Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Yes, my breed sort puts adult blacks from sitting alts, then sitting hatchies, then adult blacks from curled hatchies, then curled hatchies. Both my curled adults are pre-encyclopedia (2010 and 2013).

Based on your results with sort and encyclopedia, it almost sounds like your dragons somehow changed from being classed as curled to sitting. That or you made a mistake with keeping track of which was which, but you sound like you were pretty meticulous about it.

Edit: wait, I'm using the sort by breed filter, not the sort by breed under scroll settings. Maybe that's the difference? Either way, the fact that breed filter can tell my old ones apart suggests the data was always kept.

Interesting. I tried both the filter and the sort, and the results were the same (as they should be!). It's sounding like something did indeed go wonky with my scroll, because all of my Alt Black adults are listed in a single group, and they most definitely were not all from sitting hatchlings. In fact, I basically gave up even collecting Alt Blacks a while back, because all I ever seemed to get was sitting males (8m, 1f, 2009, 2012-2014) and curled females (2m, 6f, 2009-2010), and I was getting sick of the imbalance growing ever larger.

So the data was supposed to have been saved. It does still beg the question, though -- if it got confused on my scroll, did it on others' as well? If it did, that could explain the seemingly huge imbalance in sitting vs curled adults.

Interesting. I tried both the filter and the sort, and the results were the same (as they should be!). It's sounding like something did indeed go wonky with my scroll, because all of my Alt Black adults are listed in a single group, and they most definitely were not all from sitting hatchlings. In fact, I basically gave up even collecting Alt Blacks a while back, because all I ever seemed to get was sitting males (8m, 1f, 2009, 2012-2014) and curled females (2m, 6f, 2009-2010), and I was getting sick of the imbalance growing ever larger.

So the data was supposed to have been saved. It does still beg the question, though -- if it got confused on my scroll, did it on others' as well? If it did, that could explain the seemingly huge imbalance in sitting vs curled adults.

Yea, the scroll based breed sort for mine is also sorting most of the Alts first, then sitting hatchies, then 2 more adults, then the curled hatchies.

Cheers!

C4.

If one of your growing dragons dies, do you get a notification like with Sickness. I.e. "Unfortunately one or more of your dragons has died"? Or are the egg shells / tombstones the only sign?

Also, if you have growing eggs and hatchlings automatically sorted to the top of your scroll and they die, do they remain at the top, or do they go to their normal place in the sort?

Thanks!

Only the eggshells/tombstones. They stay in their old spots until 2 weeks after death have passed (unless you move them away, of course), then they vanish.

Email, I guess. Otherwise, only if you happen to know another community they happen to be active in.

If you track a PM and it shows the person read it, does that mean they actually opened it, or does it activate even if all they do is go to their inbox and ignore / delete it?

If you track a PM and it shows the person read it, does that mean they actually opened it, or does it activate even if all they do is go to their inbox and ignore / delete it?

I think it means they actually read it, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I do know that if they delete it, it will disappear from the list entirely.

It means they clicked on it to open it. Whether they actually read it after that is hard to tell!

It means they clicked on it to open it. Whether they actually read it after that is hard to tell!

You mean the forum hasn't yet achieved sentience? huh.gif

Hey!

I was wondering, how do you center the text in posts and signatures? I've seen it before, but I'm clueless on how to do it...

Thanks for the help :3

[ center ]Put whatever text you want here![ /center ]

^just like that but take out the spaces so it looks like this:

This text is centered

This is my first Christmas in Dragon Cave and so I was wondering: is there suppose to be some sort of event? I know the Christmas/Holiday dragons can apparently breed now but will it be like it was on Halloween (with a large drop) or is it a "if one happens to drop in the abandoned area then one drops"?

Also, when is this all suppose to take place?

Edited by MiDZ

The entire week before Dec. 25, starting at midnight going into December 19, is when you will be able to breed past Christmas dragons. Great time to haunt the AP which should be flooded with past holiday dragon eggs. And there is an event going on, that when completed will gain you points towards the Raffle in January/Feb for a new prize dragon. Then on Dec. 25, the new Christmas dragon drops, it has dropped for three days after the last couple times so we can probably expect it to do that this year too. You can only keep two of these new ones, although, you can grab, gift/trade/AP, then grab more, as long as only two end up permanently on your scroll at the end of the drop.

Also, unlike the Halloween dragons, Christmas and Valentines dragons are only one gender, which alternates every year. Based on past dragons, this year should be male dragons for both holidays.

Edited by Riverwillows

The entire week before Dec. 25, starting at midnight going into December 19, is when you will be able to breed past Christmas dragons. And there is an event going on, that when completed will gain you points towards the Raffle in January/Feb for a new prize dragon. Then on Dec. 25, the new Christmas dragon drops, it has dropped for three days after the last couple times so we can probably expect it to do that this year too. You can only keep two of these new ones, although, you can grab, gift/trade/AP, then grab more, as long as only two end up permanently on your scroll at the end of the drop.

Also, unlike the Halloween dragons, Christmas and Valentines dragons are only one gender, which alternates every year. Based on past dragons, this year should be male dragons for both holidays.

Thank you River, I was starting to think there wouldn't be an event at all. Thank you. ^^

So say I wanted to describe this Soulpeace, who is one of the "marker" dragons on my scroll. Could I give him a proper name in his description, even though it doesn't match his recorded name?

So say I wanted to describe this Soulpeace, who is one of the "marker" dragons on my scroll. Could I give him a proper name in his description, even though it doesn't match his recorded name?

If you want to avoid a reviewer comment along the lines of "Your names don't match" maybe find a way of working his marker name into the description.

e.g. George has a rather unusual middle name. As "Welcome to my Scroll" he's responsible for greeting any dragons or humans who visit the caves.

This is my first Christmas in Dragon Cave and so I was wondering: is there suppose to be some sort of event? I know the Christmas/Holiday dragons can apparently breed now but will it be like it was on Halloween (with a large drop) or is it a "if one happens to drop in the abandoned area then one drops"?

Also, when is this all suppose to take place?

Checking out past News topics is a great way to test the waters and figure out what holidays can be like. =)

I don't care overly much if the description name doesn't match the given name. Not enough to reject anyway.

If you have space to link the given name to the description name, that helps (because that difference can confuse the audience), but isn't necessary.

Ex. Signpost prefers to go by George. [...]

While it's not quite what you're asking, you could also simply avoid mentioning a name entirely. I have lots of dragons with silly names or names that only make sense as part of a complete song lineage that I just describe by doing things like "this dragon" "she" "the beast" etc. Or you could embrace the silliness; "this dragon's real name is Sir Bobbykun the 16th, but for some odd reason people always call him "Welcome to the Scroll"!

Speaking of PM tracking, when a PM is being tracked and it stops being tracked without the sender ending it, does that mean the PM was deleted by the receiver? I've been waiting for a response from someone. Earlier it said that the message was still unread, but now it's gone, so I'm kinda' wondering what happened.

Speaking of PM tracking, when a PM is being tracked and it stops being tracked without the sender ending it, does that mean the PM was deleted by the receiver? I've been waiting for a response from someone. Earlier it said that the message was still unread, but now it's gone, so I'm kinda' wondering what happened.

If it is no longer listed as either read or unread it means the receiver deleted it, either before or after reading it.

Edited by purplehaze