Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

40 minutes ago, calona said:

Hi everyone !

Are we expecting a new release next sunday ? I still don't get when these new releases are, so I'm asking here, I hope I don't bother !

Also, is there a pattern for the new releases ?

November is less known. For non-holiday months its always the last sunday of the month. But Halloween spills into November so sometimes we get one and sometimes we don't. But I believe we have the last few years in a row. So maybe it's set now too. Holiday months happen on the holiday: Halloween, Christmas, valentines, and Dragcave's Birthday in May.

Questions are not a bother, some day you'll be the knowledgeable old member answering questions for newer ones. :)

Edited by DragonLady86

To share my own experience, I bred my Pennybright with my Electric a few days ago and got a Rainbow, actually. 😮

My guess is that in my case, the mom's habitat (Alpine) was chosen over the dad's variant to determine the offspring's color.

Edited by 0x08

A different question... What is the best method to ensure that a Sapphire egg/hatchling stays blue? I was thinking of keeping the egg fogged until 4d, put it in ER, hatch it and fog it again, then repeat for the hatchling. Would that work?

Edited by 0x08

28 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

A different question... What is the best method to ensure that a Sapphire egg/hatchling stays blue? I was thinking of keeping the egg fogged until 4d, put it in ER, hatch it and fog it again, then repeat for the hatchling. Would that work?

Personally I prefer leaving it in hatcheries for a while (while I can check frequently) to give some UV first, because then it will need fewer views in total. Then fog it until it can hatch, repeat for the hatchling. But just ERing it should work too. Only views matter for turning them yellow so as long as those are under 4k you're good. If you want to be super safe, let it get even more low time so that it'll hatch/grow with lower stats. 

I discovered that putting it into an ER at 4d usually gives it dangerously many V/UVs.

My method is normally influencing and incubating the egg, fogging it until 4d20 or so and then putting it into one hatchery (I usually choose  Valleys Sherwood for this). Then it slowly gains sufficient views to hatch (at around 1600/300 or 400 or so) and then you can do the same for it to grow up. (Take it out of the hatchery until around 4d20h-5d and then put it into one hatchery until it grows up.)

1 minute ago, Astreya said:

I discovered that putting it into an ER at 4d usually gives it dangerously many V/UVs.

My method is normally influencing and incubating the egg, fogging it until 4d20 or so and then putting it into one hatchery (I usually choose  Valleys Sherwood for this). Then it slowly gains sufficient views to hatch (at around 1600/300 or 400 or so) and then you can do the same for it to grow up. (Take it out of the hatchery until around 4d20h-5d and then put it into one hatchery until it grows up.)

Ooh, okay. This makes a lot more sense than what I was going to do. XD Appreciate the tips.

My question is what is a pennywright and why is everyone talking about it? :) 

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

My question is what is a pennywright and why is everyone talking about it? :) 

Pennybright is a variant of Copper Dragon introduced in May this year. It's a bred-only variant that may be produced when breeding a Copper Dragon with a Lightning-aligned dragon. While caveborn Coppers have a patina or coating to their scales (Liver of Sulfur, Rainbow, Verdigris), Pennybrights do not.

image.thumb.png.05476e70b06fc97647f8ea0328e720ef.png

Not in the right mind to do math right now, can anyone check if this is right?

Question being, how many reds do you need to make sure you always have enough incubator? Platinum trophy assumed

The following calculation of worst case scenario assumes AP is incuhatchable and you always only grab from AP. It might be wrong because it's late for me and I'm super sleepy. So 24 eggs can be grabbed, incubated, and hatched on Day 1 (probably spaced out by a few hours, ie the time you need to hatch each batch of 8 eggs even after they're under 4 days and tossed in hatcheries, but I'm not adding that into the calculation). Then person would be hatchie locked for the next three days until they grow up. On Day 4, person can grab another 24 eggs in 3 batches and this keeps going every three days in a cycle, on Day 7, 10, and 13. Then on Day 14 the incubators from Day 1 come back. So does that mean we need 4*24 = 96 reds to make sure there's always reds on cooldown to use?

Thanks!

@Moriaty  I'm not the best at math but that *seems* fairly accurate. If you are assuming all hatchlings grow to adults (ie no freezing). I have 112 Reds (give or take a couple, spreadsheet isn't totally up to date) and I know I've come dangerously close to running out a few times but I'm a big freezer so some growing-things slots are freed a lot sooner than if all hatchlings take up space for the 3 days needed to become adults. Assuming no or few freezes, 96 sounds about right.

15 minutes ago, Elfydragon said:

I'm confused - Can you only trade eggs and hatchlings?

Yes that's right. 

4 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Not in the right mind to do math right now, can anyone check if this is right?

Question being, how many reds do you need to make sure you always have enough incubator? Platinum trophy assumed

The following calculation of worst case scenario assumes AP is incuhatchable and you always only grab from AP. It might be wrong because it's late for me and I'm super sleepy. So 24 eggs can be grabbed, incubated, and hatched on Day 1 (probably spaced out by a few hours, ie the time you need to hatch each batch of 8 eggs even after they're under 4 days and tossed in hatcheries, but I'm not adding that into the calculation). Then person would be hatchie locked for the next three days until they grow up. On Day 4, person can grab another 24 eggs in 3 batches and this keeps going every three days in a cycle, on Day 7, 10, and 13. Then on Day 14 the incubators from Day 1 come back. So does that mean we need 4*24 = 96 reds to make sure there's always reds on cooldown to use?

Thanks!

Actually you need 5 batches of 24 Red Dragons: Day 1, Day 4, Day 7, Day 10 and Day 13. Which means 5 * 24 = 120

But the batch from Day 1 comes back of CD on Day 15.

EIqf55N.png

Please excuse the Spanish words in the pic, I took a screenshot of my own laptop using this month as an example. Anyway, like I was saying the first batch of Reds comes back by Day 15 so you can use it on Day 16, then second batch comes back on Day 18 for you to use it on Day 19 and so on and so forth.

10 hours ago, Kegluneq said:

Actually you need 5 batches of 24 Red Dragons: Day 1, Day 4, Day 7, Day 10 and Day 13. Which means 5 * 24 = 120

Thank you for the correction! Yep I was totally not in the right mind to do math last night.

Now I have plans to get 53 more reds asap to reach 120!

I have 153 Reds, and because I often incubate several hatchlings for trade, rinse and repeat, I have run close to running out of Reds (along with influence, as I usually influence in case they end up staying on my scroll).  I still do not have enough Reds that I feel entirely comfortable. 😅  So it may depend on one’s play style.  I still don't know what the "comfortable" number of Reds is for me!  I only know I haven't reached it yet.  :shades::iraptor: alot

Edited by missy_

6 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Thank you for the correction! Yep I was totally not in the right mind to do math last night.

Now I have plans to get 53 more reds asap to reach 120!

I hope I was helpful ^^

Besides, I wanted to do that a long time ago. I was wondering the same about Reds, how many would I need to never run out of incubators but... never did! ^^U

I can breed some 2G PB's or 2G from Holidays if you need some!

Not usually, but it can occur. I believe the last one was Ash/Aranoa? The same goes for January, can occur but not often.

18 minutes ago, saltywench said:

Is there normally a November release, or no?

It's hard to tell, there wasn't one last year (in 2020,) there was one in 2019 (technically that one happened on Dec 1 though) (was the one with arona dragon, I believe animatedrose was talking about that one).  There wasn't one in 2018 and not 2017 either.  In terms of January release, there was one this year (2021), there isn't one in 2020, 2019, 2018, so there's a chance of either happening I think.

You can find this info by going through the news section and see if there's a release with post date between each year's halloween and xmas.

46 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I hope I was helpful ^^

Besides, I wanted to do that a long time ago. I was wondering the same about Reds, how many would I need to never run out of incubators but... never did! ^^U

I can breed some 2G PB's or 2G from Holidays if you need some!

Aww thanks for your offer!  I kind of just plan on hunting the AP though, I know a lot of people massbreed their reds, and it's really interesting when a flood of reds pop up! I've encountered a few of these nice AP surprises and I'm looking to see if I can catch more to build my numbers XD 

Which type of Floret I could get when breeding Pink Iris x Purple Alstroemeria?  All variations or only Pink Iris/Purple Alstroemeria?

Edit: Just seen a interesting Purple Iris...but still not sure how its happen:iraptor:

Edit 02: Ah, Purple Alstroemeria can breed a gold Alstroemeria, so seem that Pink Iris x Purple/Gold Alstroemeria can breed all variations (?)

Edited by D-wing