Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So the most efficient way to make an adult zombie would be: raise a large number of fodder dragons. The first half of the month, keep trying to kill them until your 5 kill slots are used up. Then try to revive the 5 dead dragons at night. If they revive normally, release them as they cannot be used for fodder again. The second half of the month, the kill slots will be back 14 days after you first use them. Kill dragons again until they are used up. Then revive the 5 dragons either one random night or on the 31st if this month has one. This means you have max 10 adult zombie attempts a month. Is that correct?

3 minutes ago, Elizabeth Moonstone said:

So the most efficient way to make an adult zombie would be: raise a large number of fodder dragons. The first half of the month, keep trying to kill them until your 5 kill slots are used up. Then try to revive the 5 dead dragons at night. If they revive normally, release them as they cannot be used for fodder again. The second half of the month, the kill slots will be back 14 days after you first use them. Kill dragons again until they are used up. Then revive the 5 dragons either one random night or on the 31st if this month has one. This means you have max 10 adult zombie attempts a month. Is that correct?

That works. There is a more efficient way in months with a 31st and especially in October: do your first set of kills early on the morning of the 17th. Then you can do your first set of revives early on the morning of the 31st, do your second set of kills later in the day on the 31st, and try to revive the second set of kills immediately. That gets you the same 10 attempts but with the full benefit of the 31st/Halloween odds. You need to keep careful track of timing though. Both kills and tombstones reset after exactly 2 weeks, so you need to make sure you kill the first batch of fodder late enough on the 17th that you'll have time to revive them on the 31st before their tombstones expire, but early enough that you'll still have time to kill and revive your second set of fodder on the 31st after your kill slots return.

7 minutes ago, AGYK said:

That works. There is a more efficient way in months with a 31st and especially in October: do your first set of kills early on the morning of the 17th. Then you can do your first set of revives early on the morning of the 31st, do your second set of kills later in the day on the 31st, and try to revive the second set of kills immediately. That gets you the same 10 attempts but with the full benefit of the 31st/Halloween odds. You need to keep careful track of timing though. Both kills and tombstones reset after exactly 2 weeks, so you need to make sure you kill the first batch of fodder late enough on the 17th that you'll have time to revive them on the 31st before their tombstones expire, but early enough that you'll still have time to kill and revive your second set of fodder on the 31st after your kill slots return.

That’s a great tip, thanks. However, considering how often adult dragons dodge, scoring 5/5 kills on 17th and 31st will require a very large number of fodder. 

What happens if you try to breed two Guardians of Nature?

Also, if you freeze a GoN hatchling, then later release it, will the GoN slot be freed?

Just now, 0x08 said:

What happens if you try to breed two Guardians of Nature?

Persumably they would refuse since they are neutral aligned and thus cant produce offspring much like gon x heartseeker outside of valentines day.

4 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Persumably they would refuse since they are neutral aligned and thus cant produce offspring much like gon x heartseeker outside of valentines day.

That makes sense! I assume such refusals would also happen by breeding GoN with any other neutral aligned dragons?

16 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Also, if you freeze a GoN hatchling, then later release it, will the GoN slot be freed?

Yes, it only counts if it is on your scroll.

5 hours ago, 0x08 said:

That makes sense! I assume such refusals would also happen by breeding GoN with any other neutral aligned dragons?

Not necessarily. If it has a result (like neutral regular x gon = regular's egg) it'll breed fine, but neutral out-of-season holiday x gon will refuse due to lack of result.

Hey guys~ I'm back!

What's the specs for the icon/profile pic thing? ^^ Thanks!

On 11/11/2021 at 1:27 AM, celis said:

Anyone know if they're doing a Secret Santa exchange for this year?

On 11/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, Moriaty said:

I just checked the secret santa account and at least right now they haven't created a 2021 secret santa thread yet. Hopefully it opens soon

Secret Santa signups are now open! Let me know if you find any mistakes anywhere or have any trouble with the forms. The forum was acting very glitchy about editing things.

Tell me what... I'm so used to hatchies being such because they're on Silvi's that I didn't think to put Halloween AP hatchies there :(

Now I have a number of tombstones.

If I want a zombie, the best time for revival is night, I did the basic research.

But what if I just want the hatchies alive, zombie or not (really, non-zombies are even preferred)? Is daytime or nighttime more conductive to revival "in any shape or form"? Like, if revive success is 87% and night-time zombie success is 10%, is it

• Night: revive 87%, zombie 10%; Day: revive 92%, zombie 5%
  • or
  • Night: revive 87%, zombie 10%; Day: revive below 87%, zombie 5%, total un-tombifying chance reduced dramatically?

And, on percentages... what are they?

26 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

Tell me what... I'm so used to hatchies being such because they're on Silvi's that I didn't think to put Halloween AP hatchies there :(

If I want a zombie, the best time for revival is night, I did the basic research.

But what if I just want the hatchies alive, zombie or not (really, non-zombies are even preferred)? Is daytime or nighttime more conductive to revival "in any shape or form"? Like, if revive success is 87% and night-time zombie success is 10%, is it

• or
  • Night: revive 87%, zombie 10%; Day: revive below 87%, zombie 5%, total un-tombifying chance reduced dramatically?

Sorry about your hatchies! :(

I'm not really sure that we have any statistics anywhere to answer your question. As far as I know, no one has ever tracked that.

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that revival chances are about equal day and night, but night attempts are more likely to produce zombies.

48 minutes ago, Snowwall said:

• or

No clue about actual percentages, especially with revival, but unfortunately revival isn't anywhere near as common as your (I assume random) numbers. For reference, I have a total of 33 zombies and only 13 successful revives (though I think there were 1 or 2 I released after revival) over the years.   Although, I don't often try with hatchlings, I guess it's possible the rate might be different with hatchies vs adults.

1 hour ago, Snowwall said:

Dunno about the actual percentages...just a stat point from a zombie-obsessed friend: all done at night recently in November, 4/69 hatchies revived, 0 zombies. Based on that, chance that your hatchie would revive is...hmm...very luck based.

5 minutes ago, heibangbls said:

How do you report a user?? Found someone doing racism

Click the flag at the top right of the forum post you want to report. A list will appear. Select "Spam" or "Abuse/Harassment" and add a message to your report if needed.

If the content is not a forum post, you can probably PM a forum moderator about it instead. Kaini and purpledragonclaw are two names that come to mind.

21 hours ago, heibangbls said:

How do you report a user?? Found someone doing racism

DM a moderator. I may not be a forum mod, but I do have their ear. you can also DM me.

Will I lose my platinum trophy if I go below 1000 dragons?

Edit: Yes, you lose the trophy. :lol:

Edited by Lost_Unicorn

14 minutes ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

Will I lose my platinum trophy if I go below 1000 dragons?

Edit: Yes, you lose the trophy. :lol:

This was discussed last year and I was just searching the thread for you while you found out the hard way 😆

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/186780-keep-platinum-trophy-egghatclhing-limit-once-earned/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-9945731

Apparently the change has not been made yet?

Sorry to see you loosing your slots.

1 minute ago, Varasse said:

Sorry to see you loosing your slots.

It's okay: I am egg-locked with 8 and I only dropped to 999 dragons; it will take 1.5-2 days to get the trophy back. :)

Two questions regarding hatchling and egg sort.

1. I influenced this Nebula hatchling male. He currently sorts (by breed) below a frozen purple male and below a blue female. He sorts above a red female. Because of his odd sorting, I’m having difficulty figuring out what color he will be.

95045A89-D0E1-4778-BB2B-311BEE7559A8.thumb.jpeg.e6dca7739935b5a8a4bd0d10a683763d.jpeg

2. This Terrae egg. I like to influence the CB ones male/female/male/female. I sorted them by breed and this is what I get (see screenshot under spoiler). The dates are top to bottom Feb. 2020, July 2020, a couple frozens, then Aug. 2013, March 2019. Where will this hatchling fall when it grows up?

FEB88540-85CD-48DD-8464-B99BC9AF2EED.thumb.jpeg.90b08f7e871334280dd98a2e17ec88ca.jpeg

Also, I am aware there are three different eggs sprites for the Terrae. Still, even this wiki entry does not help me decipher where this egg will grow up on my scroll. Any help appreciated.

Wiki entry:

• “These dragons sort as "Terrae" on user's scroll when Breed Sort is used. Because of their three different egg sprites, grown up or frozen dragons use a slightly different sorting mechanism under the Breed Sort view. Instead of sorting by dates within their breed section, they will sort using the egg sprites as markers instead, resulting in new hatchlings or adults to sometimes sort before dragons that were already there.”
Edited by missy_

@missy_   Nebulas sort with blue/purple together and green/red together, so I believe the hatchie should be purple if it's under the blue/purple.

The Terrae are a strange frustrating case when it comes to sorting, I once posted about it here, but because of the egg-sorting thing with them I don't think it's possible to tell anything about the eventual hatchie/adult unless you know what egg-sprites all your other Terraes were.

I have a Sunrise egg, and I'd like it to hatch into a sunset dragon. Do I just make sure it hatches later? 

Sun eggs need to hatch between 6pm and 12am DC-time in order to be Sunset.  Be aware that Sun eggs *cannot* hatch outside the Sunset or Sunrise (6am-12pm) window, so they can't hatch at all between 12pm-6pm and 12am-6am no matter views/time.

Edited by HeatherMarie