Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

59 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I don't use discord myself so I am not sure it's what you need, but there is a discord link on the main cave page down toward the bottom, where it says "Connect".

lol thanks. I haven't actually "looked" at the main page in years. my bad.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, Dracaena said:

I have a suspicion of what happened to Abby.  Last I looked at my lines the name had gotten very political and that was a little while back.  If it changed to something worse I'd say TJ killed it for offensive name.

*sigh*  I wish losing the ability to name would be the punishment instead.

I was going to breed my Holly from Abby and saw the ruined lineage.

My dragon was my prize for winning the Holly contest in 2019.

Now my poor little dragon has to go in the "Messy" group, never to be bred again, as I don't tend to have many dead dragon lineages.

On 12/7/2021 at 12:49 AM, PrincessLucy said:

I was going to breed my Holly from Abby and saw the ruined lineage.

Were you after continuing a 3G line? I have a (non) Abby Holly x Silver tin line which would produce a sibling to This. I would be happy to freebreed :)

It really sucks about that, I saw the names it had descend further into madness and got worried for the dragon’s fate. Killing it just punishes everyone :( Esp a prize.

Actually, I came with a question on Hollies anyway!

If someone had a HM female holly:

- Does it count towards Holly limit?

- Can it breed with a male holly and make a PB!?

Thanks for the answers! Thats really interesting, actually. 

Edited by Ruffledfeathers

8 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Yes

8 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Were you after continuing a 3G line? I have a (non) Abby Holly x Silver tin line which would produce a sibling to This. I would be happy to freebreed :)

It really sucks about that, I saw the names it had descend further into madness and got worried for the dragon’s fate. Killing it just punishes everyone :( Esp a prize.

Actually, I came with a question on Hollies anyway!

Thank you for the offer, but I am all set.  I was breeding 3rd gen checkers solely for the purpose of trading them away.

I will find a mate to replace the Abby offspring. If not, I will just switch to a stair, as I have Tinsel from Holly and CB Hollies.

Your Holly questions are part of why I spend the week before Christmas feverishly grabbing every Holly I can from the AP, hoping to find the elusive PB.

I'm reading "The Official Art Usage Form" and I have a question that I don't know. What is Off site? Is this a fan site?

4 minutes ago, Kingchobab said:

What is Off site?

It usually refers to any website that is not part of DC (ie dragoncave.net), this include any fan site I believe.

Whether that includes the forum is kind of on a case-by-case basis? Like most people consider forum on site by default, but then for trading hub messages you can't include links to threads/posts/things on this forum because they're considered off site links. I'm not familiar with the art usage form so I can't be for sure there.

Am I the only one who can see this?

Edit: it just came back to normal. Nevermind

스크린샷_20211208-163400_Chrome.jpg

스크린샷_20211208-163352_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Lovaas

7 minutes ago, Lovaas said:

Am I the only one who can see this?

I just looked up the trade and I'm not seeing that, maybe it's a cache issue? This is what I'm seeing

image.jpeg.8d9b72ae515bf702caec3308d5c127d4.jpeg

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just looked up the trade and I'm not seeing that, maybe it's a cache issue? This is what I'm seeing

image.jpeg.8d9b72ae515bf702caec3308d5c127d4.jpeg

I guess it was my problem. Thank you.

Edited by Lovaas

1. When buying a Dorsal or Ridgewing Dragon from the market, is the common variant guaranteed or is there a chance for the rare variant to be bought?
  2. Can an abandoned egg or hatchling become sick if it's viewbombed?

30 minutes ago, 0x08 said:
  1. When buying a Dorsal or Ridgewing Dragon from the market, is the common variant guaranteed or is there a chance for the rare variant to be bought?
  2. Can an abandoned egg or hatchling become sick if it's viewbombed?

Not sure about the first thing but apparently yes to the 2nd, people were talking about it here: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/187850-have-hatchlings-automatically-show-up-in-the-ap-at-4-days-1-hour/

As far as I know, like coppers, nebulas and ridgewings, which colour you get of the variables in the market is just like catching them in the AP. Random, with it all skewed towards the commoner version.

so i have a new Shiny group  - Gemshards, Fire Gems, and Sapphires.  am i missing any other Jewel dragons?

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

so i have a new Shiny group  - Gemshards, Fire Gems, and Sapphires.  am i missing any other Jewel dragons?

Almeralds perhaps? And diamondwings?

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Almeralds perhaps? And diamondwings?

yes... and yes!

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Spinels?

of course!

thanks!

any more?

1 minute ago, LevelsOfViolence said:

Aren't Pyralspites based on garnets as well?

yes... yes they are, thanks!

They get their name from their resemblance to and affinity for garnets of the pyralspite family—they hoard such gems, preferring garnets that match their variant, and can tell the type of garnet from how it tastes.

17 minutes ago, trystan said:

Don't know how loosely you are defining these, but Soulstones are tied to pearls. And Starsingers have crystals. 

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Don't know how loosely you are defining these, but Soulstones are tied to pearls. And Starsingers have crystals. 

i'll take a look at 'em, thanks! :D

edit - yep, those work too, thanks!

edit2 - i've also added the Moonstones and Sunstones too. :)

Edited by trystan

2 minutes ago, Arcy said:

geodes and kyanite pygmies? :3

? Are you trying to breed them? As far as I know, pygmies can only breed with pygmies, same for dual headed dragons and drakes, to my knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Arcy said:

geodes and kyanite pygmies? :3

yes... and after some googling, also yes.

1 minute ago, IzzyCat91 said:

? Are you trying to breed them? As far as I know, pygmies can only breed with pygmies, same for dual headed dragons and drakes, to my knowledge.

i was asking about dragons that might be included in my Shiny group. :D