Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just now, dojafish said:

How come pitfires are super hot this Halloween??

My uneducated guess is that a lot of people couldn't get them last year on release so they're trying to get them now. :P

34 minutes ago, dojafish said:

Yes, what 0x08 said is basically true for every holiday dragon: the most recent year's dragon would be the hardest to find and the most popular in both AP and cave, for example this christmas I'd bet the Glysters would be the hardest to find in AP, and for the first few days very hard to get in cave too. In terms of cb it's gonna be even more for halloweens since we don't have scroll limit for them

57 minutes ago, dojafish said:

As the others have said, it's because they're last year's dragons.  Personally, I've been stalking the AP for them, as I love their exalted state so I (and I suspect a lot of others) have been getting them for that.

They are the newest, but they also have the exalted version so it effectively doubles scroll goals, plus we only learned about the second form long after the release drops were finished so almost everyone is playing catch-up.

Ah, thank you all!  It was just really bizarre to me, although I realized I only have one pair of them.  I was trying to get a genderswap of the NR halloween but have gotten zero offers, then I saw everybody is almost exclusively asking for pitfires instead—reminded me of the stateraes when they came out.  So I guess I won't be getting that genderswap then 😅

6 hours ago, 0x08 said:

My uneducated guess is that a lot of people couldn't get them last year on release so they're trying to get them now. :P

5 hours ago, Moriaty said:

Yes, what 0x08 said is basically true for every holiday dragon: the most recent year's dragon would be the hardest to find and the most popular in both AP and cave, for example this christmas I'd bet the Glysters would be the hardest to find in AP, and for the first few days very hard to get in cave too. In terms of cb it's gonna be even more for halloweens since we don't have scroll limit for them

5 hours ago, Quinney said:

As the others have said, it's because they're last year's dragons.  Personally, I've been stalking the AP for them, as I love their exalted state so I (and I suspect a lot of others) have been getting them for that.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

They are the newest, but they also have the exalted version so it effectively doubles scroll goals, plus we only learned about the second form long after the release drops were finished so almost everyone is playing catch-up.

26 minutes ago, dojafish said:

Ah, thank you all!  It was just really bizarre to me, although I realized I only have one pair of them.  I was trying to get a genderswap of the NR halloween but have gotten zero offers, then I saw everybody is almost exclusively asking for pitfires instead—reminded me of the stateraes when they came out.  So I guess I won't be getting that genderswap then 😅

A lot of people will offer on other people's genderswaps. Try canceling and remaking your teleport if it's been awhile.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Will an egg go down to 0 days 0 hours before dying? For extremely scuffed neglected dragno messing around purposes. 

12 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Will an egg go down to 0 days 0 hours before dying? For extremely scuffed neglected dragno messing around purposes. 

If you're talking about the timer, it becomes only hours when it drops below 1 day, I'm pretty sure it shows "0 hours" for a small amount of time before the egg actually dies, I've seen that a couple of times for dying egg and hatchlings in fog, but I'm not sure when exactly that happens. Usually the hour is the ceil (ie, if the egg has 1 hour 1 minute until death, it shows "2 hours" instead of 1.

55 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

If you're talking about the timer, it becomes only hours when it drops below 1 day, I'm pretty sure it shows "0 hours" for a small amount of time before the egg actually dies, I've seen that a couple of times for dying egg and hatchlings in fog, but I'm not sure when exactly that happens. Usually the hour is the ceil (ie, if the egg has 1 hour 1 minute until death, it shows "2 hours" instead of 1.

oo, ok!

Question, if you use the account setting to hide adults on your scroll, are they still visible when linking to a public group? ie, could I hide my adults but still allow some to be seen through groups?

Yes they can still be seen in groups.

Try my scroll !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I am pulling lovely things out of the AP, only to discover through precog that they will gender wrong. Is there any way to bounce eggs back-and-forth that might change their gender?

ETA: (They are too young to influence.)

Edited by missy_

Nothing but influence will change them.  This all is a big part of why I would hate to see a longer breeding period.

Ugh, thank you, Fuzz. Such a shame. :unsure: These are gorgeous lineages I have needed mates for, for a long time. And they have gorgeous names, too. 

I can’t remember how things used to be, but it seemed like when holiday dragons used to hit the AP that they were higher time?

ETA: Here: I will show them and how beautiful they are … ETA: Removing because I am dropping.

Edited by missy_

The more of us play, the more stuff ends up there. It's life !

Ahh, okay. I thought maybe something changed with the walls and the AP around the holidays, but I really can’t remember.

5 hours ago, Moriaty said:

I'm pretty sure it shows "0 hours" for a small amount of time before the egg actually dies

This happens because an egg or hatchie won't die until viewed once or the hourly hits. So the "0 hours" means it's in the negative life zone already, it just hasn't gotten the signal to die.

6 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

For neglected purposes, it will not. It will die immediately once it hits 0d0h, and 0d1h could mean anywhere from 59 minutes to 1 second of life left.

Edited by Shadowdrake

No one told me that dragons could become repulsed by vampire eggs? Like newly turned. I'm offended. xD

No one mentioned this, and now my vampire egg is gone. Rude. 

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

No one told me that dragons could become repulsed by vampire eggs? Like newly turned. I'm offended. xD

No one mentioned this, and now my vampire egg is gone. Rude. 

:( Yep, that is one of the possibilities. They die, they turn and stay, or they turn and go.

Apparently your dragons were offended by the intruder. XD

Seriously, I know it can be frustrating. My Vamps usually kill, so when an egg turns and then gets kicked out it really upsets me.

15 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Seriously, I know it can be frustrating. My Vamps usually kill, so when an egg turns and then gets kicked out it really upsets me.

actually i'd rather my vamps turn the egg and it gets repulsed rather than dead - one less dead egg on my scroll to get annoyed at.

Just had the weirdest experience. Everyone's heard of viewbombing, but I’ve never experienced someone taking my eggs OUT of the ER.