Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

18 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

what is the earliest time a hatchie can gender and approx how many views do you need to achieve?

A bit late, but no one really answered these. Hatchies can gender at any age and need less views to do so as they get older. It's like egg cracking, where you can force it to crack really early by adding tons of views but you'll probably make it sick in the process.

What does it mean when an old adult dragon is recently dead but it doesn't say the 'killed' message? I know if you kill an adult dragon it says "Unfortunately your dragon has been killed" on the view-page, and adults don't die randomly... Does this mean the scroll was burned? Or is there any other explanation?

image.jpeg.cb615b9bad350bbf68bd4d4f7ba22483.jpeg

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

What does it mean when an old adult dragon is recently dead but it doesn't say the 'killed' message? I know if you kill an adult dragon it says "Unfortunately your dragon has been killed" on the view-page, and adults don't die randomly... Does this mean the scroll was burned? Or is there any other explanation?

image.jpeg.cb615b9bad350bbf68bd4d4f7ba22483.jpeg

It was killed by TJ for having an offending name or description.

I don't know where to say this exactly, but here being the help section I'd like to say that I have LOTS of Aeons available, if anyone wants me to check their stuff I'll gladly help ^^

When you use earthquake or bite an egg and it dies, what message do you get on the egg's page? Is it "This egg has died" or "This egg has been killed"? I was looking through my Halloweens' progeny and found a dead egg that says it was killed, and I'm wondering if there's any way to know that if you're not the scroll owner. I guess it's not my business since it's not my egg but I'm curious.

That's what I though. You can tell I don't use those actions often, and the wiki didn't have that info either. Thanks!

Do stunned hatchlings retain the extra day when they're abandoned?

32 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Do stunned hatchlings retain the extra day when they're abandoned?

Yes. Only the view lock goes away.

Is it probable that a sick egg will survive having 700 plus views in the first few hours of life? Someone viewbombed two eggs I had up for trade and they're both at 6 days 22 hours with over 700 views.

7 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Is it probable that a sick egg will survive having 700 plus views in the first few hours of life? Someone viewbombed two eggs I had up for trade and they're both at 6 days 22 hours with over 700 views.

It's definitely possible, Ward it to make sure it doesn't die right away and fog it, in the 6-hour Ward window the views vs time may balance itself. 

I'm curious about Abby too! One of my lines just kind of died : /

Well, at least Abby was CB. MUCH worse was what happened to that holly which was midway up several lineages...

I have a suspicion of what happened to Abby.  Last I looked at my lines the name had gotten very political and that was a little while back.  If it changed to something worse I'd say TJ killed it for offensive name.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's definitely possible, Ward it to make sure it doesn't die right away and fog it, in the 6-hour Ward window the views vs time may balance itself. 

Thank you! I did ward them both. Fingers crossed they make it.

3 hours ago, Dracaena said:

I have a suspicion of what happened to Abby.  Last I looked at my lines the name had gotten very political and that was a little while back.  If it changed to something worse I'd say TJ killed it for offensive name.

Are you referring to the names of a line its offspring makes, or are you referring the name "abby" itself to be political?

18 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

Are you referring to the names of a line its offspring makes, or are you referring the name "abby" itself to be political?

The Abby tinsel used to always be the code "Abby" up until recently when it was named something political. Not sure if it was zapped because of that particular name or if it was renamed something more offensive since then. Or even a different reason.

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes. Only the view lock goes away.

That might explain a thing. 🤔

3 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Last I knew, its owner decided to name it something already very politically extremist. It is possible the owner came back and renamed it something even worse, which was what got it killed, or perhaps the first extremist name was already enough.

Was Abby the one (temporarily) named something like 'I prefer the old golds' or 'I prefer the old silvers' that I remembered seeing years ago on a CB Prize? I don't see a lot of prize owners using their prize to make a statement so that moment stuck out to me.

I remember seeing a user here whose signature (?) read "and sometimes a potato." Any ideas who could that be?

2 hours ago, Terces said:

Was Abby the one (temporarily) named something like 'I prefer the old golds' or 'I prefer the old silvers' that I remembered seeing years ago on a CB Prize? I don't see a lot of prize owners using their prize to make a statement so that moment stuck out to me.

Wel,, there's this lineaged tinsel... https://dragcave.net/view/n/I still prefer the old golds although the name might have belonged to another dragon. It's alive, though :)

Edited by Darth Krande

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, at least Abby was CB. MUCH worse was what happened to that holly which was midway up several lineages...

I don't know/remember that one?

@Dracaena It's a viable hypothesis.  I noticed the name changed several times and some could be seen as... iffy. Never bothered me tbh but there you go.

I'll put my 2G on the back burner for a while until I decide if I want to keep or release. I'm in the process off replacing all my messy lineages with nicer ones (1:1 catch and release) so no reason he can't wait.

1 hour ago, Darth Krande said:

I remember seeing a user here whose signature (?) read "and sometimes a potato." Any ideas who could that be?

Sockpuppet Strangler. TERRIBLY much missed.

Are Pyrope Pyralspites particularly rare? I know there is one variant of Pyralspite that is more common than others...