Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Oh also, Almeralds apparently are really hard to breed (I think Long Before Sunrise told me that... maybe it was Trystan...anyway, is hard so I hear)

Last I knew almeralds were too easy to breed, the hard part is getting older commons out of them. Granted, that was awhile back, so maybe they're on even footing with magis now.

Are autoabandoned eggs affected by the "you can't pick up an egg you abandoned" rule?

Edited by 0x08

I want to make a banner for Secret Santa. How would I go about getting permission to use like 4 DC egg sprites for such a project?

55 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Are autoabandoned eggs affected by the "you can't pick up an egg you abandoned" rule?

Yes. Annoying isn't it !

10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes. Annoying isn't it !

WOW that sucks. Okay. Thanks for the info. 💔

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

Wait, what? I pick up eggs from the AP and then abandon them and then I re-pick them up and it works. Is this rule only for eggs that you breed or what? 

4 minutes ago, w0rmg0d said:

Wait, what? I pick up eggs from the AP and then abandon them and then I re-pick them up and it works. Is this rule only for eggs that you breed or what? 

If you drop an egg you can't pick it up again until someone else picks it up and drops it, as far as I know. I'm a bit bummed that it also applies to auto-abandoned eggs...

6 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

If you drop an egg you can't pick it up again until someone else picks it up and drops it, as far as I know. I'm a bit bummed that it also applies to auto-abandoned eggs...

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thank you for explain it! 

On 5/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, Starbit said:

How long does it take for the Freeze cool down to reset? Do the slots comeback as I've used them or do I need to wait until all 18 have cooled down? 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, ADN6 said:

Each slot comes back 2 weeks after you used it. 

Question about freeze slots: Wiki states that platinum trophy gets 18 every two weeks.   I have platinum trophy.  But I recently froze something a couple of days ago and got a message — something about five freeze slots.  Does this mean I only get five freeze slots every two weeks?  I am trying to prepare for the holidays. Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Question about freeze slots: Wiki states that platinum trophy gets 18 every two weeks.   I have platinum trophy.  But I recently froze something a couple of days ago and got a message — something about five freeze slots.  Does this mean I only get five freeze slots every two weeks?  I am trying to prepare for the holidays. Thanks in advance.

If you have platinum you should get 18 freeze slots that each come back a full two weeks after each use. If you go here you can see a list of things you've frozen in the past two weeks, if you are unsure when/what you've frozen: https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze

If the freeze-text says 5 slots it may mean 5 slots left (mine currently says You can use this action 9 more times before you must wait for a few weeks ) which means you've used 13 in the past two weeks.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

If you have platinum you should get 18 freeze slots that each come back a full two weeks after each use. If you go here you can see a list of things you've frozen in the past two weeks, if you are unsure when/what you've frozen: https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze

If the freeze-text says 5 slots it may mean 5 slots left (mine currently says You can use this action 9 more times before you must wait for a few weeks ) which means you've used 13 in the past two weeks.

Thank you, that was super helpful! I don’t know where I thought I saw “5”.*** I just looked at a potential freeze candidate and it say (You can use this action 17 more times before you must wait for a few weeks). So I must have frozen 3 things in the past … approximately two … weeks? The “wait for a few weeks” statement throws me a bit.

it is kind of odd, because it only shows me one hatchling when I go to the https://dragcave.net/help/actions/#freeze link:

FD0D35CF-E0B3-4F79-A6DD-0D53F8B7998C.thumb.jpeg.14dd366278b77e339edfc9be0f4b7982.jpeg

But when I go to a potential hatchling for freezing’s page, I get this:

CA8314B3-19D6-4A3E-A183-6F773B85CF93.jpeg.c8f1aa68ce01f628edf052ec0d7dd570.jpeg

which shows 17 times, indicating I’ve used it 3 times. Yet only one hatchling is shown on this page. I don’t remember exactly what I frozen or when, although I could go through my actions pages.

*** Footnote ETA: I must have inadvertently looked at the kill slots: (“5.”)

Edited by missy_

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

which shows 17 times, indicating I’ve used it 3 times. Yet only one hatchling is shown on this page. I don’t remember exactly what I frozen or when, although I could go through my actions pages.

The total is 18, so if it shows '17 more times' that means you've used 1 freeze slot, which seems to line up with what the actions/freeze page is showing. 

41 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Platinum trophy gets 18 slots, which is 17+1 so it's showing correctly.

You get 10+2 per trophy level slot, so no trophy = 10 per week, bronze = 12, silver = 14, gold = 16, and platinum = 18

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

The total is 18, so if it shows '17 more times' that means you've used 1 freeze slot, which seems to line up with what the actions/freeze page is showing. 

45 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Platinum trophy gets 18 slots, which is 17+1 so it's showing correctly.

You get 10+2 per trophy level slot, so no trophy = 10 per week, bronze = 12, silver = 14, gold = 16, and platinum = 18

Thank you both. I can’t count, apparently. XD

1 minute ago, psyrae said:

help because I legitimately can't tell the difference

https://dragcave.net/lineage/MG3Fy rainbow or pennybright copper?

Rainbow. (Hint, if you look real close the rainbow eggs have a patch of brown-ish on the top left and the pennybrights don't.)

What do people think of Market eggs? I know that CB eggs are prized, but I've never seen anyone mention the market eggs. 

28 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

What do people think of Market eggs? I know that CB eggs are prized, but I've never seen anyone mention the market eggs. 

I'm not sure what you are wanting to know? 

As in why you don't see market eggs mentioned on the hub?  They can't be traded (abandoned yes but still untradeable when the next person catches it).

They are still cave born, only difference is origin (market vs alpine, etc.)  Raffle win prizes have origin of cave.  I've not encountered anyone who made a fuss on origin (including dates of holidays if 1st year release or later).  Though I should amend that slightly, there does seem to be a market for vampires bitten by one from release year, but I don't collect vampires for that to matter personally.

Does that cover what you were interested in or did I miss the mark?

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Rainbow. (Hint, if you look real close the rainbow eggs have a patch of brown-ish on the top left and the pennybrights don't.)

oh my god thank you SO MUCH that was driving me bananapants bonkers

Is it possible for a pair that successfully bred with Fertility one time to reject one another the next time?

6 hours ago, psyrae said:

oh my god thank you SO MUCH that was driving me bananapants bonkers

Yeah, it takes good eyes, which I don't have!

There is another way to tell, which I find much easier. If you use the temporary sort for breed -- top right on your scroll -- the Pennybrights will sort below the Verdigris ones. Works for the eggs, too, so you can tell easily because the rainbows sort above the Verdigris.

1 minute ago, 0x08 said:

Is it possible for a pair that successfully bred with Fertility one time to reject one another the next time?

No. Unless it is a holiday that you bred in season the first time.

6 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

They're two regular dragons, so this is good to hear. Thanks!

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, it takes good eyes, which I don't have!

There is another way to tell, which I find much easier. If you use the temporary sort for breed -- top right on your scroll -- the Pennybrights will sort below the Verdigris ones. Works for the eggs, too, so you can tell easily because the rainbows sort above the Verdigris.

brilliant, thank you!

13 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I'm not sure what you are wanting to know? 

As in why you don't see market eggs mentioned on the hub?  They can't be traded (abandoned yes but still untradeable when the next person catches it).

They are still cave born, only difference is origin (market vs alpine, etc.)  Raffle win prizes have origin of cave.  I've not encountered anyone who made a fuss on origin (including dates of holidays if 1st year release or later).  Though I should amend that slightly, there does seem to be a market for vampires bitten by one from release year, but I don't collect vampires for that to matter personally.

Does that cover what you were interested in or did I miss the mark?

I think that all makes sense. Thank you!