Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If an egg that "resembles a glowing stone" were to be generated at 5:55pm, left be for a few minutes, then picked up at 6:01pm, would it be a Moonstone or a Sunstone?

13 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

If an egg that "resembles a glowing stone" were to be generated at 5:55pm, left be for a few minutes, then picked up at 6:01pm, would it be a Moonstone or a Sunstone?

Moonstones and Sunstones are not time sensitive. An egg picked up at any time with that description could be either one.

Quick question: is it possible to get a staterae breeding a staterae with a holiday mate? I'm asking since I have tried around 20 times now, and only got different xenowyrms

32 minutes ago, Iside said:

Quick question: is it possible to get a staterae breeding a staterae with a holiday mate? I'm asking since I have tried around 20 times now, and only got different xenowyrms

It is definitely possible, just rare. Again an entirely luck thing.

Hope your pair would give you a stat soon!

Eggs have to be certain age to be teleported? Like my egg claims to be "too young" when I try to teleport it. 

5 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Eggs have to be certain age to be teleported? Like my egg claims to be "too young" when I try to teleport it. 

Eggs from the cave have a 5 hour cooldown before you can teleport or abandon them. Bred eggs have no cooldown.

That makes sense. I didn't realize it was both the abandon and teleport. 

I have two Ice, two Magma and four Thunder dragons. My odds of successfully summoning a GoN should be slightly increased, right?

12 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

I have two Ice, two Magma and four Thunder dragons. My odds of successfully summoning a GoN should be slightly increased, right?

Supposedly yes, but then no one really know what the increase is with each triplet and even what the base chance is.

(it's really a luck thing too, I have like 17 triplets and a few extra ice and still failed to summon my third for at least ten times already. Then again I remember getting my first GoN on my first summon back when I only had 3 or 4 pairs)

I just tried to breed for a Avatar of... Destruction (I think lol), and my dragons don't like each other. Does that mean that they'll never breed? 

1 minute ago, Moriaty said:

Supposedly yes, but then no one really know what the increase is with each triplet and even what the base chance is.

(it's really a luck thing too, I have like 17 triplets and a few extra ice and still failed to summon my third for at least ten times already. Then again I remember getting my first GoN on my first summon back when I only had 3 or 4 pairs)

Oh wow! GoN is picky about showing up XD Thanks for the info.

Just now, AsymDoll13 said:

I just tried to breed for a Avatar of... Destruction (I think lol), and my dragons don't like each other. Does that mean that they'll never breed? 

What message did you get exactly? If it was "The dragons don't really show much interest in each other.", it was just bad luck and you should try again next week, preferably with help of Fertility. But if it was "The dragons refuse to even go near each other.", then that's a refusal and they'll never breed. :(

52 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Oh no. I can't remember! I think it was a refusal... Darn. 

If it was a refusal you will know for sure when they come off cooldown in a week. If they refused the rejected mate will show up in greyscale way at the very bottom of the breeding list and you will not be able to select it. If it was just a no interest the mate you tried should show up as a potential mate at or near the top of the breeding list.

Edited by purplehaze

Need a little confirmation since something has come to my attention.

For dual element dragons like Astaarus [Light/Fire], Aeria Gloris [Magi/Lightning], Xols [Fire/Water], is it possible to breed both corresponding Avatars when paired with a GoN, or does only the first element determine which Avatar you will get? As in, one could only get AoCs from an Astaarus but and never an AoD, despite the fact that it belongs to Fire element?

I was under impression that both outcomes are possible but now I'm not so certain, which is quite an issue as I'm currently preparing for a lineage that might not even be achievable.

Edited by LevelsOfViolence

As far as I can tell, Aeria Gloris will always give Change, Astaarus always gives Creation and Xol always gives Destruction. I just tested sere val and only got the other breed anyway....

So yeah - I think you are stuck.

Well, that is mildly upsetting - though mostly because it means that I've wasted several people's time.

This was the lineage in question:

Spoiler

qs6t8D3.png

Really liked the colors but at least I can still turn it into a deadline and work only with Wintertides/AoDs, I guess.

Regardless, thanks for confirming.

21 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Oh wow! GoN is picky about showing up XD Thanks for the info.

It took me well over a year trying weekly between my first and second GON. That's after trying weekly for three years to summon my first. GON are very picky indeed. 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:48 AM, HeatherMarie said:

@missy_   Nebulas sort with blue/purple together and green/red together, so I believe the hatchie should be purple if it's under the blue/purple.

The Terrae are a strange frustrating case when it comes to sorting, I once posted about it here, but because of the egg-sorting thing with them I don't think it's possible to tell anything about the eventual hatchie/adult unless you know what egg-sprites all your other Terraes were.

Thanks, Heather.  The Nebula did indeed turn out purple. 

I have never kept up with my Terrae egg sprites; maybe one day I will get around to it (then again, maybe not!).  At least it sounds like there may be some sort of workaround if I keep up with what egg went with what Terrae.  Another good argument for egg freezing…

On 11/20/2021 at 6:47 PM, 0x08 said:

I’m not sure about this, but I am under the impression that the general consensus is the more Trios you have the more success you’ll have in summoning.  Then again, those GoNs sure can be stubborn…

Edited by missy_

Is it allowed to post a concept or draft of a dragon request before submitting it to the queue?(=can I post it asking for critiques and ideas before submitting?)

1 hour ago, Rige1 said:

Is it allowed to post a concept or draft of a dragon request before submitting it to the queue?(=can I post it asking for critiques and ideas before submitting?)

I don't think so, asking for critiques and ideas is part of the process of Dragon Requests and that will all happen after you submit it to the queue and it gets posted.  Remember nothing needs to be polished or finalized before submitting it, that will all happen in the thread.

Hi everyone !

Are we expecting a new release next sunday ? I still don't get when these new releases are, so I'm asking here, I hope I don't bother !

Also, is there a pattern for the new releases ?