Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, oxoniensis said:

Doing a mass Pitfire breeding before the new eggs drop tomorrow. Any suggestions for pairings? I’ve done Gold, Earth, Yellow Xyu, Fell, and dark Canto so far, but would like to breed some 2Gs that others would be pleased to find when they show up in the AP. Hit me up with ideas!

Exalted Pitfire x Enraged Aegis

Exalted Pitfire x Kohraki -both genders-

M Regular/Exalted x F Mirisia

Both Regular x Autumn

Both Exalted x Winter

M Exalted x F Tan Ridgewing

Both Exalted x Mint

Exalted x Blazeback

I don’t have enough Pitfire to do all those, but I’ll certainly do a few! Thanks for all the ideas!

(And that’s me done, and ready for tomorrow’s hunt!)

Edited by oxoniensis

Anyone know if 'held' eggs always auto-abandon after exactly 1 hour? Or, if they are supposed to anyways. I thought it was 1 hour down to the minute, but it's 5 minutes past that one hour and they are still on my scroll. (I know I can 'keep' one and it will auto the rest, just curious about the timing.)

edit: Okay, they are gone now. Maybe it was just lagging a bit. Still strange.

Edited by HeatherMarie

5 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Anyone know if 'held' eggs always auto-abandon after exactly 1 hour? Or, if they are supposed to anyways. I thought it was 1 hour down to the minute, but it's 5 minutes past that one hour and they are still on my scroll. (I know I can 'keep' one and it will auto the rest, just curious about the timing.)

edit: Okay, they are gone now. Maybe it was just lagging a bit. Still strange.

Yeah, I always thought it was exactly an hour. The cave has been pretty laggy today, though -- probably all the farming going on -- so that might cause a little time warp.

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yeah, I always thought it was exactly an hour. The cave has been pretty laggy today, though -- probably all the farming going on -- so that might cause a little time warp.

Yeah, it's been extremely laggy all day, and now it just feels like it's gotten even worse. Went to eat dinner and watch tv, came back, and pages are barely loading. ..... I hope this won't affect the ability to get the new eggs. 

Is DC completely Effed RN?  I can't cancel trades, abandon anything,  or pick up new eggs.

Is the site really laggy for anyone else? I've been trying to name dragons but they haven't been going through and if I water the plants in my garden and reload the page everything goes back to before I watered them

Same eggs being offered in drop, no new ones showing... It cleared, will see if it happens again it resolved itself  *whew*

Edited by priscel

It seems to have got it's stuff together

It's been sooo slow for me as well.

And something very strange just happened to me! An egg that I had grabbed on the AP appeared there again after returning to the page and refreshing a few times. I clicked it and it just lead to a page like  https://dragcave.net/code/XXXXX (with the code of the egg in question) which gave me the "Page Not Found" message. Is this a common bug?

(I also noticed that the egg initially didn't count toward my egg limit – so now I reabandoned it for real to get space. 😹)

Edited by Varislapsi

if an adult dragon dodges a kill, how likely is it that a subsequent effort will work? i'm just realizing that maybe i should have bred more than one 2g pitfire for a couple of reborn pitfire lineages... :dry:

11 minutes ago, miaou said:

if an adult dragon dodges a kill, how likely is it that a subsequent effort will work? i'm just realizing that maybe i should have bred more than one 2g pitfire for a couple of reborn pitfire lineages... :dry:

You can try again at midnight DC time the next day ;) I don't think previous dodges affect the success rate, but some have been persistent in my experience... 

Just now, schenanigans said:

I don't think previous dodges affect the success rate

thanks, this is a huge relief!

I gained 3 shards seemingly out of nowhere. I have no eggs that could hatch, no hatchlings that grew up, and I haven't repeatedly picked up and abandoned anything at all. Am I losing it? :huh:

23 minutes ago, 0x08 said:

I gained 3 shards seemingly out of nowhere. I have no eggs that could hatch, no hatchlings that grew up, and I haven't repeatedly picked up and abandoned anything at all. Am I losing it? :huh:

Did you grab a new-Halloween from the biomes? That gets 3 shards each I believe. edit- Nope, that's apparently 5. Hmm.

Random question, have Waters/etc always been labeled 'Sea Serpents' in the Encyclopedia? I always use the Encyclopedia-info in my spreadsheet but I have that body-type (for zombies) down as 'Leviathan', did they used to be called that or has it always been Sea Serpent? Anyone know when it changed, if it did?

Edited by HeatherMarie

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Did you grab a new-Halloween from the biomes? That gets 3 shards each I believe. edit- Nope, that's apparently 5. Hmm.

I got those shards earlier today! The eggs are several hours old now.

21 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Random question, have Waters/etc always been labeled 'Sea Serpents' in the Encyclopedia? I always use the Encyclopedia-info in my spreadsheet but I have that body-type (for zombies) down as 'Leviathan', did they used to be called that or has it always been Sea Serpent? Anyone know when it changed, if it did?

This is the kind of question I love!

I dove into the deep depths of the wiki's edit history on the articles for Water Dragons, Shallow Water Dragons and Morphology, and have come to the conclusion that "leviathan" was/is a player term in lieu of the official term "sea serpent" which was introduced with the encyclopedia. :D

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

My shards have had an extra 3 shards for months now. Never goes away... my weekly total now ends in 03.

What - a geode ? Yes; I have VERY MANY....

I have 24 Geodes, they aren't that uncommon, though I don't see them very often in the AP. 

8 minutes ago, JemClock said:

I've never seen nor gotten them besides that one. I'm literally thinking they're mystical (lol).

They are hybrids, so don't appear in the biomes, they can be bred using Green/Stone, Green/Green, or Stone/Stone pairings (and you can get one from breeding a Geode, as well). 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

They are hybrids, so don't appear in the biomes, they can be bred using Green/Stone, Green/Green, or Stone/Stone pairings (and you can get one from breeding a Geode, as well). 

Man, there's so much about breeding I don't know. I'm a collector 😭.

Pitfires are guaranteed to become exalted when killed the first time, right? No chances of failure?