Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Not usually good to assume anything on this site rolleyes.gif

but past breeding seasons have begun on that date, as it is a full 7 days before Christmas and allows for breeding on Christmas day for those who want the date!

Yeah, I kinda saw some pattern ^^

Besides I'll be somewhat busy this year so I need to get things organized, so a little hint is always helpful ^^

Can you get black alts from black x anything?

As long as a black can breed with it, yes.

Can you get black alts from black x anything?

Yes, any bred black egg has the chance -however small- to be an Alt

Like a dummy I decided to breed a dragon pair (who would, of course, produce an egg that was wanted and very unexpected) and auto-abandoned the egg (linked in my signature). The egg is currently at 5d19h, so I figure it should be showing up in the AP any time now. Is there a way to know, more precisely, when it will hit the AP (I don't really feel like F5ing the page for the next 24hrs) and if it's picked up by someone who hides their scroll name, how will I know?

The egg will have to go to 4 days 19 hours -- remember eggs get a day added in the AP, but it doesn't get added until they are actually showing on the page.

I am sorry to hear about your lost eggie. I have accidently auto abandoned so many, I feel your pain. However, even tho people here are nice most of the time, when it comes to a valuable egg like this, you will never get it back. It's best if you concentrate on breeding another one. It sucks major foo foo, yeah, but it's just reality here. Years of experience, mine and others, talking here. So sorry!! sad.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

The egg will have to go to 4 days 19 hours -- remember eggs get a day added in the AP, but it doesn't get added until they are actually showing on the page.

Ah, I forgot about that, lol. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear about your lost eggie. I have accidently auto abandoned so many, I feel your pain. However, even tho people here are nice most of the time, when it comes to a valuable egg like this, you will never get it back. It's best if you concentrate on breeding another one. It sucks major foo foo, yeah, but it's just reality here. Years of experience, mine and others, talking here. So sorry!!  sad.gif

I'm still so upset with myself about it. dry.gif I've resigned myself to it being lost, but there is still a trace of hope that it'll be returned. If not, c'est la vie. xd.png

Thanks for the info guys! happy.gif

You can temporarily change the name of the parents, asking for return, and forum name.  Whoever gets it is not obligated to return it, but sometimes it works.  Best of  luck

I've done that. Fingers crossed! ninja.gif

I got my eggie back!! Thanks to the amazing StormBirdRising happy.gif

Edited by miss1nformation

You can temporarily change the name of the parents, asking for return, and forum name. Whoever gets it is not obligated to return it, but sometimes it works. Best of luck

You can't catch your own abandoned eggs in the AP, someone else has to grab and discard them first which isn't likely to happen with a rare. But you can enlist a friend or two to watch for it to surface on the AP and try to catch it for you.

I am a bit confused by something I'm seeing in the biomes right now (since before the hour, though I've only been hunting for the past ~25 minutes or so) - seeing something I usually don't see so much: People picking up the right-most egg until they're egg-locked. This is happening so much that the Desert and Forest were emptied of eggs with the exception of the middle and left one (those were also gone by :19).

Is there a concerted effort being made at that in some subcommunity? If not, someone might be testing a multi-scroll bot? I wanted to report it just in case it's latter. (Though I can also imagine it's former, and will be looking through the forum to see if I can find anything like that; will edit if I do find something.)

(Edit: I can't see the associated scroll names, but I can give codes from my browser history if a mod wants them.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I'm suspecting a multiscroll bot something. Within the past week, I've observed on 2 different hatcheries a sudden influx of several dozens of eggs (definitely enough for a whole bunch of scrolls) in the ER, all about the same time left (20something hours each), or today several dozens of hatchies, all at 7 hours left, all caveborn.

I just peeked at the forum page on my way up from DDF:

Dec 15th 2:19 PM

880 guests, 53 members 20 anonymous members ???

Edit: my brother came over to drop off some things; I came back to post and checked the forum again just now to see a natural-looking degree of shift in numbers, but still with 800-odd too many guests for the norm:

At 3:10 PM:

875 guests, 55 members 16 anonymous members

Edited by Syphoneira

I am a bit confused by something I'm seeing in the biomes right now (since before the hour, though I've only been hunting for the past ~25 minutes or so) - seeing something I usually don't see so much: People picking up the right-most egg until they're egg-locked. This is happening so much that the Desert and Forest were emptied of eggs with the exception of the middle and left one (those were also gone by :19).

Is there a concerted effort being made at that in some subcommunity? If not, someone might be testing a multi-scroll bot? I wanted to report it just in case it's latter. (Though I can also imagine it's former, and will be looking through the forum to see if I can find anything like that; will edit if I do find something.)

(Edit: I can't see the associated scroll names, but I can give codes from my browser history if a mod wants them.)

Actually I saw that happening several times. And not just recently. Months ago, talking with friends about that, I called it the "vacuum-cleaner" or the "hoover". Something was taking in rapid succession a bunch of eggs from the right position, for sure quite more than 7. Several multiples of 7, if I was to guess. I thought that could be the result of an effort by a group of people or something that TJ was doing. I did not think of multi-scrolling because the eggs did not seem to be particularly valuable.

Edit: I saw that happening mostly during the night, cave time. Recently I saw it once during the day.

Edited by NotBambi

Have seen and observed the same thing not so much the last couple of weeks (lack of space to hunt) rolleyes.gif i do know of a couple of players who will spaz click a biome before they go to bed smile.gif they have posted in a thread click refresh click refresh hoping to get a rare smile.gif i have done myself and still missed thembut not more than 5 eggs if and when i have space, which is not often rolleyes.gif i also observed a mass invasion of ER Xeno's to a scroll, just after release must of been close to 200 within the space of 4 hours yet no one was interested unsure.gif even when messaged mods about maybe foul play not even replied to messages sad.gif yet sometimes its so plain to see the patterns wink.gif but nothing done or if it is they come back and do exactly the same thing rolleyes.gif

Actually I saw that happening several times. And not just recently. Months ago, talking with friends about that, I called it the "vacuum-cleaner" or the "hoover". Something was taking in rapid succession a bunch of eggs from the right position, for sure quite more than 7. Several multiples of 7, if I was to guess. I thought that could be the result of an effort by a group of people or something that TJ was doing. I did not think of multi-scrolling because the eggs did not seem to be particularly valuable.

Edit: I saw that happening mostly during the night, cave time. Recently I saw it once during the day.

I've fairly often seen a bunch of biomes emptied rapidly, especially once New Release Floods are done, probably people using snap links? Also have seen this to get the AP moving, where whole rows of Commons disappear and return later. Haven't been hunting lately though.

Thing is, if someone/a group picks up all, or virtually all, of the eggs as they come in, they can pick through them later, take what they like and either dump or raise the rest to make extra scrolls look more normal...

Like a dummy I decided to breed a dragon pair (who would, of course, produce an egg that was wanted and very unexpected) and auto-abandoned the egg (linked in my signature). The egg is currently at 5d19h, so I figure it should be showing up in the AP any time now. Is there a way to know, more precisely, when it will hit the AP (I don't really feel like F5ing the page for the next 24hrs) and if it's picked up by someone who hides their scroll name, how will I know?

OMG SWEETIE I just got your egg in the AP. biggrin.gif

I just read this before and I hoped whoever found it would give it back. I had no idea it would be me.

I'll pm you the link to it.

OMG SWEETIE I just got your egg in the AP. biggrin.gif

I just read this before and I hoped whoever found it would give it back. I had no idea it would be me.

Wow, you are kidding!! Good for your Storm, to give it back!!! Wish everyone was like you!

Wow, you are kidding!! Good for your Storm, to give it back!!! Wish everyone was like you!

I think that StormBirdRising's willingness to return an abandoned egg is extremely kind. Personally, I would return abandoned eggs as well. BUT... I do not think that if someone finds an abandoned egg MUST return it. That "MUST/SHOULD" thing is why a breeder thinks that is OK to kill the less valuable parent of a tinselkin and I really dislike that. You did not check, you auto'ed an egg, someone found it, it is theirs to keep. Be thankful that the person was so kind to return it. Kudos to StormBirdRising, you're great!

It's a silly question, but why can't you name a Leetle Tree?

The technical reason is that it's classed as a frozen egg, and eggs can't be named. At one point there was a suggestion in the BSA section to let us name (and propagate) them, though, so maybe someday!

OMG SWEETIE I just got your egg in the AP.    biggrin.gif

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Me too! Isn't she amazing?! xd.png

I think that StormBirdRising's willingness to return an abandoned egg is extremely kind. Personally, I would return abandoned eggs as well. BUT... I do not think that if someone finds an abandoned egg MUST return it. That "MUST/SHOULD" thing is why a breeder thinks that is OK to kill the less valuable parent of a tinselkin and I really dislike that. You did not check, you auto'ed an egg, someone found it, it is theirs to keep. Be thankful that the person was so kind to return it. Kudos to StormBirdRising, you're great!

It was an incredibly kind thing of her to do! I offered to pay her back for it, but she declined. happy.gif And I agree with you NotBambi, no one is required to return an auto AP'd egg. It was my fault for not checking my egg limits (it's the 2nd time I've done this - this month dry.gif I'm so ashamed of myself for not checking my limits before I breed lately!) and I had no right to expect the egg back (and I honestly didn't expect to ever see it again tbh), but I am thankful for kindhearted people like StormBirdRising and many of the other fantastically kind and generous players I've encountered over the years. wub.gif I think I've been contacted one time about an auto AP'd egg, and I'm pretty sure that was back when names were permanent so you couldn't change them to try to get the egg back. I don't remember what the egg was, but I gladly gave it back. smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The technical reason is that it's classed as a frozen egg, and eggs can't be named. At one point there was a suggestion in the BSA section to let us name (and propagate) them, though, so maybe someday!

Thanks for the info! That would be so awesome to be able to name them! xd.png

Edited by miss1nformation

No one is required to return an egg, no, but if someone really needs it back, to the point that they announce it on their sig and change the parent names to indicate so, to NOT return it at that point is extremely churlish and selfish. Says a LOT about that person. Just my opinion.

Currently if you pick up a Sunrise/Sunset egg, your encyclopedia will always count it as a Sunrise egg. If you hatch a Sunset from the egg, it will then flip and count you as having owned a Sunset egg (while taking away one from your Sunrise egg tally).

My question is: Is this a glitch, or is it intended to work this way?

Currently if you pick up a Sunrise/Sunset egg, your encyclopedia will always count it as a Sunrise egg. If you hatch a Sunset from the egg, it will then flip and count you as having owned a Sunset egg (while taking away one from your Sunrise egg tally).

My question is: Is this a glitch, or is it intended to work this way?

I guess it is intended to work this way. If it will become a Sunrise or Sunset isn't determinded by its breeding time like Glory drakes. So how should the encyclopedia know what it is intended to be until it finally hatches?