Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Quick question: is there a quick way to see what breed of dragon you don't have yet?

My unique breeds currently reads 288 and I've seen people with count of 289 so I'm wondering which breed I'm missing....

Edit: Okay I found what breed I was missing, but still wondering if there's a quick way to do so...

Edited by Moriaty

44 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

does fertility just not show up on the action log? My lineage is stuffed RN because two refused after purple bsa, but when i click into the menu, it doesn't say i used the BSA?

Sounds like for some reason the fertility page didn't load fully and complete the action.  Fertility is recorded in the action log.  Sorry to hear about your refusal.

22 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Quick question: is there a quick way to see what breed of dragon you don't have yet?

My unique breeds currently reads 288 and I've seen people with count of 289 so I'm wondering which breed I'm missing....

Edit: Okay I found what breed I was missing, but still wondering if there's a quick way to do so...

I have not heard of any quick way to check your scroll's breed list short of going to the wiki and checking one by one.

11 hours ago, Dracaena said:

12 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

does fertility just not show up on the action log? My lineage is stuffed RN because two refused after purple bsa, but when i click into the menu, it doesn't say i used the BSA?

Sounds like for some reason the fertility page didn't load fully and complete the action.  Fertility is recorded in the action log.  Sorry to hear about your refusal.

Unfortunately refusals also happen after fertility. Source: have had this SEVERAL times recently.

if only there were a permanent fix for the erratically functional sorters  .. this is dreadfully inconvenient and frustrating

please help 

Edited by orphaned

Which one is causing you problems ? Grid sort is working fine. I don't want to test the others in case I accidentally save.......

Edited by Fuzzbucket

23 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

Is there a page somewhere similar to the Wiki Egg identification guide but with hatchlings instead?

Not that I know of, but that would be nice. I have found myself clicking on things in hatcheries and checking the encyclopedia (which only works if you have them unlocked) to see what they are because it is getting hard to remember everything -- and then we had a bunch of old ones that changed!

9 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Unfortunately refusals also happen after fertility. Source: have had this SEVERAL times recently.

X_X

21 hours ago, Dracaena said:

oh no... it should be fine, it'll just take an extra month to make as the one that refused was a celestial... and refusals de corporealize them for some reason...

3 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

refusals de corporealize them for some reason

Any breeding result at all (multiclutch, single egg, no egg, no interest, refusal) will etherealize a Celestial Dragon, afaik.

Now a question for the thread... Are Balloon Dragons considered uncommon / rare nowadays?

35 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Any breeding result at all (multiclutch, single egg, no egg, no interest, refusal) will etherealize a Celestial Dragon, afaik.

Now a question for the thread... Are Balloon Dragons considered uncommon / rare nowadays?

Bred ones, I don't think so. I see them often enough in the AP. In the biomes, I'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Uncommon at worst because I do see them and even sometimes catch them. I never even see rares. They are definitely not as common as they once were, though.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

In terms of cb, I consider them uncommon. Personally experience, in the past two weeks when I'm hunting unbreedables to help my sister's freezing project, I've caught 8+ dinos of various colors, 5+ cheeses, 2+ paper, and 2+chicken but only 2 balloons (and I was specifically looking for them too after realizing I only have 1 cb).  Other rares I've seen during that time: 1 stat (missed), 3 copper (I think I caught one? Or maybe 2? Can't quite remember but I gifted it/them away anyways), a few legendary trio (a total of at least 5 with all three breeds), no silver and no gold. I'm not quite exactly sure what is considered rare here anymore though, if unbreedable and legendary trio counts.

When they do show up though, there isn't much competition to get it. Not like metals or even regular xenos, where they're gone within a few seconds of the refresh.

Bred balloons are really easy to get, though. Like if I breed anything to a balloon and I have a fair/large chance of getting a balloon egg so they can't be that rare according to ratios. Market price is also low, so.

Just want to double-check, to get the Earthquake variant of Cantormaris (the green one) they just have to survive an EQ, right? An 'unaffected' message will still make it green?

38 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Just want to double-check, to get the Earthquake variant of Cantormaris (the green one) they just have to survive an EQ, right? An 'unaffected' message will still make it green?

Yes, they'll turn green as long as they survive. Just make sure not to perform another BSA on them (I've unthinkingly incubated a surviving canto to hatch it, not a fun experience). 

If I'm on the trading hub and I say I want a "CB F Spitfire," do people assume I am ok with influence-able eggs? Or do I need to specify that? I'm autistic and it's hard for me to figure out what "goes without saying" and what doesn't. TIA! 

11 minutes ago, w0rmg0d said:

If I'm on the trading hub and I say I want a "CB F Spitfire," do people assume I am ok with influence-able eggs? Or do I need to specify that? I'm autistic and it's hard for me to figure out what "goes without saying" and what doesn't. TIA! 

If you have space, I've seen people say 'CB f spitfire [or whichever breed...] hatchie or egg'. That seems to work.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

If you have space, I've seen people say 'CB f spitfire [or whichever breed...] hatchie or egg'. That seems to work.

Thank you! That makes sense

I’d probably assume you wanted a hatchie, since egg influence is erased during a teleport.  An egg would have to be precogged (and I think never influenced by either party, receiving or sending—do I remember this correctly, folks?) 

As for your wording, I imagine people would interpret it in different ways.

7 hours ago, missy_ said:

I’d probably assume you wanted a hatchie, since egg influence is erased during a teleport.  An egg would have to be precogged (and I think never influenced by either party, receiving or sending—do I remember this correctly, folks?) 

As for your wording, I imagine people would interpret it in different ways.

It can be influenced, but it will reroll the gender if so. Thus only 50/50  chance of being what it was influenced as before trading. 

I usually put need "female spitfire or influence- able egg" obviously that can be abbreviated if nessisary.

question i thought of while stalking the AP: if i pick up an egg that came from the Market, can i trade that to someone, since i wasn't the one who got it from the Market? or would it have to be re-abandoned?

My experience with picking up market eggs from the AP is that they still cannot be teleported through the Hub unless it's changed very recently.

Anyone have the invite link to the official discord server? I tried browsing in discord and searching forums and no hits. Thanks!

I don't use discord myself so I am not sure it's what you need, but there is a discord link on the main cave page down toward the bottom, where it says "Connect".