Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

if i were to buy a gemshard from the market, would the colour match with the day i bought it or would it be randomized?

1 hour ago, Kiev said:

if i were to buy a gemshard from the market, would the colour match with the day i bought it or would it be randomized?

99% sure it would follow the pattern of caveborn and bred Gemshards, so today for example it would be Sapphire since it's Wednesday. :)

1 hour ago, Kiev said:

I have bought a couple of market Gemshards and they match with the day you buy them. :)

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, I can't seem to find anything, but when do the Holiday dragons become available this year? 

The holiday breeding starts and the holiday biome for hunting CBs of old breeds will open on Dec. 19.

The new holiday breed will begin dropping in all biomes, except the holiday one, on Christmas Day and continue through the 27th.

This, of course, is going by previous years' schedule because no official announcement will be made ahead of time.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, Kiev said:

Hi Kiev, :)   Same experience here as with purplehaze and 0x08.  I have purchased market Gemshards on various days and they have always corresponded to the day's color.

Hi, is there a Holiday event that comes this month? I've returned after a couple year hiatus, and I don't remember doing a Holiday event before. Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?

Edited by Chronomaly

5 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

Hi, is there a Holiday event that comes this month? I've returned after a couple year hiatus, and I don't remember doing a Holiday event before. Is there anything I should prepare beforehand?

I'm not an expert, but my mentor told me that dragons from Christmas in previous years will be released again. And new ones should drop on Christmas. I think. So... I guess just don't be egglocked? 

11 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

Most "preparation" for holiday goes to getting mates to christmas dragons people own, and getting BSAs to help with the season (mostly red for incubation and maybe magi for teleportation - most xmas dragons can't be influenced so there's not as much need for pink and aeons when compared to halloween craze), but at this point most of that is already over - with the breeding and dropping starting in 2 days you should just try to not be egglocked and be prepared to grab those eggs!

In terms of schedule: On the start of 19th (should be 19th if I'm not miscalculating) christmas breeding season starts (xmas dragons can breed true) and AP will flood with (mostly lineaged) christmas eggs, which you can grab! At the same time, a new Holiday biome will appear, where past year's chrismtas dragons will drop as caveborns (but there's a 2 cb per scroll limit for those). On the 25th and through the 27th (3 days), a new christmas dragon for 2021 will drop in all biomes except the holiday biome (again, 2 cb per scroll). There'll be christmas games too, past year's games include wreathe decorating, tree decorating, gingerbread house decorating, cookie decorating, holiday cooking...etc, these don't affect your dragons but you can get a badge if you participate in some of them (wreathe, tree, gingerbread decorating for example all have badges).

is there any way to stop eggs gendering while fogged? I've been hiding eggs as soon as they hatch so I can try turning them into s1 zombies but they keep gendering anyway despite not getting any more views

25 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

is there any way to stop eggs gendering while fogged? I've been hiding eggs as soon as they hatch so I can try turning them into s1 zombies but they keep gendering anyway despite not getting any more views

There's no way of preventing a hatchling from gendering if it has enough views and time.

The trick to getting S1 fodder is leaving the eggs unviewed until between 2d 12h to 3d, ER them and then hide as soon as they've hatched.

3 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

experience from my sister, who did a lot of fodders:

hatchie with <250 UV, <1500 OV will not gender by the death mark. hatchie with ~300UV, <1000OV will not gender by the death mark. if your hatchie is at ~300UV, ~1100 then there's a chance that it'd gender (ie, it's harder to tell if your egg hatch with that number and you'll have to wait it out and see if it genders or not, sometimes it depends on the specie of the egg too). If your egg/hatchie is over 400UV and (as they normally gets, >1200OV), then it's almost guaranteed that it'll gender.

I looked at your scroll and yours are all at 3000 OV 580 UV ish - I'm pretty sure that kind of stat is guaranteed to gender, and most of the time they'll gender even before they reach the 4 days mark. My sister usually pumps her freeze fodders to 2500 OV 550 UV to ensure they gender before 4 days, if you want s1 zombie fodders that's most likely not the right way to go about it.

And what my sister said about how to get hatchies at the right number:

leave the egg in ND for 18 hr

ish

can't say for sure about the exact number

it'll get the right amount of view

you know the usual 750/250

then hide it, and unhide when its like 320

it should hatch fine

if it doesn't want to hatch hide it for another 8 hours and it'll definitely hatch

^320 refers to 3 days 20 hours

Edited by Moriaty
let me get rid of the unneeded newlines

hi all, so I was just looking at the holiday dragon limits on the limits page and it shows I have my 1 leetle tree and my 1 2009 dragon, but it doesn't show any of the other Christmas dragons on my limits. For example, I KNOW I have 2 yulebuck and 2 snow angels, but the limits page says my status is 0....?

7 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

hi all, so I was just looking at the holiday dragon limits on the limits page and it shows I have my 1 leetle tree and my 1 2009 dragon, but it doesn't show any of the other Christmas dragons on my limits. For example, I KNOW I have 2 yulebuck and 2 snow angels, but the limits page says my status is 0....?

the holiday limit refers to cb dragons only

you can get cb holiday dragons from the holiday biome

3 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

the holiday limit refers to cb dragons only

you can get cb holiday dragons from the holiday biome

OOOH I thought it was 2 period, not 2 CB!! Awesome! thank you!

11 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

You can have as many bred holiday dragons as you want, the limit is only for CBs from the biome.

Why can't i pregoc and influence holday fragon of 2020? I've bred one with the Lihnie, decided to check it for the correct gender and I am getting the message, that the dragon is unavailable in both genders , or something like that.

24 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Why can't i pregoc and influence holday fragon of 2020? I've bred one with the Lihnie, decided to check it for the correct gender and I am getting the message, that the dragon is unavailable in both genders , or something like that.

Most holiday dragons (except Hallowe'en) are one sex only. The only exceptions are BRED Hollies and Mistletoes. None of the CBs can be influenced. So any dragon that isn't a bred Mistletoe or a Holly will be its designated sex, no matter what. That Snow you have is male. End of, as you might say.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

14 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

You could Freeze them then kill them. Otherwise get them a very small amount of views then fog till near death and hatch it without using an ER then fog to death. It's doable but takes time and work.

TLQ, just want to check that Public or Highlighted Groups can be viewed by anyone regardless if scroll is hidden. Someone made an offer on my trade indicating they couldn't see the group I was asking for a mate for. Can someone shed some light on it and test the link for me? Need Holiday Mates My husband tested it in when logged into his scroll (same PC), and I tested in a browser where neither of us was logged in and could see both Public and Highlighted Groups. 🤷‍♀️ Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

6 minutes ago, Shala said:

TLQ, just want to check that Public or Highlighted Groups can be viewed by anyone regardless if scroll is hidden. Someone made an offer on my trade indicating they couldn't see the group I was asking for a mate for. Can someone shed some light on it and test the link for me? Need Holiday Mates My husband tested it in when logged into his scroll (same PC), and I tested in a browser where neither of us was logged in and could see both Public and Highlighted Groups. 🤷‍♀️ Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

Can see it just fine.

2 minutes ago, Paradisiske said:

Can see it just fine.

Cool, thanks! ^_^