Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

For Pyropellis breeding, do SAlts still give the same color flames as regular dragons? I was looking at Process' Omen SAlt, which has yellow flames... would it still give purple?

Another one that differs significantly is NiramiTheRaven196's Arcana SAlt, which has cyan flames rather than green. Hmm...!

Edited by 0x08

You pick up the scroll labeled “[scroll name]” only to find that it is charred and impossible to read.

Does this mean that the scroll in question was burned? And if yes, what will happen to the dragons of this user? (I'm asking because I have some offspring!)

33 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

You pick up the scroll labeled “[scroll name]” only to find that it is charred and impossible to read.

Does this mean that the scroll in question was burned? And if yes, what will happen to the dragons of this user? (I'm asking because I have some offspring!)

Scroll is burned, yes. Nothing should happen to the dragons. TJ usually saves kills for specific dragons with specific issues (see Abby discussion a few pages back). I have a lineage or two from someone who got their scroll burnt a long time ago and even their dragon names are still intact.

46 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

A charred scroll's dragons generally remain intact, right down to displaying the scroll name on the dragon's page if the account settings are just right.

Has the message you get when a scroll is hidden changed ? I thought it used to say  something like "You search but you cannot find the scroll you were looking for" but today I get: "You pick up the scroll labeled “scrollname,” but it does not yet have anything written on it." Am I imagining it or is that new ?

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Has the message you get when a scroll is hidden changed ? I thought it used to say  something like "You search but you cannot find the scroll you were looking for" but today I get: "You pick up the scroll labeled “scrollname,” but it does not yet have anything written on it." Am I imagining it or is that new ?

I have sometimes seen that message before. It seems there are at least two messages, but I don't know if they are used for different situations? Or is it like the message for the hatchling that refuses to be abandoned, which has several seemingly random wordings?

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've looked around and this is what I've found.

This message appears if a scroll does not exist or was hidden by its owner: You can’t seem to find the scroll you’re looking for...

This message appears if a scroll exists but has no creatures on it, or if its adults are hidden and there are no (unfogged) hatchlings or eggs: You pick up the scroll labeled “scroll,” but it does not yet have anything written on it.

(As a matter of fact, there exists a scroll named Scroll which has nothing on it!)

Edited by 0x08

The scroll I got the message for is hidden, but I think it has a hatchie still growing. I'm not sure now...

I don't know - maybe everything there has grown up now.... As it's hidden, I can't look :D

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The first statement is either on a hidden scroll or one that has never been created. the second? that's the message given when there is nothing on the scroll, like my 2008 scroll, https://dragcave.net/user/dragongrrl, a dismal failure in my first time on the site. I could not even log into it when I returned in 2010, so I created a new scroll, slightly different name, and am creeping up on 8000 dragons by Christmas. I don't think those messages have ever changed.

On 11/8/2021 at 2:29 PM, Lost_Unicorn said:

Can a bitten egg get repulsed if there's only the biting vampire on the scroll?

So... I notice that I never see hatchlings on the AP... Are they somewhere else? Or is it just a case of abandoned hatchlings being rarer? 😺

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

So... I notice that I never see hatchlings on the AP... Are they somewhere else? Or is it just a case of abandoned hatchlings being rarer? 😺

They're a lot rarer to see, they're usually grabbed up much faster too (ie, during normal time, you toss a hatchling in, 1 sec and bam, it's picked up already - that experience come from me abandoning revived hatchlings). After each holiday season end there's a chance of seeing a huge hatchling wall though - sounds like you missed the last one after Halloween, don't worry, you'll probably see another one after Christmas breeding season ends (or you can check out the watching the wall thread (which is locked but has a lot of screenshots of hatchie walls

I think the current mechanism for AP is that hatchies, like eggs, are all ordered by their time till death (roughly) , so if your earthquake let a hatchling ran away, it'll float in AP for a few days until its time till death lines up with the eggs in the AP, then it'll show up.

I just checked the secret santa account and at least right now they haven't created a 2021 secret santa thread yet. Hopefully it opens soon

8 hours ago, celis said:

Anyone know if they're doing a Secret Santa exchange for this year?

8 hours ago, Moriaty said:

I just checked the secret santa account and at least right now they haven't created a 2021 secret santa thread yet. Hopefully it opens soon

The honest truth is that Santa is getting old and forgetful and busy and completely forgot about this until now.

I have just sent a message out to other members of the Santa team asking if there is any way we can pull this off this year.

I am so sorry. I don't want to disappoint because I know this is something that people look forward to. It will depend on the response I get from the rest of the team. Stay tuned for further info.

Anybody have a Mirisia hatchling on hand? I'd like to take a look at its description. :)

11 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The honest truth is that Santa is getting old and forgetful and busy and completely forgot about this until now.

I have just sent a message out to other members of the Santa team asking if there is any way we can pull this off this year.

I am so sorry. I don't want to disappoint because I know this is something that people look forward to. It will depend on the response I get from the rest of the team. Stay tuned for further info.

It's all good if it becomes too much this year.  I know it's a massive undertaking to do it (I mean hello, I got burned out on doing the Holly Give-away contest), so no harm no foul if it's a no go.

But if it could be done, sweet!

What happens to a tombstone after you fail to revive a dragon? Does it disappear or stay on you scroll until its two weeks are up? If it stays on your scroll, can you keep trying to revive the it?

If you kill a dragon and it revives normal, can you kill it and revive it again?

2 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

What happens to a tombstone after you fail to revive a dragon? Does it disappear or stay on you scroll until its two weeks are up? If it stays on your scroll, can you keep trying to revive the it?

If you kill a dragon and it revives normal, can you kill it and revive it again?

The tombstone stays on your scroll for 2 weeks. You have 1 shot to revive. Regardless of whether that shot succeeds or fails, it's used up and the dragon may not be revived again, even if you kill it a second time.