with 800-odd too many guests for the norm:

At 3:10 PM:

875 guests, 55 members 16 anonymous members

I am betting we have a lot of non-members watching the news threads, this time of year....

I got an email notification about a new PM, and when I refreshed the forums, it said "1 New message" and my browser gave me a popup-blocker message (it always does that when I get PM's). When I went to my inbox, there was no new message. Is this a glitch, or has the other person simply deleted the message before I saw it? What makes me wonder about the glitch is that the forum software told me there was a new PM, but a few seconds later there was none.

Edited by Ha-Ki

This happens when the person who sent the message used their message tracker and deleted the PM right before you saw it.

No one is required to return an egg, no, but if someone really needs it back, to the point that they announce it on their sig and change the parent names to indicate so, to NOT return it at that point is extremely churlish and selfish. Says a LOT about that person. Just my opinion.

I disagree with you. The person catching the egg might not be on the forums, or have for some other reason missed the message. And even if they saw the message it may depend at least in part on how much they personally needed, wanted, or for how long they had hunted said egg. It isn't selfish, bad or wrong to decide to keep something rightfully yours. Yes, giving it back is extremely nice, but not doing so doesn't make someone "wrong".

I disagree with you. The person catching the egg might not be on the forums, or have for some other reason missed the message. And even if they saw the message it may depend at least in part on how much they personally needed, wanted, or for how long they had hunted said egg. It isn't selfish, bad or wrong to decide to keep something rightfully yours. Yes, giving it back is extremely nice, but not doing so doesn't make someone "wrong".

Yes indeed. We do have to take some responsibility for our mistakes, and while it is wonderful to get them back (I thank all those who have recued mine) I entirely sympathise with anyone who keeps that fab egg I bred at the wrong moment. Let's be honest, which of us can say hand on heart, thank goodness that breeder didn't know to rename the parents....

I am specially grateful for the return of the egg I actually abandoned, not noticing my forum name in the code.... I forget who caught and returned it, but thanks, if you are watching!

But there is no obligation to do such things; it's just lovely that some people do.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Hmmm. Just lately, I've been expressing my opinon in a couple places around this forum, and I always come out looking bad. I'm only trying to be humanitarian. I guess I just come from another time and place. I think I'll stop and just let be.

Edited by Riverwillows

Don't take it too hard Riverwillows. smile.gif There is plenty of room for disagreement on that issue and many others, and you are as entitled to express your opinion as anyone else! I don't think you came off looking bad at all. Nor did Fuzz or Raindear -- just holding differing opinions.

Edited by purplehaze

Don't take it too hard Riverwillows. smile.gif There is plenty of room for disagreement on that issue and many others, and you are as entitled to express your opinion as anyone else! I don't think you came off looking bad at all. Nor did Fuzz or Raindear -- just holding differing opinions.

Yes indeed, river. In principle I agree with you in a way. I would always return such an egg. But I can't take it as far as guilting someone for not doing, as it is very clear in the rules that ap eggs are up for grabs.

Hmmm. Just lately, I've been expressing my opinon in a couple places around this forum, and I always come out looking bad. I'm only trying to be humanitarian. I guess I just come from another time and place. I think I'll stop and just let be.

I certainly wasn't trying to make you look bad. I just disagree and wanted to express the other side. Both sides are valid.

Question:

So there is a big convoluted story behind this whole thing, but one of my brothers was at a friends house (who his sister showed be Dragon Cave, and therefore he has one) and apparently showed my brother how to make an account. My brother rarely uses it, and in fact pretty much only uses it at his friends house or on holidays when he wants the holiday dragons or I ask him to hold some eggs for me in exchange for some rares that I breed for him.

But for some reason he has heard that he can't primarily use it at two different IP addresses along with using the account so little...? I don't think this is true but I just wanted to check that there isn't any rule here being broken.

Edited by Clya

Question:

So there is a big convoluted story behind this whole thing, but one of my brothers was at a friends house (who his sister showed be Dragon Cave, and therefore he has one) and apparently showed my brother how to make an account. My brother rarely uses it, and in fact pretty much only uses it at his friends house or on holidays when he wants the holiday dragons or I ask him to hold some eggs for me in exchange for some rares that I breed for him.

But for some reason he has heard that he can't primarily use it at two different IP addresses along with using the account so little...? I don't think this is true but I just wanted to check that there isn't any rule here being broken.

Nah, that's not true at all. He should just be careful about gifting too extensively to his friends, though, as a scroll with a shared IP and infrequent, mostly one-way activity from one scroll to another would set off a lot of red flags due to looking like multiscrolling.

Nah, that's not true at all. He should just be careful about gifting too extensively to his friends, though, as a scroll with a shared IP and infrequent, mostly one-way activity from one scroll to another would set off a lot of red flags due to looking like multiscrolling.

Okay thank you! I'll warn him.

Like I said, he mostly just helps me out during holidays and I'll trade him some eggies in exchange and occasionally hops on to grab and gift eggs during releases (He's kind for a younger brother xd.png). But I'll just let him know if he is worried about that at all smile.gif

Does The Christmas Breeding start tonight? Or tomorrow night?

Yes. Or maybe the next night... xd.png. Whenever tj says. Watch the news threads.

The last two years at least it has started at midnight at the end of the 18th, start of the 19th.

I tried the search but couldn't dig up a thread about breeding plans for Yulebucks. Any hints?

I tried the search but couldn't dig up a thread about breeding plans for Yulebucks. Any hints?

Breeding plans threads aren't something people really created until the past year... and a half? two years? Way before yulebucks were released.

There's a holiday mate thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=106839

You could create a specific yulebuck thread if you wanted, though. I think breeding plan threads tend to get a lot of activity because TJ gets adults before we do, so all we can do is look but not touch. I'm sure at least some people would post in the thread, but you might put feelers out in the general mate thread first. ^^

Is it against the rules to post a trade in one of the threads wanting Christmas dragon offers? Since it is only a day away and I can hold the eggs I'm offering until it's bred, it wouldn't really be an IOU (I don't think anyway.) Just want to make sure.

Thanks

Since it's just a day away, I think I would just hold off breeding and announcements until I know for sure what I will get. Especially since we only get to hold one egg per breeding.

Since it's just a day away, I think I would just hold off breeding and announcements until I know for sure what I will get. Especially since we only get to hold one egg per breeding.

Oh I meant I'm offering normal rare eggs for christmas's.

Breeding plans threads aren't something people really created until the past year... and a half? two years? Way before yulebucks were released.

There's a holiday mate thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=106839

You could create a specific yulebuck thread if you wanted, though. I think breeding plan threads tend to get a lot of activity because TJ gets adults before we do, so all we can do is look but not touch. I'm sure at least some people would post in the thread, but you might put feelers out in the general mate thread first. ^^

Thank you i put my feelers out there and got a few ideas but i also started a new thread for only Yulebucks. Thank you Sockie!

Is it against the rules to post a trade in one of the threads wanting Christmas dragon offers? Since it is only a day away and I can hold the eggs I'm offering until it's bred, it wouldn't really be an IOU (I don't think anyway.) Just want to make sure.

Thanks

This would be fine IMO, but I would mention that you're posting since breeding starts soon.