Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

We've experienced the cut-off in different ways over the years, I know with some events people have reported still being able to play for a few hours after midnight if they already had the tab open. But I wouldn't count on that.

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Won't they grow by Sunday night? (I have one to plant...)

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

They should. I planted a row of them last night and they are ready to harvest now. I am just trying to decide if I should leave them all there, or if I should harvest some. I don't think I will really need the money and I'm not sure what to put in that space if I do take them out.

honestly, i have no idea what i'll be doing halloween night.

i have two eyestalks that are at stage three (all the way in the back), and i don't remember when i planted them.  i mean, i can plant them now and see what happens?

does the garden only grow when i have it open?

Just now, trystan said:

and i don't remember when i planted them.  i

I planted mine around 4 p.m. and it has sprouted already 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

does the garden only grow when i have it open?

Nah, they grow automatically (like overnight) and growing time still counts for a stage even if you forgot to water, so there's no risk. Nothing needs over 12 hours to grow. If you're really concerned, you can check the wiki to see how much time each stage approximately needs so you can check on them with minimal waiting.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Just now, Shadowdrake said:

Nah, they grow automatically (like overnight) and growing time still counts for a stage even if you forgot to water, so there's no risk. Nothing needs over 12 hours to grow. If you're really concerned, you can check the wiki to see how much time each stage approximately needs so you can check on them with minimal waiting.

thanks for the reassurance! 

i planted some eyestalks yesterday (afternoon?), and they're still two stages from the end, which is why i was wondering about it.  here's my garden: https://dragcave.net/halloween21/trystan830 (hope that works?)

thanks for the reassurance! 

i planted some eyestalks yesterday (afternoon?), and they're still two stages from the end, which is why i was wondering about it.  here's my garden: https://dragcave.net/halloween21/trystan830 (hope that works?)

Have you watered them? If you planted them yesterday they should definitely be grown by now.

i planted some eyestalks yesterday (afternoon?), and they're still two stages from the end

It's probably because you didn't check on it enough and water them in time to start the timer for the next stage. For example, if you plant your seed last evening, water it, and went to bed, then when you get up even though it's been 6 (or maybe more) hours between you last saw the seed, it'd still be only at stage 2 (tiny sprout in this example), because the timer for the next stage doesn't start until you've watered them again after they change stage. 2 stage from the end is I think the 4th stage in terms of eye stalks, so you probably have only checked on and watered them 3 times after initially planting+watering the seed in the past 1 day+

Edited by Moriaty

11 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Have you watered them? If you planted them yesterday they should definitely be grown by now.

yep.

however, i just recently moved a rock from near each of the ones in the back.

i have it open in my browser and i do pop back to it periodically..... 🤔

10 minutes ago, Moriaty said:

It's probably because you didn't check on it enough and water them in time to start the timer for the next stage. For example, if you plant your seed last evening, water it, and went to bed, then when you get up even though it's been 6 (or maybe more) hours between you last saw the seed, it'd still be only at stage 2 (tiny sprout in this example), because the timer for the next stage doesn't start until you've watered them again after they change stage. 2 stage from the end is I think the 4th stage in terms of eye stalks, so you probably have only checked on and watered them 3 times after initially planting+watering the seed in the past 1 day+

so it does grow only when i'm on the page.

it does say "already watered" when i hover over it.

thanks everyone! :D 

21 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Are bred Pitfires not capable of being Exalted?

They don't have the kill action? 

24 minutes ago, Library_gremlin said:

Are bred Pitfires not capable of being Exalted?

Oh goodness I hope that's not true. Are you not able to kill it? Or did it just dodge?

47 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh goodness I hope that's not true. Are you not able to kill it? Or did it just dodge?

Wait . . . I forgot that I have to try to kill it. Never mind. 

Whew! Scared myself. It worked. 

2 hours ago, Moriaty said:

the timer for the next stage doesn't start until you've watered them again after they change stage.

That hasn't been true for me. If I water something after I've left it awhile, it usually changes stage in the next 10 minutes. I just tested with a cabbage sprout and it worked like I expected.

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

We've experienced the cut-off in different ways over the years, I know with some events people have reported still being able to play for a few hours after midnight if they already had the tab open. But I wouldn't count on that.

That happen to me with Snow Wars 1, after the event finished I left the tab open and continued playing. 

As long as you don't refresh the tab you could continue playing. Depends on the game I suppose.

I'm in the UK, clocks go back 1 hour tonight.  Can anyone tell me what time to get here for,  to be here at midnight cave time for 31st starting please?

I'm sorry, I have a brain that can't deal with mathematics! 🥺

38 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I'm in the UK, clocks go back 1 hour tonight.  Can anyone tell me what time to get here for,  to be here at midnight cave time for 31st starting please?

I'm sorry, I have a brain that can't deal with mathematics! 🥺

It depends at what time does the clock officially change. Here in Mexico the clock will change tonight as well from 3:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

Anyway, assuming the same for the UK, and hoping I'm not mistaken you should be online here at 4:00 a.m. 

11 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

It depends at what time does the clock officially change. Here in Mexico the clock will change tonight as well from 3:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

Anyway, assuming the same for the UK, and hoping I'm not mistaken you should be online here at 4:00 a.m. 

Thanks for this. Ours go back at 2am to 1am.

4 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Thanks for this. Ours go back at 2am to 1am.

It's still the same, you should be online at 4 a.m. 

1 minute ago, Kegluneq said:

It's still the same, you should be online at 4 a.m. 

Yes, thank you 🙂

Are golden/yellow Undines only obtainable from breeding, or can they obtained from the cave too?

Edited by 0x08

49 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

Are golden/yellow Undines only obtainable from breeding, or can they obtained from the cave too?

The yellow ones are obtained only by breeding.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

The yellow ones are obtained only by breeding.

Ok! Just needed a confirmation. Thanks :)

Doing a mass Pitfire breeding before the new eggs drop tomorrow. Any suggestions for pairings? I’ve done Gold, Earth, Yellow Xyu, Fell, and dark Canto so far, but would like to breed some 2Gs that others would be pleased to find when they show up in the AP. Hit me up with ideas!